12 months in – please check my regimen.. reporting back :)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions 12 months in – please check my regimen.. reporting back :)

This topic contains 67 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • Author

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Jo*Jo;39419 wrote: To be honest it probably is food of the devil and could be used to make bumps in the road! Its not all that nice really. I liked it at first but now its worn off. I just add water and put it in the microwave and if you dont add enough water it could be used as wallpaper paste.

So I was right! lol

What i meant was that I wanted to check that the licorice root doesnt have to have the word chinese on it to be acceptable. And the Yucca.. no “root”. I guess both are fine..?

The licorice root doesn’t necessarily have to read “Chinese” – it’s just that this form is a bit more beneficial.

As far as the yucca root is concerned, it would be much more beneficial if you can locate the actual yucca root. For example, you don’t want the common ‘yucca leaf’ supplement.

Able

Jo*Jo
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 242

Ok I’ve ordered the licorice root and am expecting it any day. As i’m not taking it with Yucca Root, should I just take it as directed on the bottle? Also, I’ve read about taking L-Glutamine with LG. Do you think I should start on that too?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I was just about to suggest L-glutamine…this works really well to help repair the gut and does a number of things that can bring a benefit. I also know of a good leaky gut tea that supports your immune system and tastes good; its called throat coat tea (with lemon echinacea) and contains cinnamon, marshmallow, echinacea, and some other herbs that reduce inflammation and heals your mucousal membranes. I drink it whenever I get a sore throat (works wonders for this as well).

If you were to get a juicer and juice your veggies for a few days and make smoothies/drinks, this will give your gut a break and allow it to heal as well. Highly anti-inflammatory.

You can also do an anti-inflammatory diet that includes items such as fish, broccoli, pumpkin, etc.

There’s a ton of other prebiotics out there and chickory is another good one to consider.

I would also examine bitters vs. digestive enzymes; both heal the mucousal lining.

-raster

Jo*Jo

Thanks Raster. I will look into getting the tea, L Glutamine and a juicer. I’m up for anything that gives a bit of variety to my diet, even if its necessary – which it seems to be.

Developing L G has made me realise just how well I’d been feeling on the anti candida diet until recently. I have headaches every day and generally feel shitty most of the time at the moment and this is how I felt before the diet. That’s something I’d forgotten about whereas on the anti candida diet I felt good every day after the cleanse. That’s until I couldnt handle kefir anymore

Anyway how would it work doing an anti inflammatory diet whilst also trying to fight candida? I see that the two diets are similar, especially in cutting out all processed crap. But things like pumpkin and certain fruits are on the anti inflammatory diet but I would stay away from them to fight candida. Nuts and seeds too..? Or is it a case of forgetting about fighting candida at the moment and just concentrating on healing my intestines?

Plus, what if I feel a bad reaction to something on an anti inflammatory diet? Do I cut that out?

jdib
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 23

Not sure if this relates to LG and I’m not sure if any of these foods/supplements will react badly for you – but I had an ulcer 3 months ago (that I think I got from drinking Borax with water — the crap we do to try and heal – DON’T TRY IT).

Anyhow, I had an ulcer about 10 years ago (from taking plain aspirin on an empty stomach) and was on “dr medications” – took me two months to feel somewhat better. This time, I was 95%+ healed in 2 weeks doing it naturally.

What I did:

Mastic Gum in the morning
    DGL (Deglycyrhizinated Licorice) – all throughout the day
    Cool Cayenne Pepper pills – all through the day
    Digestive enzymes when I ate (HCL)
    L-Glutamine – a bunch of times a day as well
    LOADS of either Cabbage / homemade Cabbage Juice / or tons of cabbage health salad from Wegmans (made with ACV) – I got so sick of eating cabbage the smell of it would make me want to puke.
    I think cabbage has lots of Glutamine as well (idk but it worked).

Anyhow, within 2 weeks I was mostly healed and a week or two later completely healed.

