3 Year N=1 – Curing Leaky Gut Is Not A Cure For Acne

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions 3 Year N=1 – Curing Leaky Gut Is Not A Cure For Acne

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mygutleaks 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

hi ya’ll, I posted the below on a message board for acne and thought I’d share it here too. I used to post a lot on this board, and it helped me a great deal. i had originally set out to cure my acne (overcome food intolerances). it now looks like it’s not possible, or at least my inflammation is not caused by sibo and candida (but possibly my immune system). I’m glad that i addressed my candida and probably got lucky in that it didn’t become full-blown. My guess is that i was heading down that road, but sought treatment because so many foods were bothering me. anyways..

For me, fixing leaky gut has not fixed my issues that cause acne (this is my result after a 3 year self detox with physician test data before and after). Had many courses of antibiotics as a child and developed bad acne in my teens (not sure if there’s a correlation, just an assumption). a stool test a few years ago confirmed candida overgrowth, sibo, etc. – which suggests ‘leaky gut.’ after a long period of eating non-inflammatory foods and killing off the overgrowth, my 2nd stool test showed that everything was back to normal – my secretory Iga reading (mucosal barrier) was stellar, good bacteria in normal range, no candida (also no parasites but they were apparently not a problem from beginning). However i still react to almost all the same foods as before incl. almost all the common allergenic foods – wheat, milk, soy, peanut, eggs – am now also reacting to corn which didn’t bother me before. This leads me to think that these foods will always cause inflammation in me and will always be off limits. Luckily i do not react to sugar and can eat most fruits in abundance. i have a lot of trouble keeping weight on so this is the only way. i did several tests with a physician after my long-term cleanse, and am in great health – liver is fine, etc. Only thing the report said was to take digestive enzymes, but even a very strong one does not keep the acne away if i eat those foods. I also added in TMG for stomach acid (also took betaine hcl), fish oil. I worked my way up to eating home-made sauerkraut and other probiotic foods, which at first gave me big problems, but now i’m good, taking probiotics in pill form too. But – NONE of these keeps my acne away if i eat inflammatory foods. Luckily, avoiding intolerances, does. And i don’t think there’s a cure for me other than that.

Also – i’ve tried lots of other cures – only accutane, vit A and b5 worked 100% for me (while eating poorly) – but all had side effects. nothing else has ever worked.

-MGL

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I recommend trying out 2 things:

Try out s. boulardii (floraster) for one month and see if you react to foods afterwards. Boulardii is the most anti-inflammatory substance I have ever tried and should reverse your leaky gut within one week potentially (if you take it at a high dose).

The second thing I recommend is trying out my ND’s liver cleanse that takes a few months:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst3877_Rasters-late-in-your-treatment-liver-cleanse.aspx

I don’t remember you focusing on liver health in the past so I would give it a try. Costs maybe $40-50 or so and you should reap long term benefits as well (such as better digestion, etc). Your liver health is likely tied to your acne and skin health.

-raster

mygutleaks
    Participant

hi Raster,

I took SB for quite a while. no change in acne! have also taken things beneficial to the liver – milk thistle, taurine, etc. same thing. I don’t have a problem with acne unless I eat those foods. otherwise my face is clear. but, I had thought by curing candida etc I would stop breaking out from those foods – that’s what my doc said – and he/I were wrong.

-MGL

Paperstars
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 47

What helped reduce my numerous painful cystic acne into just a few smaller pimples was a herbal formula. One of the ingredients that did make a difference for me was Licorice root because I believed apart of my acne was hormonal. I had read on another forum women who have PCOS have used it successfully, and one of the benefits was reduction of acne. I stopped taking it after 1 week though because Licorice root isn’t all that safe to take long-term, especially with people with or at risk of high blood pressure or kidney problems.

I’m not sure if that particular supplement would be of use to you, but I was just trying to illustrate that perhaps apart of the problem is hormonal imbalance like with me. I too suffer from food intolerances but of course I could be totally wrong.

mygutleaks
    Participant

if licorice root helps I would suspect the adrenals. I started taking an adrenal glandular but one without the hormones. so far it hasn’t helped with intolerances. in fact my intolerances seem worse now that the candida is gone. so weird!! thanks for the reply!

-MGL

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘3 Year N=1 – Curing Leaky Gut Is Not A Cure For Acne’ is closed to new replies.