Cora wrote: I am very new to all of this. I just started the Candida diet 5 days ago. I have suffered for the past 2 years with fungal infections and vaginal infections that won’t get better with prescriptions meds. My doctor basically doesn’t know how to help me and even said so. I have also suffered extreme exahustion, anxiety, depression, mood swings, well…the list goes on. I have diagnosed myself with Candida and have decided this is my last hope for a normal life (the one I have is being ruined and has for a very long time.)
First, I am a recovering carb junkie. I am finding this diet so hard for me. Are there any links I could find that have good recipes and snack ideas? I just don’t know what to make without having the same thing over and over. and I miss snacking.
2) I read that plain yogurt was okay and even a good idea. But while happily eating my non fat plain yogurt today I noticed it has 17 grams sugar per 8 oz! How can this be okay? Can I have it or not?
3) Can you tell me if you honestly have cured your canidia problem? Have you had fungal infections clear up by following this plan and taking anti-fungals? I honestly am feeling sort of hopeless and would love to hear of some successes.
4) How long were you eating no sugar/no carb before you A) noticed a difference in your health, and B) experienced some die off stmptoms to let you know it was working?
Thank you so much in advance
1. Just head over to the recipe sections of the website, be careful though as I know alot of members(myself included) are following an even stricter version of the diet.
2. I have never been sold on yogurt and have always had reactions to even plain yogurt. Like you said, it contains 17 grams of sugar which in the lactose form is going to feed yeast. Plus you can buy much stronger probiotics than what yogurt contains.
3. I havent completely cured myself but have been on some version of the diet since February 2011. I had a major setback in January 2012 and totally relapsed but have been back on a program since then and while im not cured I feel significantly better. It takes time but the diet, along with anti-fungals, and probiotics will help you start feeling better.
4. I would say about 2 months this time before I started noticing the symptoms getting better. The die-off is almost immediatly from my experience.
The program works but you have to keep in mind it takes dedication and discipline. This isnt something you are going to knock out over the weekend or anything. By most accounts I have read it takes 8-12 months to be completely symptom free.