10 lb Chicken/week – Is that too much?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions 10 lb Chicken/week – Is that too much?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  orka1998 7 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

nikki
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 136

I’m eating around 10 lb Chicken/week. Is that too much on the diet?
    Without that amount, I am not having energy to live actively.
    I almost feel to collapse, if I just eat vegetables.
    Is that alright??

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It seems to be a bit much to me; but I eat quite a bit of chicken also.

I eat about 3 1/2 pound servings of chicken breast per week. Thats 1.5 pounds.

I eat chicken, lamb, buffalo sausages the rest of the week, maybe .5-1 pound per serving. So conservately, that’d be 2 pounds of sausage per week, but I think its really closer to 4 pounds per week.

Thats 5.5 pounds of meat that I eat a week total.

Are you eating it with lunch and dinner? If so, I feel that it is too much and try to reduce to 1 serving per day. Consider eating smaller breasts also.

I have eaten meat daily during the whole diet and haven’t had any problems.

-raster

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

raster wrote: It seems to be a bit much to me; but I eat quite a bit of chicken also.

I eat about 3 1/2 pound servings of chicken breast per week. Thats 1.5 pounds.

I eat chicken, lamb, buffalo sausages the rest of the week, maybe .5-1 pound per serving. So conservately, that’d be 2 pounds of sausage per week, but I think its really closer to 4 pounds per week.

Thats 5.5 pounds of meat that I eat a week total.

Are you eating it with lunch and dinner? If so, I feel that it is too much and try to reduce to 1 serving per day. Consider eating smaller breasts also.

I have eaten meat daily during the whole diet and haven’t had any problems.

-raster

I suspect that eating meat daily will be alright for me as well no doubt I desire so damn much but im scared to because the warning I have read. So I am going to go from 3 days a week to 4 and so on to see if it is effecting me.

could I ask, why buffalo is ok but not say grass fed organic beef?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Marbro wrote: I suspect that eating meat daily will be alright for me as well no doubt I desire so damn much but im scared to because the warning I have read. So I am going to go from 3 days a week to 4 and so on to see if it is effecting me.

Marbro;
    This is just a suggestion, and one I would follow myself were I still on the diet, but when you’re taking into account the foods that another person is eating without problems, you might want to consider where their position is in the treatment, and if they fail to mention this, maybe ask them. For example, when Raster refers to eating 5 ½ pounds of meat a week, these are, supposedly, the words of someone who does not have a Candida infestation; of course this is an assumption due to his post on March 27, “It took me 9 months to recover from candida and cure myself.” So anyone with a Candida infestation should not follow Raster’s present protocol since he apparently doesn’t have a Candida infestation, and therefore he wouldn’t receive the same reactions that others may experience from the foods and amounts he eats. The point is, maybe Raster can eat 5 ½ pounds of meat a week because he doesn’t have the same degree of infestation that you or someone else may have.

Concerning buffalo vs. beef; I think by now we all know that the problem with animal protein is the ammonia that’s released during the protein breakdown. I posted this several months ago, “All living animals have ammonia in their bodies, including humans. So when it comes to ammonia, the type of animal doesn’t matter as much as the amount of protein that the meat contains per serving.” Buffalo contains less fat than beef; less fat means more protein per ounce.

Able

Able900
    Spectator

raster wrote: I have eaten meat daily during the whole diet and haven’t had any problems.

Raster, today you also posted, “I am sure I still have die-off despite being on the diet 9 months.” If you’re experiencing die-off, then you have a Candida infestation.

Once I started the “strict diet” and probiotics, I was cured in less than three months, no relapse, but I didn’t eat meat on a daily basis either. According to your posts you also followed the strict diet, though apparently not completely if you ate meat on a daily basis.

Able

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

I agree that meat shouldn’t be consumed in the first phase. Most, if not all, candida diets allow meat. I mean those diets in the candida books, and several others well designed such as the Modern Herbalist diet, Michael Biamonte,etc.
    Meat is a controversial food but isn’t something that will decide if you can cure the overgrowth or not. I mean it isn’t sugar or carbohydrates, but candida also can feed with it. To stop candida from feeding is almost impossible at least you don’t eat anything. The key is to cut its preferred food.
    Jorge.

Marbro

Able900 wrote:

I suspect that eating meat daily will be alright for me as well no doubt I desire so damn much but im scared to because the warning I have read. So I am going to go from 3 days a week to 4 and so on to see if it is effecting me.

