12 months in – please check my regimen.. reporting back :)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions 12 months in – please check my regimen.. reporting back :)

This topic contains 67 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

SF722 should be available next week, so I would look then. You can try out phytostan in the meantime if you wanted to.

If you are getting frustrated, I feel you, and in my opinion it may be best to get professional advice that is much more expensive. A good naturopath will help you get your liver healed, remove the toxins from your gut/body, and heal your vaginal woes all at once.

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Jo*Jo;40646 wrote: Able, Is there an alternative to Yucca root that i could take instead?…

Phytostan – looks like I can get hold of this. Should I?

*please forget the question about S Boulardii

Jo, since you’re trying to rebuild the flora in the intestines, I’d be very worried about you taking the Phytostan. It contains grapefruit seed extract which is a very strong antibacterial substance and can destroy the flora you’re trying to hard to reestablish.
    And personally, I wouldn’t want to take any supplement with the ingredient “food glaze” on the label. This is a substance usually used in prescription drugs and sometimes in nutritional supplements as a coating for tablets and capsules. It’s used to improve the appearance of the product, extend shelf life, and provide a solid finishing film for preprint coatings (whatever that means). It’s also used to mask unpleasant odors of specific substances. The ingredients of “food glaze” could be any number of substances but it’s ‘usually’ alcohol based.

I don’t thank that you should try to eat commercially made yogurt, even the Greek form. What happened with the water kefir?

Can you purchase Jerusalem artichokes in your area? If so, eating these every day would replace yucca root very well. If you don’t have this specific type, regular artichokes are also a good prebiotic. Chicory root capsules as well as 100% chicory root coffee also work well as a prebiotic.

No need to ask for forgiveness as far as asking about S. Boulardii. I see no problem with using this probiotic under normal circumstances. The only reason I question its use is when the user has a severe leaky gut issue along with the Candida overgrowth. I’ve been trying to find more research on S. Boulardii as far as its safety record with leaky gut is concerned, and it isn’t easy to come by. However, I did find the following.

“S. boulardii has been used as a probiotic in Europe for more than 60 years and has been the subject of numerous clinical trials. The safety record is excellent. Extremely rare cases of overgrowth have been reported, but only in patients with serious comorbidities and/or central venous catheters.”

And I think we may have talked about this before, but I can’t find any solid research on S. boulardii being used directly for the treatment of leaky gut syndrome; not saying that it doesn’t exist, only that I haven’t found it yet.

Jorge seems to be the local expert on S. boulardii, and he wrote the following:

“S. Boulardii translocation is very rare according to what I have read. There are probably some insulated cases of severe immune suppression where S. Boulardii has reached the blood.”

S. boulardii may be exactly what you need, Jo, but since I can’t tell you that it’s completely safe when used with a severe leaky gut, I can’t advise you to take it. I hope you understand.

Able

Keya
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 68

Jo*Jo;41468 wrote: A year ago today I began the cleanse followed by the strict diet. I’m still not much further forward and getting frustrated now. I’m eating a variety of green veg 3 times a day, blending them to make smoothies with oatbran and hemp. I have coconut/buckwheat/hemp/oatbran bread, buckwheat crispbreads, buckwheat noodles, buckwheat groats, sauerkraut, chicken, eggs, salmon, cooking with olive oil, 16 tsp coconut oil per day, 200 cfu’s megaflora, 4000mg vit c, licorice root teas, milk thistle..

I’m fed up. Sex is still possible (something that wasnt for years) and with the blending my perioral dermatitis has improved but my tongue is worse and discharge is back.

I still really believe that my body would be better if I could tollerate kefir and could get hold of SF722 again.

Phytostan – looks like I can get hold of this. Should I?

Hi Jo*Jo, thank you for posting and sharing your experience. I’ve been 5 months on the diet and also don’t feel better and am starting to lose my mind and faith in the diet, so I can only assume how you must feel after a year. I was wondering, did you try any of the alternative methods, for example acupuncture, homeopathy, or something else? I was thinking of trying with reiki, or some other “energetical” treatment, because I think that I need some “push” along with the diet and supplements.

Jo*Jo
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 242

Thanks people. I’m going to try to see a naturopath very soon, I’m just tired of not making progress. I’ve avoided it before because I spend about £90 per month on osteopathy for my hypermobility and fibro, £200 every 5 months or so on human hair toppers because my own hair is crap, plus the £150 – 200 per month on supplements for candida. I earn a good wage but my health is crippling me.

