10 months in and im stuck

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice 10 months in and im stuck

This topic contains 28 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

kelandu
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 63

hi everyone
    Im 10 months into the diet and seem to be going in circles. I follow the diet carefully but ive just discovered that the plamil chocolate ive been eaten contains caffeine, i had no idea.
    Now im experiencing indigestion again. my nutritionist told me to stop taking vitamins and anti fungals 2 weeks ago and since then i feel it coming back. ( ive started them again today out of desperation
    I had also been drinking herbal teas, camomile, decaf green tea and peppermint tea and again just seen i shouldnt be drinking any of them.
    last month i felt well enough to have a treat, i had a curry takeaway. well never again! it took me weeks to get my energy to a point i could function again.
    I still havent reintroduced fruit because i know the candida is still not under control and im worried it will tip the balance.
    Im really grateful to this site for educating us because its such a lonely journey to take when no one around you believes its a real illness. I wish you all well

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

What is your daily diet like? What kinds of supplements/vitamins are you taking?

kelandu

Hi there
    I have red bobs gluten free cereal, its like porridge and rice milk for breakfast
    I eat salads with tomatoes, carrot juice
    gluten free/wheat free bread with butter
    salmon, jacket potatoes, rice cakes with hummus, chicken, mince meat, stewing meat,
    heres the part i think might be a problem

I make pies with butter and gluten free/wheat free flour
    cakes with the same but also using stevia and ginger.carob
    snacks of pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds
    herbal teas

candida clear, multivitamin with minerals, echincea, and vit c

thats about it. if you can see i am missing something or doing somethin i shouldnt then i would appreciate any advice. thankyou )

raster
    Participant

The problem is, while you have been doing the diet correct on some levels, you are still having plenty of bad items.

The number one thing I’d cut is seeds. Seeds contain plenty of molds/fungi that really set you back. I had sunflower seeds the whole 4 months of my diet, and once I stopped I noticed a big improvement.

The second thing I’d cut is butter. It is a dairy product and you are supposed to not have any dairy on the diet. A good alternative is coconut butter; it has the same texture and for me it fits the bill. Save the butter/dairy for the end of your treatment because it is not helpful at all.

Tomatoes and carrots contain plenty of sugars; tomatoes are actually considered a fruit. Carrots are one of the most sugary vegetables that there is! Really reduce the amount of natural sugars you eat; it is best to keep it under 25g a day.

Here is a site that shows the amount of sugars you eat per serving:
    http://www.sugarstacks.com/vegetables.htm
    http://www.sugarstacks.com/fruits.htm

Gluten free is not the same as wheat free, sugar free, grain free, etc. Make some of the homemade breads that contain no bad ingredients. I saw some gluten free bread at the store and it had (gluten free) wheat, yeast, and honey! Not good for the anti-candida diet. Bob’s rice bran cereal is a good alternative because rice bran has the healthy part of the rice.

Also, rice contains gluten! It has low gluten, but still…if possible replace it with buckwheat and save rice for phase 2. Buckwheat has the same texture and tastes very similar (and no gluten). Same with rice milk; cut it if possible.

Are you eating any beef or pork? Beef and pork create ammonia in your gut, which is not helpful for the anti-candida diet. Stick to chicken, turkey, seafood if possible.

I don’t know much about carob, but it is placed in the soy category. It sounds like it is starchy, which definitely isn’t good.

http://my.clevelandclinic.org/disorders/allergies/hic_special_diets_for_food_allergies.aspx

Other ideas:
    -Try the oil pulling (oral thrush post).
    -Try sweating out the toxins in a sauna, hot tub, steam room, etc. Hot bath works also. This helps remove toxins from body.
    -Get a good probiotic! Probiotics are the most important thing for the diet because you need to introduce good healthy flora to the gut. This will dramatically improve your health; the reason you have a candida problem is because there isn’t enough beneficial flora. If you can’t afford a probiotic, there are other ways to eat natural probiotic such as kefir.
    -Get a vitamin D/Zinc/Magnesium/Calcium vitamin and maybe stop the multivitamin.
    -Get high quality vitamins in general that contain no soy, high amounts of cellulose, maltodextrin and other fillers.
    -Try some antifungals later in the diet. you can really waste a ton of money on these.
    -Undeceonic acid is very helpful for killing off the candida and can be taken long term. Very strong!
    -Contact a very good naturopathic doctor for a strong steady plan. Remember, they come like colors of of a rainbow, and they are good and bad ones. Look for one that has successfully treated candida numerous times.
    -Digestive grape bitters help your digestion and are really effective. Get one without alcohol if possible.

