10 days into candida diet and detox symptoms are still awful

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions 10 days into candida diet and detox symptoms are still awful

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  JessG828 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

JessG828
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

I began this candida diet on Saturday June 13. So I am a few hours into day 10. To help with getting the toxins out of my body (besides sweating, elimination and lots of water) I’ve also been getting a foot detox. Is it normal to still feel awful 10 days into it? I’ve had a fever since Monday June 15 on top of the aches/pains, headaches, mood swings, skin breakouts, largely swollen lymph nodes, etc. Most mornings I wish for death because I feel that awful. I’m 33 and this is my first detox of any kind so I understand it is going to be pretty bad getting my body right after 33 years of unclean eating. My fever gets so high that I HAVE to take advil or ibuprofen to bring it down just to be able to function somewhat. Despite the detox symptoms I’ve stuck to the list of things I’m allowed to eat. (I surprised myself because the old me would have given up 2 days into the fever). I’m going on vacation in 20 days and don’t want to ruin my vacation by feeling bad. What is the longest anyone has ever had terrible detox symptoms for? I’m hoping there is light at the end of this exhausted tunnel soon :-/

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

What are you doing to detox and what antifungals are you taking? Did you transition into the diet full bore or transition into it slowly?

If you want to feel less bad I would consider stopping antifungals if you are taking any.

-raster

JessG828
    Participant

I have not begun taking a specific anti-fungal yet. (It is ordered, but has not arrived yet). I have been taking garlic which I had read had anti-fungal properties. So far the only thing I have done is changed my diet to the things on the “can eat” lists that I’ve compared between a few books. I’ve also started dry skin brushing (which I had never heard of before).

raster
    Participant

So what are you taking to detox? Are you just doing the diet by itself then and no supplements?

-raster

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 268

You mentioned the “foot detox”. Is that the Aqua Detox treatment, like in these links?
    http://www.aquadetoxusa.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/RevitalizeAquadetox

Rabelais

JessG828
    Participant

raster: Correct, so far just doing the diet by itself. One of the candida diet books I’ve read had a 2-phase approach. First 10 days to 2 weeks just the diet,…. Phase 2 adds the supplements. Provided I don’t still feel terrible, I’ll likely start the supplements at the end of this week.

Rabelais: Yes like the aqua detox treatments in those links. I just had another one last night. Sooooo much yeast came out. My reflexologist said she’s only ever worked on one other person who was detoxing as severely as I am.

raster
    Participant

Well it sounds like you need a detox plan:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forums/topic/die-off-remedies-post-51/

-raster

JessG828
    Participant

Thanks for the link raster. I’m glad to read that I’m already doing many of those things. I can’t imagine how much worse I would feel if I wasn’t already drinking lots of water, taking the milk thistle, and doing things to sweat. I’m also doing dry skin brushing and the foot/aqua thing I mentioned earlier. I may try adding a few of the other suggestions just to alleviate even more. Thanks again!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘10 days into candida diet and detox symptoms are still awful’ is closed to new replies.