1. Yes, it very much sounds like candida overgrowth. In order to control your vaginal yeast infections you need to change the flora of the gut or heal the inside of the body first in order for it to go away. The itching is also another very common symptom of candida. Do you have a white tongue? This is another symptom that often coincides with the others…same with headaches, etc. One alternative possibility is parasites…we all have them but at different levels.
2. I personally decided it wasn’t worth getting a test to diagnose it because the tests can be inconclusive and it is expensive and isn’t covered by insurance. I also personally felt that I needed to make a lifestyle change because I was harming my body via the foods I once ate. Everyone has different opinions of course; some people want scientific evidence that they are ill, but I personally just go with how awful I feel and my history of antibiotic use.
3. You could be passing it back and forth but so could everyone else on the diet. I wouldn’t worry about it too much because everyone has candida in their bodies…just at different levels. If he has taken antibiotics in the past, he could have it as well. Taking a drug isn’t going to cure anyone alone.
4. I know of one in my state that heals people around the world from china to brazil. I can send his contact info if needed.
5. Everyone at the minimum needs vitamins and minerals for general health. This applies to candida but also to general health. If you want to beat candida; combine the vitamins with probiotics and antifungals and you got a general good plan to get better. There’s a few ways to tweak what you take but it typically involves a naturopathic doctor’s knowledge to decide whats best for you and your symptoms. For instance, if you had seizures you’d take different herbs/vitamins. If you have a bunch of gas or adrenal problems…this requires completely different supplements. Same for thyroid, kidney, and liver issues.
6. It probably set you back a few weeks to a few days at the most but I wouldn’t worry about it too much since you are basically starting over again. You don’t need to do the cleanse more than once and the forum diet is highly recommended.
7. Everyone is different and it depends on how ill you are and how damaged your organs are from the toxins, etc. (a lifetime of treating your body badly). For me at the 1 year 2 month mark I can almost basically eat whatever I want without too much detriment. I just has to be rather careful and balance the bad with the good.
8. While I haven’t “cured” candida, I basically eat a bunch more fruit at the moment and occasional rice and cheat food items like wheat, hamburgers, etc. Able is one who went to a rather healthy diet and hasn’t had any symptoms return. A lot of people don’t come back to the forum to tell us their experience.
9. I would consider consulting a GI doctor and a naturopathic doctor who can heal you holistically.
If you want to reverse your health; taking vitamins and minerals at the minimum will aid you. Taking probiotics on top of this with organic food at the minimum will heal you. Acupuncture can heal you. There’s a lot you can do to reverse your health you just need a good general plan on how to get better.