2 batches of yogurt and not green stuff yet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions 2 batches of yogurt and not green stuff yet

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Munoz 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Munoz
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 32

Hi everyone, I am into the yogurt making, but the first one came out too thin, the second one has a good consistency but none of them have the green thing some people talk about, I’ve added 1 tbsp of sugar the way the recipe calls for, but I am afraid my yogurt is not well done and I am ending up eating all this sugar. Some one can help me? it is still good if the greenish thing is not there?

the second try I had my termomether to make sure of the temperatures.

Thanks a lot

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Munoz, what are you using to make your yogurt? Brand names will help.

Able

Munoz

Hi Able, I am using 2% organic milk, 1 table spoon of sugar and “Yogourmet” freeze dried yogurt starter, i got it in whole foods,I am using the 2 pots and checking temperatures with termomether. I followed all the steps in your recipe. The second batch i liked the consistency, and had the whey.

My concern is: if not greenish stuff, it does not have the probiotic? is just milk and sugar? do you know?

Thanks a lot

Able900
    Spectator

Munoz, I’ve never used that brand, so I’m not familiar with it. Will you type the exact statement or instructions where the information says that it should have a greenish color to it?

Thanks, Able

Munoz

Hi Able, I went and read the link that you posted in the homemade yogurt, is a the very end (Wikihow/homemade yogurt)and if you check in the step #7 second paragrah it says. And I read it in You Tube as well. I guess not everybody get that.

Able900
    Spectator

Hi, Munoz.

Sorry, I didn’t remember the “green” part of the instructions as I’ve never experienced that when I make yogurt.

The actual quote reads, “possibly some greenish liquid on top” which of course means that you may also “not” see the greenish liquid. What I normally see, after a day or so, is a yellowish liquid which is just the whey rising to the top of the yogurt, so don’t let either color worry you.

If you used the correct temperature and time, and the yogurt thickened sufficiently with the second batch, then I’m fairly certain that it was fine.

Able

Munoz

Thanks Able, you are so kind.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘2 batches of yogurt and not green stuff yet’ is closed to new replies.