I’m fairly new to the forum and recently started the diet (a combo of the strict/website version and no detox/cleanse). Only green vegetables, water, lemons, and have to add eggs/chicken/tuna/avocado to prevent the weight loss – one week and I’m already down 10 lbs – I can’t afford to lose another 10 next week.
The reason I thought I had candida was mainly because of terrible stomach pains I had as child that went away in my twenties and came back in the last year or so (I’m now 34) that included leg cramping, sweats, narrowed vision. I kept a food journal and couldn’t relate the pain to any particular food items.
When I came across this site I saw candida symptoms additionally such as depression, lethargy, inability to focus/concentrate, and thought this might be the underlying cause I’ve been searching for for the last 15 years of my life.
In the last week, I’ve only experienced extreme exhaustion as what I would consider my die-off symptoms, one headache, and one stomach ache. My concern is that I’m not experiencing MORE symptoms (I know, it’s crazy). I know that due to the rapid weight loss I will feel lack of energy, but are there people out there that have no symptoms? I have just received my shipment of Molybdenum, but haven’t opened it yet due to lack of symptoms. And this is also making me pause to consider if I have candida overgrowth? The spit test (tho I know it is unreliable at best) was night and day between my husband and myself – his stayed crystal clear in water, like the holy grail of saliva, and mine was a writhing mass of cloudy tentacles which convinced me to start the diet. We have been together for 4.5 years and eat the exact same meals/food day in day out.
So long story short, my concerns are these:
1) I’m still losing weight in spite of having to add chicken/eggs/tuna/avocado too early in the diet
2) Why don’t I have more symptoms – does this mean it is not candida OR am I not actually starving it because I’m eating chicken/tuna on a daily basis?
3) Will the extreme exhaustion only go away after I can up my daily calories to more then I expend – or is it a symptom of die off?
– birth control pill age 13 to 31
– anti-depressants age 19 to 31
– diagnosed with Celiacs 4 years ago (no visible energy changes since starting the diet)
– first child born June 2011 (had thrush while breastfeeding for almost 2 months)
Let me say that the amount of information on this forum is overwhelming, a big thank you to all who have contributed – especially helping others get started on this new path.