1 month, 3 weeks in

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals 1 month, 3 weeks in

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Nat
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 12

So I’m at the very end stages of my diet and the cravings are kicking in worse than ever. I was never addicted to chocolate, but now I can’t stop thinking about it. I worry about what is going to happen once I finish. Although I feel better and the diet has helped me get rid of symptoms I’ve had (unrelated to Candida), the Candida infection itself has not disappeared. I still get vaginal discharge every day. I’m just thinking that I might abandon the diet. It should have cleared up by now, right?

rdj123
    Topics: 7

I’m at about the same spot you are. I was hoping to stop after 2 months but still having symptoms. I wish I knew how much longer. I think if I knew I was only a month away I could do it but what if I’m another 6 months or a yr away. The uncertainty is killing me. I keep telling myself that I’m almost there but soon I’m going to stop believing myself.

They say wait two months and then see how you feel but for me it’s tough to know. As long as I keep havig die off symptoms how will I know when I’m done?

msmofish
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 96

hi
    we suffer from a very pernicious fungus that won’t give up. From what I’ve read here on the forum it takes 6-18 months to be symptom free
    And from what I’ve read here, if you go back to your old diet before you are symptom free the candida infestation comes back worse than ever.

Don’t give up before the miracle happens !

good luck to all
    best
    Mo

msmofish
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 96

Nat

I know how you feel rdj13- the uncertainty is the worst!
    Msmofish thanks for the reply. I think it’s time for another appointment with my naturopath. I have never increased my dosage of antifungals or probiotics so at least I’m not failing there!

Cheers

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Nat;46871 wrote: So I’m at the very end stages of my diet …

the Candida infection itself has not disappeared. I still get vaginal discharge every day.

It should have cleared up by now, right?

It’s apparent that you still have the Candida overgrowth.
    How long have you been on your diet? And what foods are you eating?

I’m just thinking that I might abandon the diet.

Do you think that would help?

Nat

Hi Able, I am almost 2 months in now and according to Lisa Richards’ program that should be the end of the diet. My diet generally looks like this (dinner varies each day)

– breakfast: oat bran or eggs with coconut bread
    – recess: no-fat yoghurt with flax seeds or almonds. Sometimes seaweed. Sometimes avocado dip
    – lunch: ready for this.. a salad. A boring salad. Occasionally I’ll have quinoa with breast chicken… but that depends on dinner leftovers
    – afternoon: almond butter brownies or pumpin seeds or more coconut bread
    – dinner: this varies. If I’m unprepared it’ll be quinoa with chicken and broccoli. I usually end up steaming veggies and making a couple eggs, or an omelette with quinoa / oregano + olive oil. Soba noodles and seaweed is another treat. Chicken curry is also good (with coconut milk and cumin/ garam masala etc). I am not good at cooking so my meals are very basic.

In response to your second question, I think it’d be better to ask if it would make it worse. I have started reintroducing minor foods and haven’t noticed a change in symptoms. I’ve obviously benefited a lot from the diet, but it hasn’t gotten rid of the problem. So I don’t know the answer!

Cheers,
    Nat

DaughterNature
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 82

Hi Nat,

You might want to try the Protocol diet. It is much more strict but I have felt positive results in each week. You’d definitely have to cut out cheat foods like cheesecake for quite a while but in my case healing is the priority.

I wish you good health!

Nat

Haha thankfully I don’t regularly cheat on cheesecake, I’ve just broken once. What is the protocol diet? I’d hate to see anything that’s stricter than what I’m currently on. I’ve lost way too much weight already and people say I look malnourished (even though I feel really good). Sigh…

DaughterNature

Ugh! I understand your struggle. I went from 120 to 106 in a few short weeks and all the sudden I had an “eating disorder” as my father says. People don’t understand that this weight loss is just part of the process of healing for most people. I am so glad you are feeling better–even with the non-strict diet. Contact Able900 for the Protocol. It is a recommendation for candida sufferers based on what others have done to cure their infestations. Able cured himself using the supplements and foods listed. It is a bit pricy to start but I find myself spending less money on eating out, meat, and other things that the diet does not allow.

Before you give up, I want you to try the strict diet for 3 weeks. It is a long time considering that you want to give up the less complex diet from the website. I used to have a discharge all the time but after starting the protocol the discharge and even the itching (which I’ve had since I can remember) went away after 2 weeks. It’s an investment of $$ and willpower but I think you’d be impressed by the results.

By the way, I now weigh 115 lbs, I work out, and I have so much energy. I feel like I “know” my body now…

I hope you do it!

Nat

Hmm okay, I’ll give it a go. What’s another 3 weeks right? Thank you very much for the recommendation!

DaughterNature

If you want to you can keep me posted and we can complain about how much things suck. I still have frequent bloating and whatnot. If you know a trick to combat that feel free to share.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Nat;46919 wrote: Haha thankfully I don’t regularly cheat on cheesecake, I’ve just broken once. What is the protocol diet? I’d hate to see anything that’s stricter than what I’m currently on. I’ve lost way too much weight already and people say I look malnourished (even though I feel really good). Sigh…

There are posts on the forum that cover almost any situation that may crop up with a Candida infestation.

Weight Loss – how can I stop it?

Able

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘1 month, 3 weeks in’ is closed to new replies.