Reply To: 23andme results – Homozygous MTHFR A1298C & R297R. Please advise!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions 23andme results – Homozygous MTHFR A1298C & R297R. Please advise! Reply To: 23andme results – Homozygous MTHFR A1298C & R297R. Please advise!

SueSullivan
Topics: 18
Replies: 108

Ironman,
The two members who were really knowledgeable on methylation here, Impossible and Tdogg33 (or something similar, not sure of the number of gs and 3s there), might not be around much anymore (nor am I for that matter.)
I’ve seen them both at phoenix rising but not recently.
Your best bet for getting a really good interpretation of this is there, at PR.
You and I share some snps.

I can’t even begin to offer you meaningful interpretation. I would recommend reading through Amy Yasko’s huge website, focusing particularly on her advice on first priority snps (and keeping in mind that her CBS advice has been challenged and your CBS snps are at the lowest end of severity). She considers SHMT to be first priority to treat also, before starting methylation.

CHeck out heartfixer.com too and just keep reading through his stuff. It’s taken me many weeks and a lot of fog blowing away before I could begin to grasp parts of this cycle and information. Also, Sarah Myhill has a lot on her website, though it may overlap with Dr. Roberts’ stuff.

Just at a glance, MAOA is significant, MTHFR 1298 homozygous is going to mean a need for folate (whether that is folinic acid or methylfolate, I can’t say) MTRRs will indicate a higher need for methylb12s. I’d really start by reading at PR. Find Caledonia and read the link in her sig. They’re full of incredible information.

Good luck!
Sue