18 Years Old, and Need Help with Starting the Diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice 18 Years Old, and Need Help with Starting the Diet

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

alexquinn
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 1

Hi, so I’m 18, in my last year of highschool, and I’ve been feeling sick for months now. I really think it’s Candida overgrowth, and I’m starting this diet to get rid of it, but I really need some advice on how to start the diet, and I just want to voice some general concerns and worries that I have with it.

Ok, so my issue is this, I’m starting this “cleanse”/diet and I’m finding it darn near impossible to do. I’m a runner, weighing about 150 pounds of lean muscle, and I’m not trying to toot horns hear but I literally have no fat to spare/burn while starving myself for two weeks. Not to mention, that my super fast metabolism and lifestyle has always demanded eating huge amounts of food (I’ve stopped running for the time being until I get better, though I’m still super hungry). The cleanse calls for no carbs, that seems ludicrous! I will die on no carbs. I already feel ravished after doing it for 2 days. Have you all done the cleanse or do most people skip it?

Then, when I move into “Step 1,” that calls for little to no carbs. Do you manage to do that or do you just pig out on whole-grain rice?

I’m sure this is just a noob rant/complaint but man, help me out please.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Unfortunately, Candida lives on sugar and carbohydrates which includes all whole grains such as rice and even brown rice. If you have to have a certain amount of carbs in your diet, all you can do is perhaps take loads of antifungals and powerful probiotics plus kefir in the hope of stopping the growth.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

We don’t eat rice on the diet…it isn’t allowed. If you alternate between red/black rice and buckwheat, you might be OK, but you cant eat it every day or the candida will adapt to your diet.

-Raster

alexquinn
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 1

It said brown rice was ok? on the “foods to eat” page. Or does that just mean in moderation? I’m confused.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Do not refer to the website and refer to our suggestions in the protocol:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

There you can find an allowed foods list that you should follow for your diet. Rice is not in this list because it contains starch and small amounts of sugar.

The main website has OK information, but we have better information in our opinion. The website has many errors or outdated information.

-Raster

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘18 Years Old, and Need Help with Starting the Diet’ is closed to new replies.