At the time I just needed to take care of my stomach ( was literally keeling over in pain) before getting back to the Candida – I don’t know which are bad for Candida but I’m just relaying what healed my stomach.

Able900
    Spectator

Jo*Jo;39898 wrote: Or is it a case of forgetting about fighting candida at the moment and just concentrating on healing my intestines?

Hi, Jo.

You can’t cure a leaky gut completely until you get the Candida infestation under control first. To forget about treating the Candida overgrowth and working only on the leaky gut syndrome would be much like putting the cart before the horse; it simply won’t work. After all, the Candida boring into the intestines is what caused the leaky gut in the first place. Once the Candida population has decreased enough, you’ll be able to get a better grasp on the problem of your leaky gut.

Meanwhile, if you want to eat an anti-inflammatory diet, you can do so without adding possible Candida-problem-causing foods or fruit to your diet which would feed the Candida a hefty dose of fructose each time you ate it.

As far as nuts and seeds are concerned, hemp seed powder is on the strict diet for many reasons, one of those being, hemp seeds are a high protein food source.

Other reasons are; hemp seeds contain all 10 of the essential amino acids; amino acids provide the structure of every living cell of your body, which means that healing ‘anything’ is virtually impossible without them. There are actually books written about the healing properties of amino acids.

Hemp also contains one of the healthiest anti-inflammatory ratios of two fatty acids, which is 3:1 omega-6 to omega-3. Also, one particularly beneficial form of omega-6, which is called amma linolenic acid, is literally the direct building block of anti-inflammatory hormones.

According to research; the typical anti-inflammatory diet would consist of the following foods in descending order of importance,
    leaving fruit out of the picture, of course.

1) Green vegetables (4-5 servings a day minimum).

2) Healthy oils/fats; EVO, expeller-pressed canola oil, avocados, nuts/seeds, including walnuts, hemp seeds, flax seeds, and *coconut oil.
    *Quoted from Beyond Health News: “For the past 20 years it has been known that coconut oil has been beneficial to patients with inflammatory bowel diseases such as Crohn’s disease. Coconut oil appears to have a direct effect in suppressing inflammation and repairing tissue and it may also contribute by inhibiting harmful intestinal microorganisms which cause chronic inflammation.”

3) Wheat substitutes (wheat is actually an inflammatory food): oat bran, rice bran, *coconut flour. *Coconut flour contains 33% coconut oil which is anti-inflammatory.

4) Alaskan salmon, sardines, and Alaskan black cod.

5) Organic eggs, skinless organic chicken.

6) Healthy herbs and spices such as turmeric, licorice root, ginger, cinnamon, garlic, and yucca root.

As you can see, a workable Candida diet can easily be designed from this list of anti-inflammatory foods; which is exactly what the strict diet is.

So far, the only sure way of curing a leaky gut syndrome which was caused by a Candida overgrowth is treating the overgrowth with prebiotics and probiotics; as the Candida infestation shrinks and heals, so does the leaky gut.

Able

Able900
    Spectator

Jo, since I posted last night I’ve been thinking specifically about your pre-and-probiotics. Which one are you taking now and at what total count? You really need to take one with the DDS-1 strain as often as possible.

Believe me, I know that this can turn into an expensive journey; at one point I was taking 300 billion CFU’s a day of probiotics plus the other necessary supplements and making kefir every 4 or 5 days. So I know that it can definitely dig into your income.

I can tell you what will and will not cure your leaky gut.

Taking higher and higher doses of probiotics can cure it, but kefir is one of the major players in this. Have you tried to make water kefir since you’re sensitive to the other types? Needless to say, the prebiotics are just as important as the probiotics.

Greek yogurt, unless it’s homemade, plays a minor role because it just doesn’t contain enough bacteria.

Something to think about: Since you stopped taking the NSAID medications, you will probably see a faster recovery factor come into play; these were probably holding back your progress as far as healing leaky gut was concerned.

