Heres some tips for strawberries… make sure you check them very throughly for mold and defects when you buy. buy locally if you can, and they will last longer.
To make them last longer, as soon you get them dry them off with a towel or paper towel, then put it in a bowl with plastic wrap. Do not cut them.
Right before you eat them rinse with water, and wipe again with a paper towel.. this cleans them much better than just running them under water. Make sure you dont eat the tops, they are not clean… but dont cut them off either because it will instantly kill vitamin c (they taught me this in nutrition course).
One more thing… make sure you eat some raw veggies after you eat the strawberries… this is a must because once the acid breaks down the toxins, you need fibre to push them out. It also acts like a sponge to the fungus, and the veggies will bring your stomach acid back to a normal level. I just found out strawberries dont have lactic acid in them… they have 5 different kinds of acids though which is what cleans you out.