This tasty stuffed peppers recipe uses lots of herbs and spices to create a really full flavor. You should only be eating small amounts of millet during your Candida diet, so you might want to leave this recipe until the later stages. You can serve the stuffed peppers by themselves or with a little plain yogurt.
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 1/2 lb. minced beef
- 1/5 cup of uncooked millet
- 2 red bell peppers, halved length-wise
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 chili, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Cook the millet as directed.
- Cook the onions, garlic, chilies and tomato with 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan for 3 minutes.
- Add the meat to the pan and cook until no longer pink.
- Now mix together all the ingredients except for the red peppers. Pack the mixture into the red pepper halves.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, or until peppers are tender.