slowsmile;30924 wrote: The following remedy or protocol is what I still use — together with my own Anti-Candida Protocol shown in this link — when candida sufferers also have GERD or reflux problems. I’ve used this cure quite successfully many times. The full explanation as to why it works is given below.
The GERD/Reflux Cure
If your doctor has determined that your digestion problems are caused by high or excess stomach acid without having the proper tests, then he or she is just assuming, perhaps incorrectly, that you have excess stomach acid problems. It’s generally true to say that 80% – 90% of all reflux problems are actually caused by too little stomach acid. I have helped many people with candida problems and many of them had reflux problems. In all instances, I advised that they had too little stomach acid and successfully helped them recover the same way. Here are my detailed reasons for doing this. See this link:
Doctors always advise PPIs for bad reflux because that’s what the Merck Medical Manual, their medical bible, tells them to do. However, it’s far more sensible to have either a Heidelberg pH Test(invasive) or a blood, hair and urine analysis(non-invasive) to accurately determine and confirm whether you have too much or too little stomach acid.
The main remedy for to little stomach acid is to take betaine hydrochloride and protease enzymes (that contain pancreatin, chemotrypsin, bromelain and papain) with other supporting nutrients.
By way of further description:
* When food enters the stomach, the hydrochloric acid secreted by the stomach normally works to kill all the bacteria and the protein-digesting stomach enzymes(pepsin) partially digest the food with the muscles around the stomach helping to mash and breakup the food. The purpose of this stage is to fully prepare the food for the next stage — main stage duodenal digestion in the upper intestines.
* When the stomach acid is at the correct strength — and only when it is at the right acid strength — a hormone is released into the blood called secretin which in turn triggers the secretion of the pancreatic enzymes in a solution of bicarbonate(alkaline) into the duodenum for main stage digestion.
* If the stomach acid or food chyme mixture in the stomach is not at the correct acid strength (low acid) then the pancreatic enzymes and juices will not be triggered and released for main stage digestion(which must be alkaline to neutral for the enzymes to work properly) in the duodenum and the acid food mixture (chyme) will just sit there in the duodenum stagnating, rotting and fast breeding bad pathogens with associated dysbiosis and spread of pathogens into the upper intestines leading to further fungal and bacterial problems later. This also causes reflux.
* Another twist to this problem is if your body also lacks bicarbonates. As already described, your pancreas needs stores of bicarbonates to neutralize the acid food mix or chyme coming into the duodenum from the stomach. So if you are lacking bicarbonate stores in the pancreas, the acid food passing into the duodenum will not be neutralized and, again, acid intestine and reflux will be the result with further dysbiosis and pathogen spread.
* You must therefore insure that your stomach acid levels are at their correct high strength(pH must be between 1 – 3) and amounts for proper and complete digestion to occur
* You must have adequate stores of bicarbonates in the pancreatic juices to fully neutralize the acid chyme or food when it passes from the stomach into the duodenum for main stage digestion.
Here is the remedy:
Take this at mealtimes. You must find your own dosage in the following way. What you are doing is using the BH to up your acid strength and help to increase the stomach acid stores. Everyday take one extra pill at mealtimes until you get an acid or nauseous feeling. Then cut back on your dose by one or two tablets. Maintain this dose until you again feel acidic or nauseous — then cut back again. Do this until you no longer have to take the BH — in other words your stomach acid is now at the correct strength and you are cured.
To give you an idea, I’ve read about one lady who was took 7 betaine hydrochloride tablets at mealtimes — three times a day. She cured her stomach acid, reflux and digestion problems fairly quickly.
Take at least double the dose recommended at mealtimes. This aids proper digestion.
Sodium Bicarbonate(Baking Soda) and water
1/4 to 1/2 tspn of sodium bicarbonate(baking soda) in a half glass of water taken 1/2hr to 1 one hour after eating all meals is the remedy. This will ensure the correct alkaline medium for proper Main Stage digestion in the duodenum and will also help to up the bicarbonate stores in your pancreas and increase your blood and intestinal alkalinity to help fight candida.
Use magnesium chloride in the form of magnesium oil. Dosage is 8 drops in water at mealtimes. The chloride in magnesium chloride will aid in the production of stomach acid(hydrochloric acid)
As B50 or B100 complex. Take this everyday — this also helps digestion.
Regular dosage as advised. Iodine is also needed for proper stomach acid formation. Also kills bacteria/fungus/parasites. All good.
Supplies chlorides to help formation of stomach acid in the stomach. 1/2 tspn in a glass of water once a day outside mealtimes.
thanks for the useful info. I only wonder about taking the sodium bicarbonat. Is that not counter productive while fighting to low stomach acid?