14 hour shifts, the strict diet, and eggs

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions 14 hour shifts, the strict diet, and eggs

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Jo*Jo 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Jo*Jo
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 242

I started the detox yesterday which I will do until Saturday (ie 5 days). On Sunday I return to work after a week off so I’ll begin the strict diet. I work random pre scheduled shifts and most of them are 8.5 hours long but night shifts which are about once a week, are 14 hours long, ie double shifts.

Normally on night shifts I take extra food and fruit to get me through and I’m concerned about how I’m gonna get through it on the strict diet. I have one coming up next week, a few days after I will have started it.

I dont want to have eggs while on this detox so I’m planning to introduce eggs as the change from moving from the detox to the diet in the first week and this includes the night shift. How many could I have in one day? I understand its as many as i need, but what is acceptable? as i’d have to prepare a certain amount to take with me.

Any suggestions, advice etc?

Candidalita
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

I don’t have an answer for you but I’m facing a similar problem. I work 9-5 and on Thursday evenings I have graduate classes from 5:30-8:30 and I too am wondering what I can eat during that time as a snack or whatever to tide me over. I’m thinking about bringing some hard boiled eggs, no more than 2 and a little salt and pepper to tide me over. I think it might work, but I will wait to hear what others say.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Make salads and put into tupperware. When you can eat the bread, I would bring some bread with you to snack on (with some coconut oil). Brainstorm some snacks you can have so that you aren’t completely starving while at work.

-raster

Positivo
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 246

You can cook cream of buckwheat at home and microwave it at work. I don’t like to microwave but its better than starving.

sammcl
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 151

Positivo wrote: You can cook cream of buckwheat at home and microwave it at work. I don’t like to microwave but its better than starving.

You could even cook it straight into the microwave, I don’t think it tastes half bad and it is quick and easy.

Especially for me when I have to be in the office somedays by 7am. I can cook it in the office… easy.

Jo*Jo

Can I have cream of buckwheat on the first week of the strict diet??

Thanks for the replies. Its just the first week where i’m still pretty much just on veggies that bothers me when I’m back at work.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

If you want to stick to veggies only, then the only option you have left is prepare your food day before, put it into little topper-wear dishes and take with you. Besides salad, you can cook your veggies and take them. If you saute veggies in olive oil with some spices you should be able to eat it hot or cold. If you have access to microwave to heat it up even better, I learned to eat my food cold.

Try making chips out of veggies (there are kale chips somewhere in the recipe section, but you can make it out of almost any other approved vegetable). That would be a good snack to keep you busy at work.

Once you introduce eggs, besides obvious hard-boiled eggs, you can also make vegetable/egg omlettes such as zucchini or spinach and those travel very well, even taste very decently cold IMO (FYI spinach should not be reheated after initial cooking).

Once you introduce oat bran, you can soak it over night, cook it in microwave few minutes and pack in topper-wear dish to take with you. I make it out of three to four tablespoons of oat bran, eat half for breakfast and half during the day as a snack. This is a great snack for me to keep me full. I didn’t make it today and I have hard time getting through my day, especially since I had just a salad for lunch. I have one more hard-boiled egg and a slice of my oat bran/buckwheat bread left so hopefully I make it til the end of the work day 🙂

Good luck!

Arijana

Jo*Jo

Thanks Orka thats really helpful. I’m looking forward to the omelettes!

Quoting Able from elsewhere: Organic eggs
    These can be started during the first week of the diet and should be your main source of protein while on the diet if possible.

So eggs (plus plenty of allowed veg) are gonna be what will get me through that first night shift on day 5/6 of my first week on the strict diet. How many eggs are ok to have in one day? Should I introduce them slowly? or on the first day of the strict diet could I have 3 for breakfast? (for example)

Positivo
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 246

Jo*Jo wrote: Can I have cream of buckwheat on the first week of the strict diet??

Thanks for the replies. Its just the first week where i’m still pretty much just on veggies that bothers me when I’m back at work.

No cream of buckwheat should be introduced a couple weeks into the diet. Definitely not week 1 and the same goes for oatbran I believe. Just follow the protocol. Kale chips are a cool idea as well. I never tried it myself but it’s something that could help you. I’m not too experienced with snacks. I just eat like 4 meals a day. If u like avocados you can make guacamole with onions garlic salt lemon juice or just eat the avocados alone. That might help.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Jo*Jo wrote: Can I have cream of buckwheat on the first week of the strict diet??

Jo, which diet will you be following, the website’s or the stricter diet?

Able

Jo*Jo

Your diet, the strict one.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘14 hour shifts, the strict diet, and eggs’ is closed to new replies.