The more I research L-Glutamine in association with a leaky gut caused by a Candida overgrowth, the more I believe that the use of this supplement would be more beneficial when the Candida population has been reduced by a large degree. Until that point, you’re not going to heal your leaky gut anyway no matter what supplements you use, other than pre-probiotics, plus there’s some evidence that L-Glutamine offers at least a partial benefit to the Candida production of ammonia. If money is an object as it is with most people, you just might be wasting your money on L-Glutamine at this point.

An anti-inflammatory diet won’t cure your leaky gut directly, but it will help to bring the Candida overgrowth under control and therefore, indirectly, the leaky gut. Meanwhile, it should help a good deal with some of the problems stemming from leaky gut.

Please keep us up to date on your decisions, Jo.
    Thanks, Able

Jo*Jo

Hi Able,

Thanks for correcting me on the LG/Candida diet.

I’m still on MegaFlora probiotics. Some days I take 4 and some days 5. Always at least 4 though. For the kefir, I tried coconut water kefir thinking this would contain less sugar than water kefir with the added sugar. If i did react to it it was a few hours later and only seemed to affect my tongue although i never drank whole glasses to really test it because i didnt want to risk hurting my tummy any further. I’d be interested to know what you think about this. Because its so beneficial, should I still have it anyway?

I’m glad to hear that i’m helping my progress just by not taking the NSAIDS. Hopefully I’ll see an improvement in my FMS too because I’d like to be able to increase the frequency that I can go to the gym. Almost all through this diet I couldnt tollerate to go more than once a week. Any more and I’d have some sort of flare up.

I’ll leave off the L-Glutamine for the moment as you suggest. If we werent trying to save in order to buy a bigger house it wouldnt be a problem but this diet is really eating into my side of the deposit!

What do you think about juicing as well? I’m ready to buy a juicer, as Raster suggested but i’d be interested to know what you think.

jdib, thanks for your input and i’m glad to see you didnt take long to heal 🙂

LilyJ
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 8

Hi JoJo,
    I read through your post and am sorry to hear about all you are going through. I too have leaky gut at the moment, and it’s annoying. Are you still bloating? I look like I’m pregnant, some days it’s not as bloated, but then it bloats again and my entire body can actually feel the stretching of my belly skin, which hurts. Even my chest hurts and I feel like I can’t breathe. I’m having a few cups of peppermint tea as it is said that peppermint tea has properties that may help relieve bloating symptoms – I guess it’s the menthol. But that will only really relieve “symptoms.” As Able said, it won’t really go away until the candida is gone.

I’m in the strict diet and I’d really like to try some unsweetened coconut milk, but I’m just scared to try new things/that i might have a bad reaction or something.

Hope you feel better and your health has improved. !

P.S. How do you make Kefir? I saw some at the store, but the label said it had like 6g of sugar or something, so I decided not to buy it. And I have no clue how to make that stuff. I tried Greek God yogurt 2 weeks ago after my oral thrush seemed a bit better, but the next day my thrush was just worse. Then it got better and I tried the yogurt again, and the next day my tongue was worse once again, so I figured I was reacting to the yogurt and stopped eating it.

Jo*Jo

Hi Lilly,

I’ve never had bloating on this as far as i’m aware. Certainly not while having leaky gut anyway. I do have wind still after meals, despite the bitters and HCL. I do drink alot of peppermint and other kinds of teas so perhaps that helps. I’m sorry to hear that you’re suffering badly with it though. What are you taking for it?

Maybe kefir would help. I love it and wish i could go back to it as it benefited me so much. I wouldnt personally buy it from a shop because you can buy your own grains from so many places and there’s so many sites out there to find out how to make it. Quite often the person you buy them from will give you instructions too.

Ok this is where I am right now. I’ve looked at juicers and before I buy one I thought I’d try blending instead as I already have a blender. I chopped up all my green veg, boiled for about one minute and put them in the blender with avocado, hemp seeds and rice flour. I really liked it so i’ll try to do that once a day and see if that benefits me.

