25-years+ with candida Help please!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions 25-years+ with candida Help please!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Yofi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

I’d like to describe where I am and have been re:candida in case there may be some specific input for me.

I was diagnosed in the late 80’s—a doctor looked at my blood under a microscope and commented he’d never seen a candida infestation of such magnitude. I also had food allergies tested at the same time and it came back essentially allergic to EVERYTHING except black pepper! This report overwhelmed me to the point of putting my head in the sand. Whatever efforts I’ve made in these past many years, they were pretty lightweight in comparison to the protocol you’ve provided.

I’ve lived overseas for many years and likely have parasites along with the candida. In 1995, I was clinically diagnosed (using spinal fluid)with multiple sclerosis. My progression w/MS has not manifested along lines I seeas “typical” MS (though there are overlaps). Most of my problems have been as follows (good improvements since beginning cleanse):

-neurological = numbness in feet, tremors in hands, blurred vision, significant memory problems
    -cognitive decline-can’t think through the fog. Feels like I’ve been living inside a cellophane wrapper.
    -fatigue-have spent days/weeks not leaving the house and often in bed.
    -presently fighting a vaginal yeast infection
    -thrush noted down the center of my tongue (improved since cleanse)
    -DEPRESSION-to the point of serious debilitation and suicidal thinking (essentially gone since cleanse)
    -ANXIETY-equally debilitating. Ability to function in almost every area has been hugely compromised. (Mostly gone since cleanse).
    -chronic constipation
    -chronic insomnia

NOW: I am 6 days into the forum cleanse. This was preceded by 30 days on the general diet (only just found the site). Mistakes I’ve made on the cleanse have been: eating leeks and an avocado. Stir-fry cooking. I take a multi-vitamin that provides 75mcg molybdenum. I know this is insufficient, but did not want to stop. I am expecting the proper supplement to arrive on Monday (my 1 week mark). How many times/day am I supposed to drink the bentonite and chia seed detox? I could not find the bentonite powder and am using a liquid product that is premixed with purified water.

I think much of my die-off occurred during my 30-day restricted diet previous to the cleanse. But I have had 2 reactions of concern:

1) I’ve had cramps in my legs at night for 3 nights, but of decreasing intensity. Using a sports massager on the muscles prior to sleep seems to have helped. I’m adding a bit of exercise (walking 30 min), but my energy is limited and my strength is poor due to this protracted decline.

2) On the 4th day of the cleanse, I woke up with white circles around my eyes like the inverse of a raccoon. It resolved by evening and did not recur, but still has a light appearance at times.

On day 3 of the cleanse, I felt like a million bucks! with loads of energy and clear thinking. This did not sustain, however.

My tremors have disappeared and the numbness improved up until the muscle spasm which seems to have brought on a setback. But overall, energy is still considerably better as is my thinking and general functioning.

The yeast infection was treated (not full recovery)with prescription cream and then maintained a frequent douche with apple cider vinegar (organic/w mother). Still wondering what to do about it. Not sure if I should use the diflucan or just keep playing things out as I am.

I’d like to know why you don’t advocate multi-vits/minerals. I’m careful to use a super clean/organic product, but please tell me what else I should be considering.

I’ve gotten off of 3 prescription drugs, but haven’t been able to give up xanax 1mg for sleep.

Constipation has improved, but is still not functioning properly. Should I do an enema on days that I can’t go? Today is the 1st day of the cleanse that seems blocked to that extent.

I’m thinking of limiting the cleanse to 1 week. Would this be ok?

Any input gratefully welcome!

Yofi

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

Yofi wrote:
    The yeast infection was treated (not full recovery)with prescription cream and then maintained a frequent douche with apple cider vinegar (organic/w mother). Still wondering what to do about it. Not sure if I should use the diflucan or just keep playing things out as I am.

Constipation has improved, but is still not functioning properly. Should I do an enema on days that I can’t go? Today is the 1st day of the cleanse that seems blocked to that extent.

Chronic vaginal yeast infections is a typical sign of candidiasis, which is located in the colon. Topical treatment will only supress the symptoms but will not cure you. I wouldnt use enema’s as a tool to clear constipation since your gut can get lazy, but I would use it as a method to cure candida. There are different substances you can use for the enema’s, one such method I have described in my topic in general discussion.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Check out the protocol we developed on the forum…I will read your post sometime soon when I have more time, but if you feel that you have candida, here is a good way to recover from it.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

-raster

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Chris24 wrote:

Chronic vaginal yeast infections is a typical sign of candidiasis, which is located in the colon. Topical treatment will only supress the symptoms but will not cure you. I wouldnt use enema’s as a tool to clear constipation since your gut can get lazy, but I would use it as a method to cure candida. There are different substances you can use for the enema’s, one such method I have described in my topic in general discussion.