I think the turning point was seeing my cousin who I havent seen in years. She is obese, has bad hair, is always ill having antibiotics and has had fibro 20 years. She’s a victim and is quite happy about that. I’m not. I believe my problems are because of something else and I’m fed up with trying to make symptoms better (hair, fibro) by treating them or covering them up. I never believed my androgentic alopecia diagnosis.

So with a naturopath I might finally get somewhere. I’m going to finally see someone and treat the root cause. Hopefully I’ve done most of the hard work with the cleanse and diet already. I just need some tests and a plan individual to me even if it means I stop saving to move for a while.

I tried coconut water kefir and to be honest I can’t remember the reaction, or if I even had one but I’m so scared of more reactions and ending up cutting out more food.

My reactions aren’t particularly bad compared to what I’ve read on here. Usually for me its my tongue that feels things the most, plus I’ll get a bit of fog and feel sick. Even when I cheated at christmas I didn’t feel any more than that. I think this is why I coped with candida for so long before starting the diet because I didn’t realise what was going on. I am working on a theory though that my fibro is worse when I don’t eat so well.

The worst symptom I’ve had is the perioral dermatitis and I think that came about when i went too hard with antifungals. That was about August and its only just clearing up now. Does that mean my intestines are finally getting close to whatwas before I went too hard on anti fungals? Perhaps I could begin to tolerate things again soon?

Artichokes aren’t easy to get but I can get them so I will, plus the chicory things too.

Jo*Jo

Oh and I’m wondering about adrenal fatigue too. I get exhausted for days after the slightest bit of stress and I’m not happy to just accept that as being the chronic fatigue part of fibromyalgia. I need to finally get all this crap sorted once and for all.

/long post over 🙂

Able900
    Spectator

Hi, Jo.

I’m wondering about adrenal fatigue

Adrenal fatigue is normally covered entirely by the diet and protocol. Building the adrenals for most of the past members who have managed to bring their infestation under control has taken place as the treatment heals the Candida infestation.
    At the bottom of the following post I’ve covered adrenal fatigue and the supplements, food, and herbs needed to rebuild the adrenals.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6965_Candida-and-the-Immune-System.aspx

The worst symptom I’ve had is the perioral dermatitis and I think that came about when i went too hard with antifungals. That was about August and its only just clearing up now. Does that mean my intestines are finally getting close to what was before I went too hard on anti fungals? Perhaps I could begin to tolerate things again soon?

I have no way of knowing the answer to that question, Jo, I really wish I did. As I’ve always stated, anytime we ‘test’ a food we’ve been going without, it’s going to be a gamble.

I sincerely wish you much good luck with the naturopath.

Able

Jo*Jo

Thanks for that Able.

A small update. My tongue is extra white and sore today. Yesterday I had two cups of a 100% chicory drink, and a stalk of rhubarb in the evening. I havent had rhubarb in months but I think my tongue was going this way after the second drink and before the rhubarb so i’m thinking its the chicory. It doesnt have anything nasty in it as far as i could tell. Its this one http://www.auravita.com/product/Prewetts-Organic-Instant-Chicory-Drink.NAST13417.html . I’m fine with chicory leaves so this surprises me. Obviously I’ll have to test both to confirm.

Otherwise I have emailed my story to 4 naturopaths. Two who have testimonies saying they have cured yeast infections, 1 who says they can treat candida and another one who I just liked. I also asked them the questions that Raster gave me so i’m looking forward to reading what they have to say.

Able900
    Spectator

Jo*Jo;41879 wrote: A small update. My tongue is extra white and sore today. Yesterday I had two cups of a 100% chicory drink, and a stalk of rhubarb in the evening. I havent had rhubarb in months but I think my tongue was going this way after the second drink and before the rhubarb so i’m thinking its the chicory. It doesnt have anything nasty in it as far as i could tell. Its this one http://www.auravita.com/product/Prewetts-Organic-Instant-Chicory-Drink.NAST13417.html . I’m fine with chicory leaves so this surprises me. Obviously I’ll have to test both to confirm.

Otherwise I have emailed my story to 4 naturopaths. Two who have testimonies saying they have cured yeast infections, 1 who says they can treat candida and another one who I just liked. I also asked them the questions that Raster gave me so i’m looking forward to reading what they have to say.

Hi, Jo.
    My first guess would be that the thrush was a result of the rhubarb, but you say that you believe the symptom started before you actually ate it. So in that case, there’s a possibility that the instant chicory coffee could contain some mold which in turn would have caused thrush symptoms to worsen. Any type of instant coffee is derived from the coffee beans through a manufacturing processes; the end result of course is an extract of the concentrated granules. Mold of course can take place during any type of manufacturing process.

Good luck with the naturopaths.
    Able

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘12 months in – please check my regimen.. reporting back :)’ is closed to new replies.