Marbro;
    This is just a suggestion, and one I would follow myself were I still on the diet, but when you’re taking into account the foods that another person is eating without problems, you might want to consider where their position is in the treatment, and if they fail to mention this, maybe ask them. For example, when Raster refers to eating 5 ½ pounds of meat a week, these are, supposedly, the words of someone who does not have a Candida infestation; of course this is an assumption due to his post on March 27, “It took me 9 months to recover from candida and cure myself.” So anyone with a Candida infestation should not follow Raster’s present protocol since he apparently doesn’t have a Candida infestation, and therefore he wouldn’t receive the same reactions that others may experience from the foods and amounts he eats. The point is, maybe Raster can eat 5 ½ pounds of meat a week because he doesn’t have the same degree of infestation that you or someone else may have.

Concerning buffalo vs. beef; I think by now we all know that the problem with animal protein is the ammonia that’s released during the protein breakdown. I posted this several months ago, “All living animals have ammonia in their bodies, including humans. So when it comes to ammonia, the type of animal doesn’t matter as much as the amount of protein that the meat contains per serving.” Buffalo contains less fat than beef; less fat means more protein per ounce.

Able

Thanks for responding Able and I understand where you are coming from. I have been following both of you and rasters post and aproach and I find the strict diet to hard for me and I like Rasters aproach even though this may result in a longer period of recovery. when I express my view I always try to remember to add that the safest and best rout to curing candida is through your protocol. I do not mean to conflict with your advice but only work within my means. I am weak willed and am proud of what I have accomplished so far even with my mistakes. I have supressed candida enough that one of my major issues has been resolved.

Being weak willed should not be a reason to look down on someone. Not saying you are but I hope the fact that I can not adhere to the diet as you outlined 100% does not change your desire to help me and others like me. Everyone is built different.

Really I have not strayed to far from the path per say. Tomatoes, quinoa, blueberries being the only things I am having outside of your diet as of now.

The meat, well I like where Raster is in his diet. I will be happy to be where he is at even if that means I still have infestation. I believe your the only one I know of on these forums that has truely cured candida but I also understand your current diet, as good as it is, is stil strict compared to your average American. So my aproach is different and may take me longer to get to the happy place than it should. I just want to test and add as many foods as I can get away with because raw veggies as a primary diet really makes me ill just thinking about it. I hope you do not think less of me because of this. I do have a tremendous amount of respect for you and what you do for folks here. It could be 6 months from now I am kicking myself for not following your diet from the beginning. will you still help me? Am I a lost cause?

On another subject. I hope you decide to release your diet again. I know defending it bothers you but really, even with your note, folks are going to request it and not follow it completely and in the end you will be defending it or ignoring folks. We all need help, even the weak willed. So how can a person like you help those that will not follow your sound advice? should you ignore them or work with them anyways…. I respect your decisions regardless its afterall your time.

Able900
    Spectator

Thanks for that, Malbro.

I needed everything you wrote, seriously. I know that I sometimes have a problem with showing my impatience with those who are unable to follow the protocol and cure themselves for whatever reason. I can only assume that, at least part of it is because I know that there’s a cure, and when I see people continuing to suffer when, at least in my way of thinking, it isn’t necessary, then mistakenly I want to take over, telling them what they’re doing wrong in not always the nicest way, and attempting to get them on the path that “I want them to take” when really, I should just leave them alone and let them do it their way. I admit that I tend to ignore the fact that not everyone just spent 15 years in the military so not everyone is accustomed to doing what you have to do or need to do in order to just get it done as they say. “Suck it up, shut up, and do it” is what I was taught in the early years of military training, and apparently it never went away. All that said, I can also say that I’m working on all of this and trying to correct my attitude. I still screw up too often however.

I hope everyone can believe that, when I’ve spoken of weak-willed people, I was by no means looking down on anyone. I suppose I just want them not to be, which again is none of my business and I should leave them to be who and what they are. To be honest, I suppose that I do see it as a “weakness” of sorts, but again, I was taught to see it that way, and it’s difficult to change when you’ve viewed it that way for so many years. But I don’t look down on anyone, and I hope I never come to that.

You wrote, “It could be 6 months from now I am kicking myself for not following your diet from the beginning. will you still help me? Am I a lost cause?”
    Marbro, I’ll always be willing to help anyone who is willing to listen. To turn my back on someone just because they didn’t “listen the first time” would be a dreadful way to treat a fellow human being, and God help me if I ever turn into that person. And no, I do not think you or anyone else is a lost cause. The fact that you’re here and trying to learn and in addition, also trying to help others as you learn, shows that you are not a lost cause.

It’s been ten months since I was cured, and I often forget how my thoughts were always that it had to be right now, I had to be rid of the Candida “now” – so I went about the treatment in a way that I do not recommend on the forum because, honestly, it was dangerous and stupid of me. But even knowing this, I find myself still expecting everyone to just get on with the treatment without a pause and get it over with without mistakes. I need to be reminded now and then that not everyone looks at their infestation that way, and in fact shouldn’t. So thank you for doing that tonight.

