3 weeks in, beating bad die-off!

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals 3 weeks in, beating bad die-off!

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Magical1
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 9

How this started:

I got a bad fingernail infection. Read up on it, realized I had almost all the symptoms of candida including brain fog and digestive problems. I am grateful to the infection for pointing me in the right direction. Started supplements. Can’t do coconut oil, it makes me so sick, I think I am allergic to it. So I’m going to wait until week four or five to start it again.

Week one: Awful. Rashes all over fingers, face broke out, dizziness, headaches, nausea, diarrehea, gas.

Only ate: Avocados (lots), zucchini, salad no dressing, cucumbers, tiny amounts of chicken. Ate a few almonds, still not sure about the almonds. At end of week one discovered zucchinis and green beans are my favorite new foods. Started Benzonite.

Also, I am raising two kids under the age of three and I started a new weekend job that week. So I was exhausted, on the brink of passing out, and trying to keep it together while I was at the park with my kids. Had to run to the bathroom a lot, with baby in bjorn – not an easy task! Threw up after eating wild salmon. Lost five pounds and I am skinny to begin with. Felt all around terrible.

Week two: A break from awful! Four days without any symptoms! Three days – regression back to awful. Decided to cut out chicken. But drank almond milk after feeling crampy (got my period, yikes). Feeling more energetic, started taking B vitamins with no yeast which improved energy. At end of week two, my hands got so dry they started cracking. Had a rough time at a wedding. Tried eating a salad there, bad idea. Overall symptoms are less than first week, I keep reminding myself.

Week three: Fingernail infection is completely GONE! I watched it heal over last few weeks, so cool! Hands soft! Used olive oil on skin, worked overnight. Feeling SO MUCH better. Woke up once with bad taste in mouth after eating unsweetened Greek yogurt yesterday. Any advice on this? After I ate it, I had no digestive problems and I felt really good so why the bad taste?

Overall, week one and part of week two were the worst weeks ever. But now I feel I am making progress and I am grateful for this new start in life so I can be stronger and healthier for my kids. Cutting out meat seemed to help me.

I’d rather be on the diet than be sicker later.

paulkur89234
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 20

I am just so proud of your sincere determination. You’re an inspiration to all of us undergoing the same dieting.

Magical1

Thank you for your support!

End of week 3 – no digestion problems except for gas and in the middle of the night, I am so hungry I can hear my stomach churning. It makes it impossible to sleep!

Also, waiting for bags under eyes to go down, but that might also be from raising two babies.

Any opinion on greek yogurt?

Kamilion
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 15

Ashwagandha is amazing for sleep, Able posted about it as an alternative to melatonin, valerian and other sleep inducing herbs. I gave it a try after my melatonin was no longer working for me. It works wonders I take 2-3 a day a few hours before bed.

Your best bet would be to make your own yoghurt.

Magical1

Thanks so much – will try it!

What about raw butter? Store bought but raw/organic…I’ve been eating it with the green beans. Also, kelp noodles I found at Whole Foods in the refrigerated section? The only ingredient is seaweed. They are crunchy and weird but if I eat with spinach, they are filling.

Thanks for the comments and for this forum.

Kamilion
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 15

Raw organic butter is a controversial food, it’s about finding out what works for you and if dairy is well tolerated and it works for you that’s great! A good alternative is ghee but it’s also controversial. I’m currently just started the cleanse, but prior to that I did love a little butter on occasion with green beans with sea salt! I’d suggest to enjoy it in moderation!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Magical1 wrote: What about raw butter?

There’s a product by the name of “ghee” which is on the strict diet and used in place of butter.
    Another name for ghee is ‘clarified butter.’

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=ghee

Able

Magical1

Thanks. Don’t know why but ghee makes me feel sick. Same with coconut oil. So mostly frying in water and then putting olive oil on top after cooking.

SRQ
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 53

Magical1 wrote: .
    I am raising two kids under the age of three and I started a new weekend job that week. So I was exhausted, on the brink of passing out, and trying to keep it together while I was at the park with my kids.

Wow. And, I feel like I can barely hold it together just taking care of myself. You’re an inspiration. Hang in there! Sounds like you’re making progress.

Magical1

Thanks so much! It is tricky with two little kids but in some ways it might be easier in that I honestly don’t have time to get depressed. We stay in some days when I get too exhausted. I don’t think they notice, they’re happy playing at home once in awhile.

