3 Months Boulardii update (And one question)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions 3 Months Boulardii update (And one question)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  stovariste 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

stovariste
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 116

Hi,

intro: I’ve been on strict diet for almost 1 year with good success, stopped it from growing more and managed to keep it under control. Still, I had bad days when I try to reintroduce some forbidden food. (there are my posts with updates in this forum, one can find it)

Then decided to start boulardii 3 months ago. I’ve wrote here and thats my last update, since I had ups and downs all the time I was not able to say I am cured yet. I still am not able to, since I am afraid to test all food at once, but I am not having major reaction to whatever I tried so far. Honestly, I am not trying it too much.

I would like to say that like 40 days in boulardii protocol I had to do 10-day amoxicilin tour.

Anyway, I’ve been great, sometimes very well, and other days I’ve had some trouble, but in general (too bad I did not write daily diary), my health was improving all the time.

10 day in boulardii I remember I had immune reaction, the same one I would get before when I have flu or some virus (I get hive on lips).

My diet is far away from strict, eating many forbidden foods such as all vegetables (non-green as well), brown-rice, low-sugar black chocolate, honey (yes!! I’ve eat almost 2kg of honey in past 45 days), including some pizza-cheese in sandwiches and some apples.

Anyway, I stopped using boulardii like 6-7 days ago just to test is it allowing me to be good just while taking it, or is it general improvement and so far, as I continued with same diet, I have no major problems with any of the foods.(I will write update anyway!)

I advice everybody to give it a try and not to give up easily (unless they have some alergic reaction)

@Jorge Why did you stop using it? I remember your post about claiming it works, and then you said its not helping you. Maybe you had to reintroduce food slowly like I am?

Question now 🙂
    I feel like I dont have candida problem at all anymore…
    My major problem at the moment is that I am having low blood pressure which I had not before. Well, my family has history with Low Blood Pressure, and maybe thats it. And now when I think, I’ve had it before probably but I was not aware. These days I have major problems such as you can find in Internet that describe those symptoms. I am not sure is it happening with my new foods, or what??? I am asking, since maybe somebody had/knows similar story happened during reintroduction of the foods…

Anyway, drinking tons of water is helping. As well as coffee or some workout. At some point during day when pressure is back to normal, I feel as healthy as one would wish to be!

thanks and best luck everybody

fireman22
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 12

I’ve also had a good experience with s boulardii. I’ve stopped taking that and swapped it with a 30 strain probiotic which is also working pretty well. Seems like the probiotics only started working for me after hammering away at the candida with antifungals for a while as I tried them earlier on with no success.

I’m not following too strict of a diet(which I probably should be doing…) but I have cut back a lot on the sugar and starches. Still not cured but I am feeling better, and I will most likely take another course of s boulardii.

Question..which brand are you using? Florastor worked pretty well for me but I would like a cheaper alternative.

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Low blood pressure can be a specific vitamin deficiency.

Lets say you ate a certain way for a year to heal, and that naturally had you favoring certain foods.
    The stress of an illness uses more nutrients, stress in general, lack of sleep, not absorbing what you actually ARE eating while having candida because now adrenals,kidneys,liver are working a little harder than usual, you can see easily that a vitamin deficiency could possible exist.

Cant remember if it was B-12, iron, Vit D….. but im sure you can figure it out or get a blood test for nutrients only.
    Blood tests just for vitamins shouldnt be too overwhelming.

I have low blood pressure too.

stovariste

thanks for feedback. I am also planning probiotic, and I ordered some from iHerb and from Canada which I am awaiting to arrive. Which probiotic are you using?

I am not using it currently, I am not using anything :-). I was using now foods brand. $11.xx for 60 capsules, 5 billion count.

stovariste

Vegan Catlady;53221 wrote: Low blood pressure can be a specific vitamin deficiency.

cut

Normally doctors dont treat low pressure, since it is not life dangerous. MD told me, your body is saving you for old days, as normally low pressure people live longer. I told her, whats the point of long living with low quality of life :-).

What do you do for your low pressure problem, and what are your major symptoms?

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

stovariste;53223 wrote:

Low blood pressure can be a specific vitamin deficiency.

cut

Normally doctors dont treat low pressure, since it is not life dangerous. MD told me, your body is saving you for old days, as normally low pressure people live longer. I told her, whats the point of long living with low quality of life :-).

What do you do for your low pressure problem, and what are your major symptoms?

I have no symptoms of low blood pressure,but im told im just much lower than average 🙂

I did find it interesting however that after my blood panel was done, I was VERY low in vitamin D and my iron was a bit low.
    So all I take right now is Vit D,iron, and biotin (which I read feeds yeast in a way, but keeps it in yeast form and inhibits the fungal form).

Remember too that if your found to be deficient in any vitamin/mineral, it affects the over-all balance and will depress the immune system (which is helping to kick out our candida overgrowth). Many people have issues with their copper/zinc balance.
    That will screw with overgrowth,too.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

@Jorge Why did you stop using it? I remember your post about claiming it works, and then you said its not helping you. Maybe you had to reintroduce food slowly like I am?

