Doggiemama wrote: Silver Dollar Pancakes
· 3 large eggs
· 1 tablespoon water
· 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
· 2 tablespoons xylitol
· 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
· 1/4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
· 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
· grapeseed oil, for cooking (or for Paleo use coconut oil)
1. In a large bowl whisk together eggs, water, vanilla and agave
2. Add almond flour, salt and baking soda and mix until thoroughly combined
3. Heat grapeseed oil on skillet over medium to medium high heat
4. Scoop 1 heaping tablespoon of batter at a time onto the skillet
5. Pancakes will form little bubbles, when bubbles open, flip pancakes over and cook other side
6. Remove from heat to a plate
7. Repeat process with remaining batter, add more oil to skillet as needed
Make sure to let your batter set up for 15 minutes before making the pancakes; this way it will thicken and the baking soda can have time to activate which will make the pancakes fluffier and easier to turn.
Keep these pancakes small, silver dollar sized to not more than 2 inches in diameter
Many have inquired as to whether altitude has an impact on this recipe, however I’ve made it at sea level on each coast, as well as here in Boulder, so I can tell you that this is not an issue
Thank you very much for the recipe.
I can’t wait to make sone delicious pancakes.