4 months in

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions 4 months in

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jo*Jo 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jo*Jo
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 242

Hey, I just wanted to update as i’m really pleased with how its gone.

I’m 4 days off the 4 month mark and I’m finally free of the vaginal yeast infection. I hadnt had sex in about 2 years so this is a really big deal for me. I think i’m free of all other symptoms too: Oral thrush, itchy armpits, itchy nipple.. there were other symptoms but they were more about how i felt after sugar and wheat.

The itchy nipple and itchy armpits went away as the diet began but the big turn around was starting MegaFlora as although the infection was still there, the itching down there disappeared after a while. I even noticed how well my fingernails were growing. I always had great strong, long nails but a few years ago they wouldnt grow past the nail bed and would peel. But on MegaFlora they got long really quick and most of the peeling went. But then the bottle ran out and I had a problem with ordering HMF Neuro so i wasnt on any for about 3 weeks and the itching came back and so did a bit of the peeling. When I began HMF Neuro I was disappointed for a bit as i noticed no difference but two weeks in and the thrush has gone, and 99% of the peeling nails too.

I think it went last week. Rather than taking one at night and one in the morning, I was taking two in the morning and one at night and the latter would usually be inserted. During the day I inserted coconut soaked tampons and took 12 tsp of coconut oil. I didnt even have any kefir last week because I was away.

I am also taking 3000mg caprylic acid (which i need to change soon), biotin, D3, A, C, magnesium, calcium and zinc. molybdenum and milk thistle.

I’m still on stage 1 of the diet and most of my intake consists of eggs, chicken, salmon, coconut bread, oatbran, buckwheat and buckwheat flour, buckwheat noodles, swede, courgettes, lettuce, cucumber, radishes, turnip, garlic, onions, olive oil, coconut cream, lemon drinks, nettle tea, Fage yoghurt and kefir.

The thing with my yeast infection was that it never went away. It was always there for years, until now. But i realise that it will come back at some point, at least temporarily. I plan on staying on stage one and doing everything else i’m doing for another few weeks while changing caprylic acid to something else and switching to Innate Response probiotics when my HMF neuro bottle runs out. I’ve been looking into alternative diets for long term once i’m “over” this. Maybe a diet that involves being grain free, dairy free, gluten free and sugar free. But i’ll see how that goes. I’m very interested in these diets but it bothers me about how hard it is when you go away on holiday. It was pretty hard for me last week – but i survived!

I’m actually a little surprised that its gone at this point in time because for the last two months i was having to take a lot of painkillers and two weeks ago i was put on Nortriptyline for Fibromyalgia which contains lactose.

I still have my itraconazole tablets to take. Thinking perhaps I should take them soon.

The only downside i’m experiencing at the moment is that i had some coconut milk a few days ago and had bad wind for two days afterwards. Plus I was very spotty last week but that is getting a bit better now.

I’m not saying i’m candida free. Far from it. Just that the one major symptom – the reason i’m here – has finally cleared up so i’m feeling very positive.

Any tips or suggestions at this point?

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

Im worried about that. A symptom shouldnt come back that soon when you are on such a strict diet, or else imo it means you are merely suppressing your symptoms with those expensive probiotics only too fall back again. If the overgrowth is too big the probiotics you took might just be symptom suppression as it looks like the candida took back lost ground easily when you were off them. What do you think?

Jo*Jo

You make a fair point but it wasnt as bad as perhaps i made it sound. The itching was only down below, not the nipple or the armpits and it was only very slightly, like i was aware of something. It wasnt so bad that i needed to use anything to make it feel better.

You could still be right though and i intend to watch it very closely.

If it is just suppressing the symptoms rather than getting rid of them, what should i do about it?

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

Well, if your case is bad enough, and you are noticing the only thing is happening is symptom suppression, you might be interested in this: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst4741_What-im-doing-to-cure-candida-and-why-Im-doing-it-with-ClO2-enemas.aspx

Im just worried you might be wasting money and time on stuff that isnt working. I have been there. I have wasted so much money on probiotics and supplements only to relapse again. Things like magnesium, zinc and vitamins wont do anything against candida either. Attacking the overgrowth is the most important thing in my experience, and probiotics is a very expensive and imo inefficient way of doing that, though, it might work when you nuke it with enough antifungals if your case is not so severe. Still expensive and grinding method though. For me enema’s (which is a very cheap method) is the most groundbreaking thing I have ever done against candida. The symptoms disappear within weeks so expensive supplements are not neccesary that way. It is then that the probiotics have the space to make a long term difference imo. Doesnt mean the protocol doesnt work for some.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Jojo,

I would continue on your current plan of healing and just take some other good grade probiotics. I would also start working in some other antifungals (2-3 types would be best) such as black walnut extract, garlic, red clover, SF722. I would also try out some new foods from stage 2 and see if you can tolerate them. Check out taking bitters which can improve your digestion.

I had pretty bad gas from the coconut milk as well and realized that it wasn’t very beneficial to my treatment. I think its good for weight gain but not really anything else. It tastes good as well.

Get some cod liver oil to reduce the inflammation.

It takes 1-2 years to heal from candida so you are over just the first part of the journey.

-raster

Jo*Jo

Thanks raster. I forgot to mention that my stools have been a yellow/light brown colour for most of the 4 months and they are still like this. Is there something i should be doing to rectify that?

Regarding the antifungals, I took others before going on to caprylic acid. Do you mean that i should take 2-3 at the same time?

The cod liver oil for inflamation I assume would be for the acne?

Would there ever come a point where I can take less coconut oil?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘4 months in’ is closed to new replies.