Sincerely, Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Just to recap here; no I haven’t cured my infestation completely because I still have undigested food that turns up in my stool, I still have parasites that will never go away completely, and I still smoke, and I still don’t feel 100%. I am not going around saying I am cured; you were the one that declared that when I posted that one time that I ate a hamburger and felt nothing as far as symptoms.

But my leaky gut is cured and I no longer get food reactions…and that is a major accomplishment in itself. That means I really did a good job healing myself and this monster is in its last throes. I feel 90% good most of the time instead of 10% or 1% when I started the diet.

I don’t believe that eating this much meat (5.5 pounds per week) is overdoing it as far as feeding the candida; this is something that I feel is debeateble. It’s only one serving per day. I mean, if I were to stop eating meat for a few months…would that cure me? I certainly don’t think so; I don’t think it’d solve my problems. It could help possibly but its the only factor in my recovery.

I feel that the burden I am putting on my lungs is my culprit and look forward to quitting in the following months. I am getting married soon so its a tough time to try to do something like that. However I just switched to “ultra lights” so I am a step closer to getting there. I have never smoked ultra lights in the last 12 years I have smoked.

-raster

Marbro

@Able I felt bad and regretted my earlier post I wrote to you. It was confrontational and seved no good purpose. I am glad that I was able to connect with you in a positive way so that you understand where I’m coming from even I I am wrong about it. Damn If I talked like that in the past maybe I would still be married lol. I think I am growing up a little.

I could do more to steer folks on the right path and not off it like me. It’s somethin I’ll work on. I know you put a tremendous amount o your time tryin to help people then some bad apple like me comes along rebelling and making things more difficult. I do appreciate your patience.

@ raster j just talked you up on how j want to be where you are in he diet and here you are pumping massive amounts of chemicals into your body via smoking. Please look into natural tabacco and not name brand sits. At least it will reduce the amount of processed junk you are Inhailing.

Being a diehard smoker myself for many years I won’t bother trying to get you to quit. It will come down to you making that choice and hopefully some close friends and family to support you.

My brother quit and instead if givin him support I stressed him out and he is now smoking again. I don’t blame myself but I didn’t help either.

Edit. I use a iPod to post sometimes and it can be a pain to type. It autocorrects stuff when I don’t wan it to and it doesn’t when i néed it to. I apologies for the poor grammar. That and having to try and get the security image right everytime I edit an post can be a pain. I gave up on my droid.

nikki
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 136

that means, I will need to reduce the chicken….
    will work towards that…

may be i will increase the coconut bread…

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

raster wrote: Just to recap here; no I haven’t cured my infestation completely because I still have undigested food that turns up in my stool, I still have parasites that will never go away completely, and I still smoke, and I still don’t feel 100%. I am not going around saying I am cured; you were the one that declared that when I posted that one time that I ate a hamburger and felt nothing as far as symptoms.

But my leaky gut is cured and I no longer get food reactions…and that is a major accomplishment in itself. That means I really did a good job healing myself and this monster is in its last throes. I feel 90% good most of the time instead of 10% or 1% when I started the diet.

I don’t believe that eating this much meat (5.5 pounds per week) is overdoing it as far as feeding the candida; this is something that I feel is debeateble. It’s only one serving per day. I mean, if I were to stop eating meat for a few months…would that cure me? I certainly don’t think so; I don’t think it’d solve my problems. It could help possibly but its the only factor in my recovery.

I feel that the burden I am putting on my lungs is my culprit and look forward to quitting in the following months. I am getting married soon so its a tough time to try to do something like that. However I just switched to “ultra lights” so I am a step closer to getting there. I have never smoked ultra lights in the last 12 years I have smoked.

-raster

As someone who smoked (a lot!) and quit about 10 years ago just wanted to say that switching to ultra lights is the best you did. I did that while my ex husband didn’t. I went from Camel ultra lights to no cigaret ever again, and he went from Marlboro red to none and in few months he was back on it. If you are on ultra lights the only other thing you have to get over when quitting is the habit as there will be little or no nicotine addiction left.

I will not preach as you don’t need it. You already admitted that you should be quitting so just work towards that goal when you are ready. I nagged on my ex (we were still married) because I couldn’t quit unless he did it with me (can’t have someone smoking in house while you are trying to quit) and he would not go for it. I finally switched to ultra lights and shut up about it. Then one day we were driving and he just said out of the blue: “What do you think about us quitting once we finish what we purchased?” I guess at that point he was ready.

Good luck and hope you are ready for this big step soon, but it’s up to you to decide 🙂

Arijana

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘10 lb Chicken/week – Is that too much?’ is closed to new replies.