Home › The Candida Forum › Candida Questions › If you had Candida overgrowth, would you have fast bad reaction to certain foods? › Reply To: If you had Candida overgrowth, would you have fast bad reaction to certain foods?
Many people with candida are also sensitive to moldy foods. Walnuts are a moldy food! That’s why the recommendation is to soak nuts, especially walnuts. You might be better off sticking to sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, macadamia nuts, and almonds. Those are all much less moldy than walnuts, cashews, and pecans. The worst moldy nuts are peanuts and pistachios. Hope it helps!
Oh, and yes, the reaction could be very quick. Food/mold sensitivities can be noticeable anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 days after you actually eat the food.