Pumpkin Pie Muffins

Home The Candida Forum Candida Food & Recipes Snacks / Treats Pumpkin Pie Muffins

This topic contains 25 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  yisucks 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

ducktorwho

Pumpkin Pie Muffins
    Modified from http://www.elanaspantry.com/pumpkin-pie-muffins/

1.5 cups almond meal (used Trader Joe’s)
    1/4 tsp sea salt
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp ginger, pinch of cloves)
    2 tsp oil (used olive)
    3 Tbsp vegetable glycerin (or more stevia)
    2 eggs
    1.25 cup canned pumpkin (increase to 1.5 cups if omitting glycerin)
    1/2 tsp NuNaturals vanilla creme stevia
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1. In a large bowl combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
    2. In a separate bowl mix oil, glycerin, eggs, pumpkin, stevia, and vanilla until smooth.
    3. Stir wet ingredients into dry.
    4. Place paper liners in cupcake pan or grease well.
    5. Scoop batter into pan or liners. Batter will not rise much, so fill almost to top.
    6. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes.
    7. Cool for 2-3 hours.

Serving Size: Makes 9 Muffins

raster
    Participant

This is ridicously good and I recommend to anyone! This is the best tasting thing I can have during the diet other than guacamole.

Also, instead of muffins, try making bread out of this…it just comes out so much moister and better!

One suggestion is to try half almond meal and half coconut flour (per the recipe) and the bread comes out a little bit better tasting for some reason.

Lauren

Can you give me links to the items you buy. For example I went to the NuNaturals website to find the vanilla stevia you mentioned but I could not find it. Do you get these ingredients at a health food store?

I’ve made this recipe multiple times! Thanks for posting it!

-Lauren: I’ve saved a lot of money buying most of my stuff on Iherb.com -Its kind of like the Amazon of natural products. Shipping is free on orders over $20 and they fave lots of sales and free samples. The Nunaturals is on there. I have a $5 off your first order code if your interested.

Lauren

MyButterflyEffect wrote: I’ve made this recipe multiple times! Thanks for posting it!

-Lauren: I’ve saved a lot of money buying most of my stuff on Iherb.com -Its kind of like the Amazon of natural products. Shipping is free on orders over $20 and they fave lots of sales and free samples. The Nunaturals is on there. I have a $5 off your first order code if your interested.

Thank you! This seems like a good website. Though the things I need are out of stock. A code would be great. I will place an order as soon as the items are available. Thanks again.

Lauren

Can you find sugar free canned pumpkin. Right now my greatest struggle is finding ingredients that are sugar free. Thanks for the website but is there another website that I can check that will have this item without sugar? Thanks, Lauren

Lauren wrote: Can you find sugar free canned pumpkin. Right now my greatest struggle is finding ingredients that are sugar free. Thanks for the website but is there another website that I can check that will have this item without sugar? Thanks, Lauren

I think that pumpkin naturally has some sugar in it. I’m looking at cans from Whole Foods and Sunflower and they both have 4g sugar per serving. The only ingredient in both is pumpkin.

I’ll message you the Iherb code.

I made this into a pumpkin pie bread yesterday and almost ate half the loaf! Its very good. Is it okay for stage one? I am worried about the almond meal containing mold, or is this all safe? Thanks!

Lucylu

Prismatic – the baking should remove the mold from the Almond flour.

We can’t buy canned pumpkin here in Ireland, but can I roast pumpkin, blend it and use it that way instead? I’d love to try this recipe. That said, I made a pumpkin puree to go with some turkey burgers and it was way too sweet for me. I only had a couple mouthfuls and I just didn’t like it… and the following day I felt awful, like I had a really bad hangover. So it mightn’t suit me anyway?

raster
    Participant

As far as I know this recipe is completely safe and OK on the diet. If the pumpkin does contain some sugar, it is a very low amount. I only eat one slice per day of the bread and feel that the pumpkin has good digestive properties. I had leaky gut real bad and this didn’t give me a reaction. If you are allergic or notice bad effects, then do not continue to eat it.

-Raster

Lauren

raster wrote: As far as I know this recipe is completely safe and OK on the diet. If the pumpkin does contain some sugar, it is a very low amount. I only eat one slice per day of the bread and feel that the pumpkin has good digestive properties. I had leaky gut real bad and this didn’t give me a reaction. If you are allergic or notice bad effects, then do not continue to eat it.

-Raster

Thanks Raster! I will try it. I was honestly worried about the sugar but I will try it and see how I feel.

M

I’m in the process of making this recipe. Have slightly changed some of the ingredients. More olive oil and three eggs instead of two, and no glycerin. I also had to add half a cup or so of water because the mixture was a little too thick. Will report back on how it turns out later.

Lauren

M I cant wait to see how they turn out. I forgot to grabs some glycerin when I was in the store. 😀
    Thanks
    Lauren

M

Well, it came out pretty good. Tasty and moist. I made a bread though and not muffins. Toasted with coconut oil is the perfect complement. Not sure if those of us on stage 1 of the diet should be eating this, since it does contain sugar. I don’t think I’ll be baking another one for quite a while now. Will stick to coconut/almond, buckwheat and teff bread.

Lauren

I totally agree M!!! 😀 I don’t like the sugar in it. Though it is nice to know that eventually I can cook this. I am sure it is wonderful!
    Thanks
    Lauren

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A 5-Step Program to Beat Candida

From Lisa Richards

If you're looking for a more comprehensive Candida treatment plan, check out Lisa Richards' new program, the Ultimate Candida Diet.

Lisa's plan is based on the latest research into Candida, and contains everything you need to know to beat your Candida overgrowth.

What the program includes
A 60-day plan to eliminate your Candida
A clear 5-step timeline
The latest research into Candida
Shopping lists you can take to the store
My 25 favorite Candida-fighting foods
A 10-part email course
Lots of tasty anti-Candida recipes
Get Relief Now