Listen to some dr. mcoomb!
    http://www.mccombsplan.com/new/media_center/index.php

We (the forum members) will get you back on track, and watch out because you’ll feel a ton better!

Hope this helps!

-Raster

kelandu

thankyou so much for taking the rime to reply and for the advice. looks like i need to rethink my entire diet but health is more important. I really thought i was doing well lol, i will have to find ways to survive without my favourite foods lol

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Kelandu.

Following Raster’s advice is a good plan, with a few extra suggestions thrown in.

The Candida Clear is part of your problem, so are the multiple vitamins. The Candida Clear contains both rice flour and gum arabic. Gum arabic is a mixture of long and short-chain sugars plus glycoproteins. Gycoproteins are proteins which have sugars attached to them. I wouldn’t waste another dime on this product, and I would throw away whatever is on hand.

Research has shown that Candida albicans are efficient at utilizing certain nutrients and supplements, especially synthetic B vitamin supplements which are usually in multiple vitamins. If your multiple vitamins contain even one B vitamin,
    I would stop it right away.

You could add avocados, rutabagas, turnips, kefir and homemade yogurt to your diet to make up for the foods you’re removing. All of these are antifungals in one way or another. The kefir/yogurt will also add beneficial bacteria to your system which is what you are lacking.

The fact that the ‘curry takeaway’ took weeks for you to get over is a sure sign that the infestation is still in it’s pathogenic, aggressive state.
    I don’t know which type of takeaway you had, but I’ve never seen a recipe for the curry sauce that didn’t contain flour. Your Candida had a feast that day.

Able

raster
    Participant

You might also want to go onto an anti-inflammatory diet. Rice milk is one of the highest inflammatory almost good things you can eat for instance. Buckwheat is also slightly inflammatory.

Check out your foods here:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/

-Raster

bluemoonmaria
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Some good advice have been given. I will agree with the probiotics that are very essential. I started the diet one year ago but from poor diet symptoms came to come back. First day starting drinking acidophilus drink it really made a difference.

I have noticed a lot difference on eating less and more quality food. It certainly make a difference to buy bio stuff, contain so less of that artificial things. Looking every single thing I buy what it contains it certainly makes a difference to me.

Good luck with it.

raster
    Participant

Also, if you rotate what you eat every few days, the candida won’t be able to adapt to these foods as easily. For instance, if you ate nothing but buckwheat and chicken on the diet, the candida could eventually adapt to these foods and you will become allergic. You should consider rotating between buckwheat, quinoa, red and black rice, just to name a few.

-Raster

wisc-rn
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

hi all,

I wish to start a candida diet due to severe seborrheic dermatitis with hair loss. Also, have history of remote stroke in 1996 at age 36, and have been doing very well until now in menopause. I have been reading this forum as well as Dr. McCombs 4-month candida plan. What should I do? While Dr. McCombs plan appears easy enough to follow, taking all of his supplements will be expensive. Thank you for your help.

wisc-rn

Able900
    Spectator

wisc-rn wrote: I wish to start a candida diet due to severe seborrheic dermatitis with hair loss. Also, have history of remote stroke in 1996 at age 36, and have been doing very well until now in menopause. I have been reading this forum as well as Dr. McCombs 4-month candida plan. What should I do? While Dr. McCombs plan appears easy enough to follow, taking all of his supplements will be expensive. Thank you for your help. wisc-rn

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

It’s much less expensive to follow the protocol here on the forum, and it works.
    Reading the protocol will tell you exactly how to start.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Let us know if you have questions.
    Able

raster
    Participant

Don’t follow the Mccomb’s plan, it is very easy to do your own plan that is parallel to his or better.

He promotes his own supplements that he makes money off of; but you can get a probiotic and other supplements almost anywhere that is just as effective or more effective.