Four weeks – things are going much better. Looking back, week one and two were really hard. But now, I only had one bad day in the last two weeks! I am not eating much. When I stop to think of how much I used to eat every meal, it seems ridiculous. Now, I go most of the day without eating and when I snack it’s on green beans usually and sometimes almonds (more than a handful is bad for me though).

Recently I introduced spinach, broccoli (only handle a little bit or I feel nauseous) a little greek yogurt and tiny bits of quinoa (1/4 cup a day of red quinoa for breakfast). For a treat, I have half an apple with cinnamon sprinkled on top – delicious! Also, kelp noodles (mentioned above) are helping me stay full. I think not eating meat has made the biggest difference.

Also make a zucchini soup now – just three zucchinis, water, a lemon squeeze, two onions, some herbs de provence spices, and sea salt – boiled and then mixed up with a hand blender in the pot! Good for two days of food.

Still having sleep issues but I ordered the stuff recommended above and should get it soon.

Hang in there fellow troopers!

Magical1

Week four still: Good things: fingernail healed, skin healed. I introduced oat bran fiber, that helped on the bad days when I get diarrehea.

Things that could use improving: I’m so tired! It hit me this week more than before. Knees hurt. Also mucus after stool? I hope this is the candida coming out!

I started eating small amounts of meat again. Helped energy initially but now am really really tired.

I’m still eating so many vegetables…and now used to eating large amounts of those.

Magical1

One Month Update:

Now on week five: Good news, my energy just came back! Feeling great! And I actually woke up three days in a row feeling happy! I can’t remember how long it’s been since I felt like that in the morning. I took both kids to the park all day and then to ikea (if you can believe it) and no problems!

(Sorry to be graphic here:) Still have really werid smelling gas now and then but my stools are floating instead of sinking now.

Overall, I’m looking way better! Dark circles under eyes are starting to fade. My skin is pinker. My fingernail got yellow again but didn’t get that much worse, I am soaking in watered down hydrogen peroxide (read about it online), we’ll see how that goes.

Eating: A lot of cucumbers, avocados, no more chicken but a tiny bit of red meat (not sure why chicken has bad effect, maybe bacteria?), green beans all the time (seriously, like 100 green beans a day), zucchini, spinach, FAGE full fat greek yogurt, coconut butter and coconut bread (the bread tastes like cardboard and has completely cured me of wanting it), seaweed, half of an apple a day. Can’t do eggs, raw almonds, chicken. However, made some almond bread and it didn’t effect me like raw almonds did, maybe the baking kills mold? I am now in the habit of making the exact same meals every day and taking them with me in tuperware wherever I go. I haven’t eaten out in over a month, very liberating! Once you decide that you can’t eat anything in restaurants anyway, you start enjoying making your own food.

Some cool things I learned: Olive oil is amazing – I put a few drops in my bath and I rub it in my skin at night. I rub it under my eyes and on my fingernail. My skin is silky smooth now. Also, I brush my teeth with baking soda and my teeth are really white, someone even asked me if I had them whitened. Toothpastes have sweeteners in them so you have to be careful.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Can’t do coconut oil, it makes me so sick, I think I am allergic to it. So I’m going to wait until week four or five to start it again.

I don’t know of anyone who didn’t say the same thing in the beginning, but if you want four or five weeks, you will have lost a lot, a LOT of time on the treatment. Coconut oil is one of the paramount ingredients of a Candida treatment. You could start with as little as ¼ of a teaspoon which is barely enough to swallow and work your way up. People give up on this way too easy considering what they have at stake.

Ate a few almonds

Almonds equal mold, Candida love mold as it adds to a beneficial environment.

But drank almond milk

See above. If you have to drink something besides water and lemon water, try coconut milk, sugar-free. If you can’t find sugar-free, do without it.

Overall, week one and part of week two were the worst weeks ever

Probably caused by the dying Candida toxins. Did you take precautions against the aldehyde toxins in your body produced by dying Candida? If so, which precautions.

Cutting out meat seemed to help me.

Cutting out meat is a wise decision. The ammonia released by the animal protein will build a favorable environment in which the Candida can continue to grow and multiply.

Read the protocol others are using.
    The Protocol

Able

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘3 weeks in, beating bad die-off!’ is closed to new replies.