Well I have been doing some research on Methane producing bacteria, and I have some info that might be of interest to those with SIBO caused by excess Methane producing Bacteria (Called Methanogen from here on)
1. This link explains more about Methanogens and the process of producing Methane:
2. Apparently, the medical industry has made more advances regarding eliminating Methanogens in cattle than in humans ! 🙂
There are many links in the internet that talks about how antibiotics are used to kill these micro organisms!
3. There are some studies that show flavonoids could be used to kill these micro organisms.
Interestingly enough, here is a link that talks about Bee Propolis as an option (Apparently Bee Propolis is high in Flavonoids) :
4. Another product that contains high amounts of Flavonoids is peppermint gel which interestingly enough is a product used to treat SIBO!
If you read the link below, you can see it says that one of the components of Peppermint Gel is Flavonoids:
5. Here is the catch, not everyone can digest Flavonoids. I knew this from a previous research I had done while looking into different enzyme products. Another words, It is my belief(based on how good I feel when I take Phenol digesting enzymes with food) one can take all the Flavonoids that they want, if they don’t have the enzymes to digest it, it could cause bloating and gas due to indigestion of the Flavonoids itself.
The reason I think this is when I use this enzyme product, it helps me tremendously:
After my antibiotics are finished, I am gonna start using either Propolis or Peppermint Gel along with a Enzyme that can digest the Phenol in it! I am going to try this and see if I can help avoid re-occurrence.