Faith, if you’re breaking the vitamin A pill in half, you’re taking the wrong kind. Vitamin A should be in gel form just like E and D should. I also explained that A & D can be purchased together in one gel cap.
But, now I really do want to know if it’s okay to take that much A, E & D on top of what I take in the morning.
All three of these vitamins are important. The vitamin protocol tells you to always take A & D together and at the same time as they depend on each other for absorption. I just copied the following from the vitamin protocol post.
“DO NOT take A or D unless you can take both as they depend on each other for balance and absorption.”
Read the section on A, D, and E again if you want to.
I would stop taking the A until you can get the correct ones meaning A & D together in a gel cap.
As far as your hair is concerned: yes, I suspect that you have a thyroid problem as well just as I suspect that most of the members on the forum have a thyroid problem just as I did. It’s almost impossible to have an actual Candida infestation without also having thyroid problems.
Candida can cause either hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism. Hyperthyroidism happens when the thyroid gland does not make enough thyroid hormone, and hhypothyroidism is basically an over production of thyroid hormone.
Symptoms of Hypothyroidism are:
• Weight gain or increased difficulty losing weight
• Coarse, dry hair
• Dry, rough pale skin
• Hair loss
• Cold intolerance (you can’t tolerate cold temperatures like those around you)
• Muscle cramps and frequent muscle aches
• Memory loss
• Abnormal menstrual cycles
• Decreased libido
The most common of the above symptoms are hair loss, extreme fatigue, and cold intolerance.
Symptoms of Hyperthyroidism are:
• Sudden weight loss, even when your appetite and diet remain normal or even increase
• Rapid heartbeat — commonly more than 100 beats a minute — irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia) or pounding of your heart (palpitations)
• Increased appetite
• Nervousness, anxiety and irritability
• Tremor — usually a fine trembling in your hands and fingers
• Changes in menstrual patterns
• Increased sensitivity to heat
• Changes in bowel patterns, especially more frequent bowel movements
• An enlarged thyroid gland (goiter), which may appear as a swelling at the base of your neck
• Fatigue, muscle weakness
• Difficulty sleeping
The most common of the above symptoms are rapid heartbeat, nervousness, and weight loss.
Unfortunately, a lot of these symptoms also are the same symptoms of a Candida infestation including hair loss.
If you think your thyroid is abnormally low or high, seeing a physician or an endocrinologist is not a bad idea.
Faith, are you taking an iodine supplement? This is something you should do if you’re not already and if you’re using sea salt without iodine. “Liqui-Kelp” made by World Organic is a quality brand and sold at most health and vitamin stores.