2 Months In

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions 2 Months In

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

landfillheart
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 8

So I’ve been following the strict diet religiously for 2 months now. I’m still not sure if candida is the cause of my problems but I have experienced what appeared to be die-off but may have just been a reaction to the lack the of carbs and sugar. My hypoglycemic symptoms have gone away but the persistent brainfog is still plaguing me. Perhaps it just needs more time? I’m happy I’ve gotten this far, and I really hope I see an improvement in my brainfog soon, as it is still worse than it was before I started the diet. I hate to show any lack of faith in the diet as I really do want to continue it for awhile, but what would be an adequate amount of time on the diet with no improvement to conclude that candida is not my problem and start looking elsewhere for a solution? Again, I have not decided to give up or cease the diet, I just want to find a solution to my symptoms and it may not be candida.

Thanks in advance!

landfillheart

I also wanted to add the a big reason for my question is the fact that I am a pianist. Before the diet my brain fog would incapacitate me to the point where playing became impossible a few times a week, but since starting the diet I haven’t really been able to play at all which is extremely frustrating. Anyone who plays an instrument can sympathize with me:). I have no problem staying on the diet as long as it makes sense and there is still a possibility that it is candida but I am not extremely well-versed on a timeline as it seems to vary greatly for each person.
    Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Positivo
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 246

Hey landfillheart

Nice job making it this far. I’m only 6 weeks in and I feel your frustration. These symptoms really make it difficult to go about my day but just stay positve and give it more time. I mean this morning I had like 7 bowel movements before I could leave my house to play some basket ball and the park had no bathroom but I knew I had to control myself and focus on what I wanted to do, which was play in this beautiful weather and enjoy the air and exercise. I don’t have much experience here but just keep fighting and stay positive. Try your hardest to focus on your goals. Its great that you play an instrument cuz I can’t. I don’t have that skill/talent. I would say use it as your driving force but If candida is your problem keep going forward with the diet if you feel you can, because it does take a lot of time unfortunately. I hope this helped you in any way.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

It is possible that you are either going through die-off or your diet is not proper in terms of food requirements and/or supplements (meaning vitamin/mineral).

What are you currently taking?

What are you doing to help with the die-off? If it is die-off that means that you have too much toxins in your body. Are you taking molybdenum? Milk Thistle? Anything else? Does soaking in hot tub help? Sauna?

I think that this is an important stuff in determining if you are going through die-off, which would mean that your treatment is working, or something else is at play.

I don’t remember reading what your symptoms were before the treatment? Any of those gotten better since on the treatment?

Arijana

landfillheart

It is possible that you are either going through die-off or your diet is not proper in terms of food requirements and/or supplements (meaning vitamin/mineral).

I eat pretty much only the approved vegetables and chicken. And very occasionally some red meat.

What are you currently taking?

I take molybdenum three times a day, Swedish bitters before each meal, milk thistle, vitamin D, probiotics (20 billion count), Vitamin C (4g a day)

don’t remember reading what your symptoms were before the treatment? Any of those gotten better since on the treatment?

The main one was the fatigue and brainfog which has gotten worse since the treatment.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

landfillheart wrote:
    I eat pretty much only the approved vegetables and chicken. And very occasionally some red meat.

Are you following the protocol or web site’s diet?

Eating to much chicken and meat can prolong your healing due to amonia release while digesting it. If you could reduce it and rely more on eggs for protein, perhaps it would get better sooner.

landfillheart wrote: I take molybdenum three times a day, Swedish bitters before each meal, milk thistle, vitamin D, probiotics (20 billion count), Vitamin C (4g a day)

Perhaps you could add some of the other vitamins/minerals listed in the following post: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1173_Vitamins-Minerals-Herbs.aspx I only say this because this illness kicked me hard and started getting much better once I added all of the suggested vitamins/minerals (E, A+D3, calc/mag/zinc, biotin etc.) They give you strength to fight this and fill in any gaps.

landfillheart wrote: The main one was the fatigue and brainfog which has gotten worse since the treatment.

My personal experience was that if I mess up my diet the symptoms come back ever worse than they were before the treatment. For example, I introduced Greek yoghurt, had no reactions, but my symptoms came back in about a week. So recheck your diet and see if you are eating anything that could be feeding candida. If you are then you are stuck in an infinite loop, you keep feeding and killing candida.

I am writing this, some from reading posts here and some from my own experience. I hope you figure it out soon and get much better!

Arijana

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you can sweat out the toxins via a steam room, sauna, hot tub, etc…this will help your bodies largest organ (the skin) release the toxins from the body. This can reduce or completely elminiate die off symptoms such as brain fog.

-raster

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘2 Months In’ is closed to new replies.