First, thanks for your post.! I would like that you come back after some more months and report how you feel. Anyway, I was the person who pushed S. Boulardii in this forum. Curiously, at first, it was mostly ignored. One of the reasons was Mr. Able who had a personal agenda with his posts.
    After some time, there have been more and more success stories linked to S. Boulardii. I am glad this is happening because I only do it to help those suffering. I haven’t any doubt that S. Boulardii is the solution for many people. Not doubt at all. !

Answering your question, I stopped using it because I needed to take systemic antifungals ( Ketoconazole) for some time. I have been dealing with an intracellular penile candidiasis that has been terrible to cure. Thanks God, all I have done eradicated it, at least 95%.

As you probably know, you can not take S. Boulardii with antifungals. I am planning to take it for at least 6 months after I finish with an antifungal protocol I am following now.

S. Boulardii is necessary to eliminate the residual infection and to facilitate the normal bacterial flora regrowth. Sure, every single one suffering this syndrome should take S. Boulardii at some point of the treatment. The exceptions are those with allergic to it.

Good Luck and thank for your testimony. Come back to report ahead, please do it.!

Jorge.

fireman22
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 12

I’m currently using garden of life raw probiotics for men. Has 31 different strains and 85 billion count. I want to keep on trying out different ones and see if it makes a difference.

I’ve also been drinking either ACV mixed with water or nettle tea every other night or so.

Katemate3
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 48

Glad to hear of positive results for SB. I’m certain I will use it.

Is it better to do SB first, then the antifungals, or the other way around?

stovariste

dvjorge;53232 wrote: @Jorge Why did you stop using it? I remember your post about claiming it works, and then you said its not helping you. Maybe you had to reintroduce food slowly like I am?

First, thanks for your post.! I would like that you come back after some more months and report how you feel. Anyway, I was the person who pushed S. Boulardii in this forum. Curiously, at first, it was mostly ignored. One of the reasons was Mr. Able who had a personal agenda with his posts.
    After some time, there have been more and more success stories linked to S. Boulardii. I am glad this is happening because I only do it to help those suffering. I haven’t any doubt that S. Boulardii is the solution for many people. Not doubt at all. !

Answering your question, I stopped using it because I needed to take systemic antifungals ( Ketoconazole) for some time. I have been dealing with an intracellular penile candidiasis that has been terrible to cure. Thanks God, all I have done eradicated it, at least 95%.

As you probably know, you can not take S. Boulardii with antifungals. I am planning to take it for at least 6 months after I finish with an antifungal protocol I am following now.

S. Boulardii is necessary to eliminate the residual infection and to facilitate the normal bacterial flora regrowth. Sure, every single one suffering this syndrome should take S. Boulardii at some point of the treatment. The exceptions are those with allergic to it.

Good Luck and thank for your testimony. Come back to report ahead, please do it.!
    Jorge.

Thanks for clarification, I though you stopped it because it did not work.
    I will update because others needs directions, at least once more when I (With Gods Help!!) am finally able to say I am cured completely.

Should not some cream help with penile candidasis?

Anyway, forgot to mention… like you once (maybe year ago) explained to someone on why are we not sick while we are facing yeasts overgrowth, I was really healthy for years (practically I was never sick in 10 years) until I realized I have candida problem and try to heal it. Then I was suddenly pretty much sensitive and would get sick too often. Especially in late stages of my fight, and during boulardii I was sick 3 times in 45 days… Now, I have no problem anymore. Maybe this Honey is helping as well.

Regarding Able, he actually told me that Boulardii might help me, since I was in mail contact with him after the incident in forum. I believe he made this forum reach this level with his advices, not to mention that he actually helped many…

anyway, thanks for answering, and yes, I will post again for sake of everyone’s health 🙂

stovariste

Katemate3;53244 wrote: Glad to hear of positive results for SB. I’m certain I will use it.

Is it better to do SB first, then the antifungals, or the other way around?

My way was diet + antifungals for year and I reached 70-80% success with it. I am using boulardii as a final punch. I hardly used RX antifungals, except maybe for 20 days with small dosage, since I had terrible reaction to it in beginning so I tried them in late stages when I had no more reactions.

You might address your question to Jorge, he is more in that area.

Keya
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 68

Hi stovariste, I would like to contact you because I see we are from the same region and I’m planning to start SB soon, how to make a contact now when there’s no PM anymore? 🙂

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

Jorge, Do you get better results with ketoconazole than fluconazole?

Do you experience stronger side effects with ketoconazole ?

What kind of side effects do you experience with ketoconazole?

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

jameskep;53297 wrote: Jorge, Do you get better results with ketoconazole than fluconazole?

Do you experience stronger side effects with ketoconazole ?

What kind of side effects do you experience with ketoconazole?

James,

I have gotten better results with Ketoconazole. Ketoconazole is effective on some strains that are resistant to Fluconazole.

I have tolerated it very well. No huge side effects but I check my liver every 21 days when I use it. I took 400 mg and even 600 mg some days without any problem at all. It was Ketoconazole that eliminated my residual intracellular penile infection.

Jorge.

stovariste

Keya;53249 wrote: Hi stovariste, I would like to contact you because I see we are from the same region and I’m planning to start SB soon, how to make a contact now when there’s no PM anymore? 🙂

hey Keya, yes I am your “susjed” 🙂 …. write here your email, and I will write you back…
    s.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘3 Months Boulardii update (And one question)’ is closed to new replies.