Chris
    I am glad you have learned what this syndrome is about. We need to spread the knowledge to avoid suffering.
    Chronic unresponsive vaginal candidiasis is consequence of a loaded immune system and a suppressed cell-mediated immunity. Most of times, this is caused by the presence of fungal colonies in the colon. Correcting it, allows the immune system to recover its proper balance and the vaginal candidiasis responds to regular therapies.
    This is in fact what means Candida Related Complex.

Jorge.

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

dvjorge wrote:

Chris
    I am glad you have learned what this syndrome is about. We need to spread the knowledge to avoid suffering.
    Chronic unresponsive vaginal candidiasis is consequence of a loaded immune system and a suppressed cell-mediated immunity. Most of times, this is caused by the presence of fungal colonies in the colon. Correcting it, allows the immune system to recover its proper balance and the vaginal candidiasis responds to regular therapies.
    This is in fact what means Candida Related Complex.

Jorge.

Exactly, this is what I am experiencing right now. I feel like we were doing it wrong all this time with a starvation protocol like you see on so many websites – including this one – and people are suffering needlessly and wasting money on probiotics and supplements that dont work effectively because at least with severe cases the overgrowth base holds on in the colon. I have done it too, all the needless money wasting on this and that thats all supposed to cure me. Sure, it improves your health, but its not effective against deep seated candida. It doesnt work for severe cases, and with other cases its a slow grinding road, which is often prolonged because the strict diet is near impossible for a lot of people to follow for a long time. As soon as we hit the base of the candida in the colon hard with an antifungal or antipathogen substance, we’ll see major symptom improvement in a very short time.

Yofi

Chris24 wrote: Chronic vaginal yeast infections is a typical sign of candidiasis, which is located in the colon. Topical treatment will only supress the symptoms but will not cure you. I wouldnt use enema’s as a tool to clear constipation since your gut can get lazy, but I would use it as a method to cure candida. There are different substances you can use for the enema’s, one such method I have described in my topic in general discussion.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for bringing up the subject of chlorine dioxide. I’m looking into it and will likely try it. Wondering if anyone else on the forum has also had experience using it???

Have a great vacation!

Faith
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 87

Hi Yofi,

I too have been struggling with yeast infections for a long time. Thankfully they are getting better and better! My OB told me I could use Hydrogen Peroxide mixed with water. I’ve heard of the apple cider vinegar, but never tried it. The HP works well for me. I usually only have to do it once or twice.

I know there are supplements they recommend for constipation on this forum, just do a quick search with Raster or Able, and you should be able to find it.

Also, are you taking Swedish Bitters yet? This really seems to help get things moving, if you can take some after each meal.

Well, I hope you will be feeling better soon! This forum has been a life changer for me, after these months on the strict diet, my life is MUCH better! 😉 Yay!!!

Yofi

Faith wrote: Hi Yofi,

I too have been struggling with yeast infections for a long time. Thankfully they are getting better and better! My OB told me I could use Hydrogen Peroxide mixed with water. I’ve heard of the apple cider vinegar, but never tried it. The HP works well for me. I usually only have to do it once or twice.

I know there are supplements they recommend for constipation on this forum, just do a quick search with Raster or Able, and you should be able to find it.

Also, are you taking Swedish Bitters yet? This really seems to help get things moving, if you can take some after each meal.

Thanks so much for the encouragement, Faith! Do you use the hydrogen peroxide as a douche or take it orally?

I’m waiting for an order to arrive on Monday, so haven’t started the Swedish bitters yet. Hope it helps! The warm water 1st thing in the morning has made a difference.

Faith
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 87

Yes, as a douche. About 2 to 3 T of HP, the rest water. Yes, I think the SB will make a big difference! Woo Hoo!! I’m excited for you! Are you making your own Kefir yet? How about the Coconut Oil, are you taking that? Hope so, I think these things plus my probiotics have also been a big help!

Yofi

Faith wrote: Yes, as a douche. About 2 to 3 T of HP, the rest water. Yes, I think the SB will make a big difference! Woo Hoo!! I’m excited for you! Are you making your own Kefir yet? How about the Coconut Oil, are you taking that? Hope so, I think these things plus my probiotics have also been a big help!

Can’t wait to put the coconut oil back in-finishing the strict forum cleanse after today! 😀
    Haven’t tried making kefir (never had it either). Will try it out this week. There’s just so much to learn re: how to do this…! Hopefully, I’ll be properly stocked and get the hang of it soon. Anything other than veggies will be like manna from heaven right now!!! Tomorrow I will go on the regular diet—counting the minutes…

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello yofi,

It sounds like you’ve got it pretty bad. Plan on a long term recovery that can take as long as 6-18 months. If you want to cure or reverse your vaginal woes…you need to reverse the flora within the body in order for you to see results.

We don’t recommend multivitamins because they often do not contain 100% daily values of what you need. For instance it might only contain 25% calcium when you need 100% daily value.

I’ve got a great replacement for xanax if you are ready…its called PS-100 and heals your inner neuro membrane which controls your sleep and mental function. Its a wonder supplement for me…

-raster

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘25-years+ with candida Help please!’ is closed to new replies.