12 months in – please check my regimen.. reporting back :)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions 12 months in – please check my regimen.. reporting back :)

This topic contains 67 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)
  • Author

Jo*Jo
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 242

I’m almost 9 months into Able and Rasters diet and am still on stage 1. The only time i’ve cheated was at christmas (http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6013p2_Jo-jo.aspx?=) [sorry, i cant post working links here at work]. I’ve got rid of 95% of my vaginal thrush and my only real symptom left is my oral thrush.

On waking of for an early shift: 1 x 80 billion Ultimate Flora
    15 mins later: 5 x SF722
    15 mins later: half glass of kefir
    Sometimes also take Now Foods, Fresh Green Black Walnut Wormwood Complex
    15 mins later: 50g oatbran and buckwheat flake porridge followed by various vitamins. If taking caprylic acid, take 6 of them.

(If on a late shift or an off day the above is more spread out.)

Before snack, on empty stomach: Oregano oil or GSE

Before lunch, on empty stomach: 5 x SF722. More caprylic acid if taking that

Late afternoon, on empty stomach: ACV or GSE or maybe coconut oil

Before dinner on empty stomach: 5 x SF722. More caprylic acid with food, if taking that. Fage yoghurt

If i have time after dinner, some ACV or Oregano oil or GSE or maybe coconut oil

Before bed, sometimes empty stomach, sometimes not: 1 x 80 billion Ultimate Flora

Diet:
    Oatbran, buckwheat flakes, buckwheat, rutabaga, zucchini, asparagus, eggplant, sprouts, green beans, kale, spinach, broccoli, buckwheat noodles, yoghurt, kefir, cabbage, cauliflour, eggs, coconut bread

How does all that look? Perhaps it can be tweaked to improve my progress?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hi, Jo.

Did I miss something or are you drinking only approximately 4 ounces of kefir a day? If so, you should go ahead and raise this to 6 ounces and then 12 ounces after a few days. You can raise the amount a little more if you would like to because I doubt you’ll cure the mouth thrush without more kefir.

Stop taking the GSE completely as well as the oregano oil for the time being. Check with me in a month and we’ll see if you should add the oregano oil back to the regimen.
    At this point you should also stop taking ACV. If you have digestion problems you can take a tablet of hydrochloride acid during or after a meal.

I doubt the Caprylic acid is doing much at this point, so when you finish the container don’t bother to replace it, save your money for more probiotics and kefir.
    Several times you mentioned “or maybe coconut oil” – you should be taking coconut oil every single day by the teaspoon. Work your way up to at least 15 teaspoons a day. Do not alternate the oil with any other supplement, just continue it every day.

Get rid of the Ultimate Flora because at this point you should be obtaining the DDS-1 strain. Purchase either the Innate brand or MegaFlora, both should contain DDS-1. Actually, you don’t need to get rid of it, just purchase MegaFlora or Innate and add it to the Ultimate Flora until you run out.

It looks like you’re taking a total of 160 billion CFUs of the probiotic most days but sometimes only 80 billion. This is not enough at your point in the treatment. Increase the amount to three capsules a day; you can take two at the same time in order to work in three on an empty stomach. Try not to skip a dose for at least a month or longer. If you purchase the Innate or MegaFlora, I believe they are usually 50 billion CFU’s but you may can find one with 80 billion. At any rate, whichever you find, take three capsules a day and then contact me after about four weeks on that amount.

Try to locate the brand name “Raw Probiotics” made by Garden of Life and toss a few into the mix every day while continuing the other probiotic. You can usually find one which contains 85 billion per every three capsules. They don’t contain the DDS-1 strain, but they do contain 33 different strains, many of which are not in the MegaFlora or Innate brands. This will help to increase the flora in the intestines which will also help the oral thrush.

Let me know how this works for you.
    Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would try out HCL like able said, and maybe try out swedish bitters. I would start a leaky gut repair regimen soon if you have leaky gut. I’d consider trying out something like fermented cod liver oil which will reduce the inflammation of the gut.

If you still have die-off or have frequent urination, I would try out something like super milk thistle x to repair the liver now that you’ve done antifungals for awhile. The GSE likely damaged your liver some so now its time to repair it.

You can take SF722 with meals if you wanted (afterwards once you are done eating), this is when I take it.

How is your digestion and what other symptoms do you have left?

-raster

Jo*Jo

Thanks both of you for your help. I have taken everything on board and will try to obtain the things you suggest if i dont already have them. I will try to answer each question:

I think my digestion is fine although sometimes i seem to be slow in listening to what my body is saying. Theres nothing that i can think of that i have trouble digesting on this diet and i hadnt had flatulence for a few months apart from the odd occasion since when i cheated at christmas.

My BMs are pretty hit and miss and are still yellow although a bit darker than they used to be and not as sticky as they used to be either. I really have to make sure i eat plenty of veg in order for them to be good. But i wouldnt say i’m regular.

I’d not had an itchy nipple for months but since christmas i have every day although not 24/7. Sometimes it has peeling skin.