He also says that fruits are OK but fruits contain sugar which is not beneficial to the diet.

-Raster

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

kelandu wrote: hi everyone
    Im 10 months into the diet and seem to be going in circles. I follow the diet carefully but ive just discovered that the plamil chocolate ive been eaten contains caffeine, i had no idea.
    Now im experiencing indigestion again. my nutritionist told me to stop taking vitamins and anti fungals 2 weeks ago and since then i feel it coming back. ( ive started them again today out of desperation
    I had also been drinking herbal teas, camomile, decaf green tea and peppermint tea and again just seen i shouldnt be drinking any of them.
    last month i felt well enough to have a treat, i had a curry takeaway. well never again! it took me weeks to get my energy to a point i could function again.
    I still havent reintroduced fruit because i know the candida is still not under control and im worried it will tip the balance.
    Im really grateful to this site for educating us because its such a lonely journey to take when no one around you believes its a real illness. I wish you all well

Hi,
    I am going to give you some tips in another direction. Chronic candidiasis is associated to an acquired or genetic immune tolerance to the yeast/fungus. The goal of any treatment should be to reactivate proper immune function against it. It requires several things such as diet, antifungals, immune shots, supplements, and a detox program, specially addressing heavy metal toxicity.
    You can do an heroic effort following the most restrictive diet and taking antifungals, but, if you have a compromised immune system because mercury, lead, or any other offender is pushing your immune system toward to a humoral/th2 induced response, you never will get results. Cell-mediated immunity Th1/Th17 (specially IL-17) are very important to control intracellular pathogens such as fungus.
    Without this active immunologic response, it is impossible to cure a chronic fungal infection. Keep in mind the mycelial fungal form penetrates the cells and cause inflammation. You need an active cell-mediated immunity to clean the cells one time they are infected. Candida Albicans creates immune suppresor byproducts that can disrupt Th17 response.
    What I mean is you should look at any underlying cause that may be favoring the infection, specially those which affect the immune system.
    I hope this help you !

Able900
    Spectator

Quote by Dvjorge: I am going to give you some tips in another direction. Chronic candidiasis is associated to an acquired or genetic immune tolerance to the yeast/fungus. The goal of any treatment should be to reactivate proper immune function against it. It requires several things such as diet, antifungals, immune shots, supplements, and a detox program, specially addressing heavy metal toxicity.

Reply: The above statement threw me off immediately; of all the requirements you named that you say are needed to reactivate the immune system, no where do I see the most important ingredient mentioned which is a quality source of beneficial bacteria. This flora literally trains the immune system so that it is capable of responding to 100s of different pathogens; one can only imagine where we would be without this function.

Quote: You need an active cell-mediated immunity to clean the cells one time they are infected.

Reply: You’re talking about addressing heavy metal toxicity in some manner I assume. Have you done this, and if so, what were the results?

Able

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

Able,
    I have seen you are very interested about everything linked to this syndrome. That is a good thing. There is nothing that has consumed more time to me since 2008 than research and study this syndrome. I have bought 16 books about it, have spent more than 3000 hours in the web researching medical papers about candida and everything linked to this illness, have more than 2000 posts in Curezone, spoken with candida “experts” Drs in person such as Dr. Crandall, Dr. M. McNett, and S.Barkley. It has been hard for me and the only focus of my life.
    I can tell you I still learn , and I am always open to new ideas and experiences. I have gained knowledge because the time reading and speaking with people affected by it but don’t claim to know more than anybody.
    I will be happy to share with you the information I have.
    I didn’t mentioned probiotics because current pharmaceutical probiotics CAN NOT colonize the gut permanently. There isn’t any grade pharmaceutical probiotic which do it. They colonize the gut temporary and only offer temporary benefits. Another important thing is the main gut enterotypes aren’t present in current probiotics. This means the antagonistic inhibitory flora isn’t mainly Lactobacillus, Bifidobacterium, and E. Coli.

Regarding to the intracellular candidiasis, it is what cause intestinal lining inflammation and leaky gut. It is one, if not, the worse part of this infection.
    Jorge.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘10 months in and im stuck’ is closed to new replies.