Home › The Candida Forum › Candida Advice › 5 Most Important things you would tell someone new to candida-overgrowth › Reply To: 5 Most Important things you would tell someone new to candida-overgrowth
1. Diet won’t cure you, find the underlying cause and fix it. Candida is a opportunistic microbe, it wont go crazy unless something goes wrong in your body.
2. Don’t cut out sugar or carbs, but don’t overdo sugar. Cutting out carbs may help for a couple of months, but once candida adapts to fats it will become impossible to kill it while in ketosis. The trick is to cut back on foods that are toxic or create a heavier burden on your body, while still providing adequate nutrition.
3. Don’t believe everything someone else on the internet says, do your own research to confirm what they say is true. Don’t believe anyone who tells you that they cured themselves only by taking one miracle anti-fungal, they want your money.
4. The most common underlying cause of chronic candida is a suppressed immune system. Some causes are mercury and heavy metals, methylation(genetic) issues, accutane and ongoing abx usage, crippled gut flora, hypochlorhydria, and some others I’m forgetting and will add later.
5. Get the proper testing, a stool test is good but you need more than that. Get a 23andme test, organic acids test, nutreval(if you have the money), and other important tests. Candida testing is really hit or miss so don’t put your faith in the results.