Most of my vaginal thrush has gone but again came back slightly after christmas. Oral thrush has never gone away but has just varied in how severe it is although its not been painful since the cleanse.

I think the final symptom is what i’m pretty sure is Perioral Dermatitis on my face. I wrote a thread about it and with milk thistle and molybdenum (which i’d got lazy with previously) it is slowly getting better

Kefir – Yes I had a feeling i wasnt drinking enough and i’m drinking what i am because its not been growing. It looks fine though. Last week i actually bought more grains and they should come in the next few days.

I dont know if you misunderstood but i never miss taking a probiotic. All i was saying was that sometimes its not always on an empty stomach. I have looked up Raw Probiotics and it looks like i can get it on Amazon UK so i’ll get some. My usual brands have been Innate and MegaFlora but I went with Ultimate Flora this time for the CFU count.

After doing the HCL test with baking soda a few weeks ago i bought HCL and have started taking that so i’m glad you mentioned it. I also have Swedish Bitters to help with the yellow stools but it didnt improve so i kind of left it off but i will start it up again.

I have packed away everything but the coconut oil and SF722 for the time being so will concentrate on those. I think i was unclear about what i take because when i said “maybe sometimes” i meant that it would depend on what i was rotating. I will also look into adding fermented cod liver oil.

Questions:
    *I’m confused about the damage that GSE could have done. It was recommended when i started.. what changed?

*Just to help me understand, what is it with my symptoms that makes you think i have leaky gut? Is it the length of time i’ve been doing this without getting rid of the symptoms?

Thanks guys,
    Jo

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

I’ve got a question about the SF7222…how many a day are you up to? I’m up to 6 a day. Can we increase this amount on the protocol, because it looks as if you are having 15 a day…

Able900
    Spectator

Questions:
    *I’m confused about the damage that GSE could have done. It was recommended when i started.. what changed?

Jo, as far as Raster’s remark about the GSE is concerned, his statement is a little misleading. According to the research; adverse reactions may result if you are taking calcium channel blockers during the same time period of time as GSE. The reduction of enzymatic activity can cause elevated concentrations of these drugs in your blood which could potentially damage the liver. Of course there is usually a warning on the containers of GSE stating that anyone on specific medications should not take GSE. Just like any other antifungal or supplement, it would take an exceedingly high and constant intake of GSE to cause any organ damage, in fact, research has shown that you would need to take 4,000 times the recommended daily amount for any damage to occur.

The reason that I asked you to stop taking GSE is because you’re probably wasting your time and money on it at this point in your treatment. Once the Candida symptoms have been lessened to a huge degree and can easily be handled by the person, it’s best to avoid the antifungals as much as possible. And especially after nine months on the treatment, it is past the time to concentrate solely on rebuilding the flora in the intestines, and anything that could possibly slow this process in the least bit should be avoided. As you probably know by now, most antifungals will usually have the ability to destroy at least some of the bacteria, usually both the good and bad. I’m not saying that the GSE has done a lot of damage in that area, but it’s simply a matter of it no longer being needed along with the potential of doing harm instead of good.

Just to help me understand, what is it with my symptoms that makes you think i have leaky gut? Is it the length of time i’ve been doing this without getting rid of the symptoms?

As far as leaky gut is concerned, personally I do not think you are suffering from this as you have not described any signs and have no apparent food allergies. A lot of Candida sufferers go through the infestation without contracting leaky gut syndrome. I can attest to that personally as I’ve never had it myself. There are other reasons for not being rid of the symptoms at this point and that reason is most often not having enough flora in the intestines. As long as there are enough Candida to compete with the flora in the digestive system, minor symptoms will probably continue. The goal is for the flora to eventually outnumber the Candida and take over the intestines once again.

To Titan: Raster or Jo will have to answer your question concerning SF722 as I never took this supplement during my own treatment.

Able

Jo*Jo

Thanks Able. What you say regarding GSE makes sense. I probably never took enough, let alone too much.

Regarding the Leaky Gut, i have the Swedish Bitters and HCL Betaine so i might as well carry on taking them unless i shouldnt?

As for the SF722, the bottle says work up to 5, 3 times per day and I know it doesnt say that on the Antifungals page on here but i’m sure said to take that many when i started taking it..

I’m sure that GSE was recommended too because thats why i would have bought it in the first place. I do everything from this forum, no where else so i’m pretty confused right now. If i had been taking 6 SF722 per day i would be spending a lot less money on them than i have been.

Able900
    Spectator

Jo*Jo;32262 wrote: Thanks Able. What you say regarding GSE makes sense. I probably never took enough, let alone too much.
    Regarding the Leaky Gut, i have the Swedish Bitters and HCL Betaine so i might as well carry on taking them unless i shouldnt?

Yes, Jo, in fact I still take both of these on occasion myself.

As for the SF722, the bottle says work up to 5, 3 times per day and I know it doesnt say that on the Antifungals page on here but i’m sure said to take that many when i started taking it … If i had been taking 6 SF722 per day i would be spending a lot less money on them than i have been.

You probably talked with Raster about the SF7222 because, as I stated before, I’ve never used it and I prefer not to offer advice (especially concerning the dose) on supplements I’ve never taken. Raster, on the other hand, has reported quite a bit of success with it.