I’ve started eating walnuts, hemp seeds and flax seeds. The only reaction I’ve had to them is an increase in my white fuzzy tongue and I realise I forgot to soak them first so I started doing that last night. Hopefully that’ll make a difference.

I’ve also discovered licorice root tea which I love and gives me just the right amount of sweetness that i’ve been missing from kefir and yoghurt. Hopefully this will benefit me along with the licorice root extract that i’m taking.

Plus i’ve made an effort to eat even more veg and because of that i’ve noticed a decrease in my perioral dermatitis. Its never gone away, just moves around my face but hopefully one day i’ll get there.

I still dont know whether to start back on the coconut water kefir or any sort of kefir.. any opinions?

Jo*Jo

Well I’ve had some soaked flax that I baked to make into crackers and i still get the same reaction. It makes my tongue fuzzy and tingly. I guess i’m gonna have to leave them out 🙁

Jo*Jo;39858 wrote: As i’m not taking it with Yucca Root, should I just take it as directed on the bottle?

Please ignore that. I misread a post of Able’s. *blush*

Able900
    Spectator

Jo*Jo;40297 wrote: Ok this is where I am right now. I’ve looked at juicers and before I buy one I thought I’d try blending instead as I already have a blender. I chopped up all my green veg, boiled for about one minute and put them in the blender with avocado, hemp seeds and rice flour. I really liked it so i’ll try to do that once a day and see if that benefits me.

I’ve started eating walnuts, hemp seeds and flax seeds. The only reaction I’ve had to them is an increase in my white fuzzy tongue and I realise I forgot to soak them first so I started doing that last night. Hopefully that’ll make a difference.

Hello, Jo.
    As far as having a reaction to the walnut/hemp seeds/flax seeds is concerned, I would bet a million that the reaction came from the walnuts. In my opinion, anyone who eats walnuts on a Candida diet is taking a chance. Can you not make do with just the hemp and flax seeds?

I’ve always thought that juicing vegetables was a great idea for the diet, but if you can get close to the same results with the blender you already have, then go for it. No need in wasting money on a juicer if the blender will give you the results you want.

I still dont know whether to start back on the coconut water kefir or any sort of kefir.. any opinions?

Since I’ve never experimented with it, I’m uncertain about coconut water’s use in kefir to be honest. I suppose, unless someone else can offer some information on this, all you could do is to test it.

Able

Jo*Jo

Hi Able / Raster / anyone else reading,

This past week my dermatitis has improved so hopefully this is a good sign. I’ve left off the walnuts now and i’m reacting to flax too but i hope to try the latter again in a few weeks. The hemp seeds are absolutely fine so far, thankfully. Next i’ll test the rice bran flour and the coconut water kefir again.

I’ve been taking licorice root extract but still dont have yucca root yet. Should I be taking Saccharomyces Boulardii?

Jo*Jo

Able, Is there an alternative to Yucca root that i could take instead?

*please forget the question about S Boulardii

Jo*Jo

A year ago today I began the cleanse followed by the strict diet. I’m still not much further forward and getting frustrated now. I’m eating a variety of green veg 3 times a day, blending them to make smoothies with oatbran and hemp. I have coconut/buckwheat/hemp/oatbran bread, buckwheat crispbreads, buckwheat noodles, buckwheat groats, sauerkraut, chicken, eggs, salmon, cooking with olive oil, 16 tsp coconut oil per day, 200 cfu’s megaflora, 4000mg vit c, licorice root teas, milk thistle..

I tried water kefir again 2 wks ago, no good so havent tried goats milk kefir in a long time. Same for Fage yoghurt. I couldnt get holds of yucca root extract.

I’m fed up. Sex is still possible (something that wasnt for years) and with the blending my perioral dermatitis has improved but my tongue is worse and discharge is back.

I still really believe that my body would be better if I could tollerate kefir and could get hold of SF722 again.

Phytostan – looks like I can get hold of this. Should I?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘12 months in – please check my regimen.. reporting back :)’ is closed to new replies.