1 week in and struggling SO badly – some tips please

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions 1 week in and struggling SO badly – some tips please

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TheChosenOne 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #111642

    ants
    Member
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 18

    Hey guys,

    I’m on the candida diet currently (have had facial flushing ever since taking antibiotics / stain on tongue ) I have no idea if candida is my issue but I’m following the diet for 6 weeks. This whole no sugar, dairy, grains, coffee, tea, alcohol fruit etc is SO effing difficult.

    I’m currently eating lots of salmon, chicken, turkey, lamb, buckwheat, vegetables etc and it’s driving me crazy (actually getting really angry around dinner time knowing my dinner is going to be tasteless once again.

    I’m just asking you guys for some motivation – I know some of you have been on it for 6+ months which I can’t even begin to imagine. Please note I avoid eggs so this makes it kinda tough.

    I keep telling myself this is short term and there’s a slim chance it might improve you in the long term, just stick it out and stop being pathetic…

    7 days down – 32 to go. Urgh.

    Quick question – is this hummus okay?

    Cooked chick peas (43%), rapeseed oil, water, tahini (14%) (sesame seed paste), concentrated lemon juice, salt, garlic, Cooked chick peas contain water, chick peas

    Thanks for any replies.

    #111647

    TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

    ants;50163 wrote: I’m currently eating lots of salmon, chicken, turkey, lamb, buckwheat, vegetables etc and it’s driving me crazy (actually getting really angry around dinner time knowing my dinner is going to be tasteless once again.

    I’m just asking you guys for some motivation – I know some of you have been on it for 6+ months which I can’t even begin to imagine. Please note I avoid eggs so this makes it kinda tough.

    Lamb is not allowed.
    Why do you avoid eggs? Are you allergic?
    You may add a lot of spices and salt to your food. I think my food is delicious.

    Spices that are safe:
    Allspice
    Anise
    Basil
    Bay leaf
    Cardamom
    Cilantro (Coriander)
    Cinnamon
    Cloves
    Cumin
    Curry
    Dried onion
    Fennel
    Ginger
    Garlic
    Nutmeg
    Oregano
    Parsley
    Turmeric
    Thyme
    Rosemary
    Vanilla (bean only)

    ants;50163 wrote: Quick question – is this hummus okay?

    Cooked chick peas (43%), rapeseed oil, water, tahini (14%) (sesame seed paste), concentrated lemon juice, salt, garlic, Cooked chick peas contain water, chick peas

    Thanks for any replies.

    I would avoid chick peas.

    #111648

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    If you don’t have a history of preparing food and making in the kitchen…suddenly doing it can potentially be difficult.

    Preparing each and every meal every day can sorta suck if you don’t like it, so there are ways to reduce the amount of cooking you do.

    Examples:
    -Soup: Make some soup that will last about a few weeks if you eat it a few times per week. For instance, prepare 12 servings of soup and eat it 3 days per week for 4 weeks.
    -Smoothies: Make some smoothies with kefir, celery, hemp seeds, some berries, kale, fresh almond milk, etc (this requires a machine that will do it for you).
    -Breads: Make a few loafs of one of the breads in the recipes section. Make a teff/buckhweat bread and a coconut bread for instance,…snack on it throughout the week and use coconut oil as a butter replacement.

    *Shy away from leftovers as much as possible other than the breads because the older it is the more bad stuff thats in it.

    Check out this link for ways to detox:
    http://drlwilson.com/detox_protocols.htm

    Support your liver with herbs if possible or sweat out the toxins!

    -raster

    #111663

    ants
    Member
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 18

    Don’t quite understand the whole lamb thing not being allowed. Says it’s fine on the site here. Read some people avoid it due to ammonia build up after?

    Going to continue eating it, there’s a lot more people saying to do so than to not…quite frankly, I’m getting ****** off with all the contradictory information online, as long as I’m veering away from sugar, I’m happy.

    Thanks for the advice Raster, is there any chance you could please check my other thread on here re greek yoghurt and kefir?

    Thanks so much.

    #111665

    TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

    ants;50184 wrote: Don’t quite understand the whole lamb thing not being allowed. Says it’s fine on the site here. Read some people avoid it due to ammonia build up after?

    Going to continue eating it, there’s a lot more people saying to do so than to not…quite frankly, I’m getting ****** off with all the contradictory information online, as long as I’m veering away from sugar, I’m happy.

    Thanks for the advice Raster, is there any chance you could please check my other thread on here re greek yoghurt and kefir?

    Thanks so much.

    It’s because a lot of people do other kinds or less strict diets.
    On the strict diet, only fish, chicken or turkey are allowed. But I don’t think it’s as bad as beef or pork.

    #111696

    Bansaw
    Participant
    Topics: 50
    Replies: 106

    I’m having lamb no problems. There’s a great lamb/coconut curry recipe on this site which I make every week. In fact its the best thing on this diet.
    My wife is Korean and so she gets inventive for me. I’ve had Kimchi fried rice (fry with coconut oil), I’ve had a kind of a California roll thing made with brown rice. Kinda nice. My wife makes shrimp fried rice and I get Coconut Aminos which is a kind of a soy sauce which adds a lot of flavour.

    And I’ve looked at some Indian curry type dishes. If you get inventive you can make some pretty tasty stuff.
    Oat bran with coconut milk and Xylitol as a sweetner is a good breakfast for me. I’ve been pretty strict on the diet and done it for about 14 weeks so far. I’m not that bored with it yet. Just been inventive. I tend to avoid pork if I can.

    God bless you, and give you endurance and strength.

    #111847

    ants
    Member
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 18

    11 days in and I give up. **** this diet.

    #111848

    TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

    ants;50368 wrote: 11 days in and I give up. **** this diet.

    What’s your backup plan?

    #111850

    ants
    Member
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 18

    I don’t even know if I have candida dude, I have facial flushing after applying Benzoyl Proxide on my face for 2 years. I did have antibiotics and do have a stain on my tongue but will continue to eat healthy and take my probiotics / antifungals. I just can’t do this diet, it’s actually upsetting me. My backup plan? V-beam which destroys blood vessels on your face so blood doesn’t rush to them. I have so much respect for anyone who can follow a candida diet.

    #111856

    TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

    ants;50371 wrote: I don’t even know if I have candida dude, I have facial flushing after applying Benzoyl Proxide on my face for 2 years. I did have antibiotics and do have a stain on my tongue but will continue to eat healthy and take my probiotics / antifungals. I just can’t do this diet, it’s actually upsetting me. My backup plan? V-beam which destroys blood vessels on your face so blood doesn’t rush to them. I have so much respect for anyone who can follow a candida diet.

    The fact that you are upset is probably die off.

    You can always try a less strict diet. I’d suggest a lot of meat and veggies. Sometimes a bit of fruit.
    LOTS of probiotics (kefir) and antifungals. Starches like coconut flour, oat bran, buckwheat and also long brown rice. Avoid all kinds of bread, pasta, …
    Don’t eat any sugars or sweeteners (except stevia).

    I think this may be doable.

    In the meantime, try to figure out whether you have candida or not.
    This V-beam ‘treatment’ looks a bit destructive imo.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘1 week in and struggling SO badly – some tips please’ is closed to new replies.