I’m sure that GSE was recommended too because thats why i would have bought it in the first place. I do everything from this forum, no where else so i’m pretty confused right now.

Yes you’re right, I very well may have suggested that you use GSE sometime during the first few months of your treatment as I used it myself. I also experienced some die-off from it for a short time, so I know that it works for killing the Candida; but it just happens to be an antifungal that the Candida can adapt to fairly easily.

Thanks, Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You can increase your dose of SF722 if you wanted. I recently increased to 3 per meal (9 per day) and I feel quite a bit better in general. You could do as high of a dose as 10 per meal (which is what the bottle suggests), but you need to keep it practical in terms of costs.

Citridal is the ingredient in GSE that can cause liver symptoms and taking it set back my progress in healing my liver. Not everyone may be the same way and not everyone else is healing their liver or is experiencing liver symptoms like I had. You can take a break from GSE as you get better.

What I am trying to figure out jo jo, is what remaining symptoms you have left and what else you should aim for as you get better. I only was asking about leaky gut because most people have it, but you may not (I don’t know).

-raster

Jo*Jo

Well i am very happy to reduce the amount of SF722 🙂 And i am happy to stop the GSE. Its interesting because i often felt that it did something to my tongue, almost as if i felt it helped make it feel better but now i see it could have felt better because it was feeding it.

Although i’ve been doing this a long time now, i’m still ecstatic because enough of the vaginal thrush has gone so that i can have a sex life again and to both of you i will always be thankful.

Able: By sticking to coconut oil and sf722, plus the HCL, Bitters and more kefir, should i see an improvement fairly soon? I’m asking this because you said about talking to you again in a month. I’m not being impatient. Just wondering what you were thinking.

Jo*Jo

Its been less than a week since you both gave me your advice. I’m now on 6 x SF722, 16 tsp’s of coconut oil and about a pint of kefir per day.

The perioral dermatitis seems to be clearing up without the molybdenum because that still hasnt arrived and i think my tongue is starting to improve too.

I’ve been going over all this in my head and i have a question. Did i start taking too many antifungals too soon? Is that where i went wrong?

Able900
    Spectator

Able: By sticking to coconut oil and sf722, plus the HCL, Bitters and more kefir, should i see an improvement fairly soon? I’m asking this because you said about talking to you again in a month. I’m not being impatient. Just wondering what you were thinking.

I would expect you to see some improvements fairly soon, Jo, and of course, anytime the infestation gets worse during the treatment, you should report that to us. I mentioned a month because, by the time four weeks pass without a worsening of your symptoms, I would expect to see a huge improvement with the changes in supplements. Of course, I couldn’t be happier when a member reports improvements after a short period of time following a change we suggested.

The perioral dermatitis seems to be clearing up without the molybdenum because that still hasnt arrived and i think my tongue is starting to improve too.

Great news, Jo, thanks for letting us know.

I’ve been going over all this in my head and i have a question. Did i start taking too many antifungals too soon? Is that where i went wrong?

Everyone is different, Jo, and I know that everyone gets tired of reading that, but it happens to be a very important aspect of the treatment in that everyone has to make different changes at different times during the treatment. This doesn’t have to mean that you “went wrong” with your treatment; it only means that changes in the way of adjustments in the supplements have to be made for everyone eventually. I’ve followed your posts all along whether I’ve commented or not, and I think that you’ve done a fantastic job with the treatment. So way to go.

By the way, too many antifungals taken too soon should only create excess, needless die-off toxins to deal with; and although some of the die-off reactions can be physical, it wouldn’t make the Candida symptoms worse or slow down the progress of the treatment.

Able

Jo*Jo

Thanks Able. I think I always thought i was doing ok with all the anti fungals because i never felt bad on them. I rarely got die off by way of feeling sick, tummy pains, headaches etc and that was how i guessed was the best way to gauge it. But i guess that it eventually showed itself with the dermatitis and the fact that the white tongue wouldnt go away.

And just for full disclosure, earlier i mentioned my symptoms and i should have added that i also have are tinnitus and peeling nails. The tinnitus is still there but the peeling nails are no longer peeling and this has been the case for the past 4 to 6 weeks so thats another improvement.

I will be sure to report back in three weeks 🙂

Able900
    Spectator

Jo*Jo;32719 wrote: And just for full disclosure, earlier i mentioned my symptoms and i should have added that i also have are tinnitus and peeling nails. The tinnitus is still there but the peeling nails are no longer peeling and this has been the case for the past 4 to 6 weeks so thats another improvement.

Thanks for taking the time to post this information, Jo.

Jo*Jo

My Garden of Life probiotics arrived yesterday and i’m a bit concerned about some of the ingredients: Red Bell Pepper (fruit), Green pea (seed) etc. I took 3 last night along with my other probiotics and this morning my tongue is whiter than it was yeserday.

I know that those ingredients feed the candida normally but in this form does it matter?

Link to ingredients

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘12 months in – please check my regimen.. reporting back :)’ is closed to new replies.