I suppose you could just say ‘it depends’. Everybody’s biochemistry is unique and there are a lot of factors that could influence a candida overgrowth. Maybe some of these?
– What was the condition of the gut flora prior to treatment?
– How well was digestion functioning prior to treatment (any constipation, leaky gut, stomach acid deficiency)?
– Was there any undiagnosed dysbiosis or candida overgrowth?
– What was the condition of the immune system and the liver?
– Was a healthy diet maintained before, during or after treatment?
– Was stress a factor before, during or after treatment?
– Any other illnesses, viruses etc?
– How broad spectrum was the antibiotic?
– What dosage was taken and for how long?
– Were probiotics taken during or after treatment?
There are probably plenty more. I guess you could say lifestyle would be one of the most important things. If the antibiotic was strong enough or taken for long enough without probiotics and a strict diet, then I think it’s almost inevitable to end up with candida or dysbiosis of some kind.