I’m sorry I assumed incorrectly about your symptoms. I suppose my assumption came from the fact that we’ve heard from you less and less recently, and when that happens normally it’s because the person is seeing less symptoms and probably just doesn’t need to search out answers as often.
So it seems my assumption was really that you had begun the actual ‘cure’ part of the treatment. I’m sorry to see that I was wrong.
As far as why you still have the infestation to the degree that you do; I’ve been thinking about that since I read your post, and I remembered how long it took before you were actually ‘on the diet’ the way you should have been along. I’m sure you remember all the mistakes we found in the diet you were on. At any rate, you had a fairly bad case of Candida which you’d had for some time by the time we started the ‘real’ work on it, if I remember correctly. I’ve mentioned before, the longer you’ve had the infestation, the longer it will take for a cure.
I can only tell you what I would do if I were in your shoes, Katy. I don’t think you’re going to like some of this, but you know that I’m going to be honest with you.
1) I would remove the apple and small amounts of almonds you say you’re eating. Even a Granny Smith apple can feed the Candida – especially if you still have a large population of the fungi, and I’m convinced that all nuts contain a certain amount of mold which will only make the infestation worse.
2) I didn’t realize that you were still on a 50-billion count of the Ultimate Flora. This means you’re only receiving 10 different strains of beneficial bacteria. It’s important to move up to a higher count as well as a higher number of strains. If you change to a 80-billion count capsule, you’ll receive 14 different strains instead of just 10. After a few weeks on 2 capsules a day, I would move up to three if I were you, providing you’re not experiencing any die-off symptoms.
3) I remember one of the subjects we discussed was kefir, but I don’t remember you ever saying that you had decided to make your own. Did you decide to do this? If so, do you make it with the starter kits or the actual grains? Well fermented sauerkraut is another natural probiotic which is outstanding as a benficial bacteria supplier.
4) Feeding the beneficial bacteria is just as important as obtaining it in the first place. Foods that feed the bacteria are asparagus, garlic, onions, Jerusalem Artichokes, chicory root, brown rice bran four, broccoli, asparagus, avocados, and leeks.
Considering the long term effect, the more you feed the bacteria that are already in your system the better your flora will be. The reason I say this is because there are literally thousands of different beneficial strains of human flora. The cultured foods and probiotic supplements we take will never be able to replace all of these different strains. So the strains that are already there inhabiting the body still need to be fed in order to keep the numbers up.
You’re simply going to have to increase the number of beneficial bacteria in your system one way or another, as I’ve stated before, this will be your ultimate cure; the antifungals will only help to shorten the length of the treatment, and the diet will do the same by limiting their food supply, but neither the diet nor the antifungals will ever cure your infestation alone.
FYI: If you use half and half rice bran flour and coconut flour for your bread, it’ll be much better for you as far as the flora are concerned, and you shouldn’t feel as guilty about eating it since you’ll be feeding the bacteria at the same time.
5) Considering the length of time you’ve been on the diet, you could easily be taking 16 teaspoons of coconut oil and at least 14 drops of oil of oregano (it seems I remember Diane ending up with about 18 drops a day). I would work my way up to these amounts.
6) I would remove all red meat and concentrate on organic eggs for the most part, plus occasionally a chicken breast or very young fish such as herring (sardines).
A few questions if you don’t mind:
Are you using Himalayan sea salt?
What agent are you using to brush your teeth?
Are you on any type of medicines or other supplements? (please list if you are)