I just tried this recipe – not bad at all, just a little bland alone. Sure it isn’t real bread, but a welcome change to a relative newbie to the candida diet.
I did adjust slightly:
– added 1 tsp baking powder (aluminum free)
– also added a bit of nutmeg (didn’t measure, as I just just grated from whole nutmeg) didn’t taste it the bread, so may add a bit more next time
– I baked @ 350 for 45 mins. I may try it @ 40 mins next time, as it was a tad dry – but not overly so. I think if I left it in for an hour in my oven, it would be super dry.
– it was also kind of a small loaf (I used a 9 x 5 x 2.5 bread pan) – so I may increase ingredients slightly next time too.
I tried a few different toppings:
1) coconut oil – was ok, nothing exciting.
2) homemade kefir cheese (kind of looks like cream cheese) with chives, cayenne and fresh ground pepper – really good!
3) ACV mustard – also quite good