120 Days!

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  thudzina 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

I’ve been taking a break from the forum lately, because I feel pretty secure in what I’m doing — and because I have the energy to be doing things other than staring at my computer!

I’m feeling really good these days. All of my major symptoms — fatigue, brain fog, apathy, mood swings, irritability, “stagnant blood” feeling, sluggish digestion, overly soft bowel movements, insatiable cravings/hunger, tinea versicolor, occasional acne, gnarly PMS/menstrual pain, uncharacteristically low libido, itchy eyes, inability to lose weight, headaches — have improved significantly, and some have disappeared altogether. The only things I’m still dealing with currently are tinea versicolor, a bit of acne, some fairly mild menstrual pain, and a bit of an issue with project focus (although with my leisurely work schedule and hippie lifestyle, it’s hard to tell what’s habit and what’s candida, haha). I also have to limit my activity somewhat to keep myself from getting overly tired, but as an introvert, that’s a good habit to be in, anyway. After losing 18 pounds during the first two weeks of the cleanse, I maintained (and slightly regained) weight until about 3-4 weeks ago, and I’m down another 4 or 5 pounds in that time. I haven’t made my weight a priority during my treatment, because honestly, there are more important things, but it’s been interesting to know that other people are eating two or three times as much as I have been — and have been losing weight — while I’ve maintained weight. So it goes!

Things I’ve learned:
    -it gets easier
    -to take things one day/hour/meal at a time
    -to observe my feelings when I watch people eat things I currently don’t eat without getting upset (usually!)
    -if I’m feeling ambivalent about being hungry, I’m probably hungry
    -how to be at parties sober again
    -not all coconut manna/butter brands are created equal
    -too much gf oat bran/buckwheat make me feel gross
    -how to make fluffy pancakes
    -yogurt is trying to kill me
    -I can’t seem to burn myself out on asparagus

That’s pretty much it. Hooray four months!!

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

Right on! And congrats on four months!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

shayfo;41381 wrote: I’m feeling really good these days. All of my major symptoms — fatigue, brain fog, apathy, mood swings, irritability, “stagnant blood” feeling, sluggish digestion, overly soft bowel movements, insatiable cravings/hunger, tinea versicolor, occasional acne, gnarly PMS/menstrual pain, uncharacteristically low libido, itchy eyes, inability to lose weight, headaches — have improved significantly, and some have disappeared altogether.

Things I’ve learned:
    -it gets easier
    -to take things one day/hour/meal at a time
    -to observe my feelings when I watch people eat things I currently don’t eat without getting upset (usually!)
    -if I’m feeling ambivalent about being hungry, I’m probably hungry
    -how to be at parties sober again
    -not all coconut manna/butter brands are created equal
    -too much gf oat bran/buckwheat make me feel gross
    -how to make fluffy pancakes
    -yogurt is trying to kill me
    -I can’t seem to burn myself out on asparagus

Hi, Sharon. Thanks a lot for the update, and it’s definitely a very positive move ‘up’ from where you were 120 days ago.

By the way, I love your list of things you’ve learned.

I think a lot of us, once we’ve grown use to a ‘healthy’ way of eating our meals, also observe other people eating their food choices with various feelings. I find myself often thinking, “God, they have no idea …” Then inevitably add to the thought with, “And they don’t even wanna know.”

I hate that the Greek yogurt is still “trying to kill” you but you’re not alone in this as it seems to bother quite a few people throughout the treatment; my guess is because it’s commercially made, and we’re never really certain if the claims on the label are fact or fiction.

Congratulations,
    Sean

shayfo

I haven’t tried Greek yogurt again since our initial run-in, but even the trace amounts of dairy in my coconut milk kefir (from brewing regular kefir for a friend to refresh my grains) was making me feel bad for a while, so I’m avoiding all dairy currently…which is fine, since I’m not a baby cow. Goat doesn’t seem to be as problematic, and I’ve been considering giving that another shot. We’ll see. I’m not a baby goat, either, but I guess I could pretend.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

shayfo;41562 wrote: I haven’t tried Greek yogurt again since our initial run-in, but even the trace amounts of dairy in my coconut milk kefir (from brewing regular kefir for a friend to refresh my grains) was making me feel bad for a while, so I’m avoiding all dairy currently…which is fine, since I’m not a baby cow. Goat doesn’t seem to be as problematic, and I’ve been considering giving that another shot. We’ll see. I’m not a baby goat, either, but I guess I could pretend.

You pretending to be a baby goat = adorbs. *maaaaaaaah*

shayfo

am i doing a good job?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

You look exactly as I pictured you, Shay. Only difference being I always thought you’d be wearing a necklace for some reason.

shayfo

I tucked it into my turtleneck sweater to appear more baby-goat-like. Goats don’t wear necklaces, silly.

alexalgebra

Needs moar glittar.

shayfo

alexalgebra

spitting image of you!

thudzina
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Thank you this was an encouraging post. I have been on the diet and several natural health tablets for about 45 days. I have good and bad weeks. My weight has dropped quite a but goes up and down small amounts but mostly losing weight. On good weeks I feel amazing so this is all worth it. Symptoms have been sinus lower abdominal pain and lower back pain flu like feeling brain fog although they happen at different times not all at once symptoms seem to rotate depending on the week. I am gradually feeling better. Sometimes the weight loss concerns me although I am at what they say is in my optimum weight range for once in years but I keep losing weight. Have you experienced this and what can I eat to gain weight? Will the weight eventually stabilize?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘120 Days!’ is closed to new replies.