Candida Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline alwcm4  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2011 3:41:54 AM(UTC)
alwcm4

Groups: Registered

I've been taking the Ultimate Flora 80 Billion (per your advise Able!) since Saturday. One per day. It is making me sooooo sick. I don't know if it is die-off or it is just making me sick. It's all in my stomach. Sometimes it's stabbing pains, sometimes it is nausea so bad I can't function. I threw up on Sunday and think I might go in a minute and do it again. No other die off symptoms to speak of and this is not one of the die-off symptoms I've experienced before. I'm 3 weeks into the diet and haven't really had anything new to eat that I could be having a reaction too. Please let me know if you think this is die-off or if I should stop taking it. I've missed 2 days of work this week already and told myself I was going to work the rest of the week no matter what, but I don't know if I'm gonna make it.
Sponsor
Offline phil1  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2011 3:57:15 AM(UTC)
phil1

alwcm4 wrote:
I've been taking the Ultimate Flora 80 Billion (per your advise Able!) since Saturday. One per day. It is making me sooooo sick. I don't know if it is die-off or it is just making me sick. It's all in my stomach. Sometimes it's stabbing pains, sometimes it is nausea so bad I can't function. I threw up on Sunday and think I might go in a minute and do it again. No other die off symptoms to speak of and this is not one of the die-off symptoms I've experienced before. I'm 3 weeks into the diet and haven't really had anything new to eat that I could be having a reaction too. Please let me know if you think this is die-off or if I should stop taking it. I've missed 2 days of work this week already and told myself I was going to work the rest of the week no matter what, but I don't know if I'm gonna make it.

In my opinion, 80 billion is really extreme. I know Able recommends it, and im not disputing their opinions, but i take a 10 billion and that has a significant effect on me as it is. The nutritionist who is guiding me through the process said he'd never let me take more than 20 bill.

If you are repeatedly vomiting then its time to make a change in my opinion.

Edited by user Thursday, September 15, 2011 4:08:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User is suspended until 2/20/2041 5:52:52 PM(UTC) Able900  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:35:34 AM(UTC)
Able900

Man

Was thanked: 565 time(s) in 386 post(s)
alwcm4 wrote:
I've been taking the Ultimate Flora 80 Billion (per your advise Able!) since Saturday. One per day. It is making me sooooo sick.

Hi, Amanda.

If I remember correctly, you had already been on a probiotic before starting the 80-billion, what was the count of that one and how long were you on it?
It sounds as if you just weren’t ready for that amount, and it may be that you need to start with a lower amount and work slowly up to the higher numbers.
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:39:28 AM(UTC)
Able900

Man

phil1 wrote:
In my opinion, 80 billion is really extreme. I know Able recommends it, and im not disputing their opinions, but i take a 10 billion and that has a significant effect on me as it is. The nutritionist who is guiding me through the process said he'd never let me take more than 20 bill.

Phil, I know that 80-billion sounds like a lot, and I have no doubt that your doctor would think that taking that amount was nothing but insane. However, I took 2 of these every day (160-billion) for one month, during which time my Candida infestation was completely cured. