Reply To: High pH water and Candida?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions High pH water and Candida? Reply To: High pH water and Candida?

#122251

Rabelais
Blocked
Topics: 3
Replies: 268


You raise several points. I will try to address them one by one. If I forget something that’s important for you, please let me know, and I’ll try to answer as best as I can.

Your first point is the high pH of your water. This will not affect your body. The only effect it will have is that the stomach must work a bit harder to ensure its contents stay very acid.

Let’s look at what happens. You drink the alkaline water. The water enters your stomach. One of the stomach’s tasks is to maintain a very acid environment. This means that if you drink alkaline water and thus reduce the acidity of the stomach, the stomach will have to work harder to neutralise the alkalinity of the water and get back to a very acid environment.

The muscle at the exit of the stomach will stay contracted (closing the stomach’s exit) as long as the stomach’s contents are not very acid. So the stomach will produce additional acid to undo the effects of the alkaline water. Only some time after the stomach has reached its normal, very high acidity will the muscle relax to let the acid contents leave the stomach and enter the intestines (where the acidity will be reduced – but that’s a different topic).

You also mention that the alkalinisation unit “puts the minerals back in”. That’s only logical: it just has to do that.

That’s because alkaline water is alkaline for the very reason that it contains an overdose of OH- ions. OH- ions are negative by nature. The negative charge must be counterbalanced by some form of positive charge. This positive charge comes from positive metal ions – be they Na+ (sodium), K+ (potassium), Mg2+ (magnesium) or whatever other metal ion.

This means that something that he says is a plus for his equipment, is in reality something that’s dictated by the laws of chemistry. Any equipment that produces alkaline water just has to do the very same thing.

Then you mention litmus paper, which is said “not to accurately measure the pH of water that is exposed to air”. This statement is true – in a way.

Litmus paper does not necessarily accurately measure the pH of water. That’s because the pH of water changes as soon as it is exposed to air. This change is caused by CO2 from the air entering the water (in case the original water contained almost no CO2), or by CO2 from the water escaping into the air (in case the original water contained an overdose of CO2).

So: the pH of the water may change when it is exposed to air, depending on the CO2 content of the water. After all, more CO2 means a lower pH, and less CO2 means a higher pH.

The litmus paper will accurately measure the (new) pH of the water. This is good. In fact, it is exactly what you want, because the water you drink is necessarily exposed to air.

The story about the pH of a snake bite is nonsense. Snake bites are toxic because they contain neurotoxins. The pH of a snake’s venom is not relevant. First, it is quickly diluted in the blood. Second, blood has excellent buffering capacity, so the pH of the snake venom will not have a measurable influence.

The same is true for alkaline water or vegetables, and for acid water or meat. All pass through the stomach, which carefully maintains its normal pH, independent of what you eat or drink. The pH of your food does not influence the pH of any cell in your body.

Your final remark is about water which is said to help in removing CO2 from the blood. That’s commercial nonsense. CO2 is removed from the blood in the lungs. Water neither helps nor inhibits your respiration.

These are my thoughts about this subject. If you have any questions, or if you would like some clarifications, please let me know.

Rabelais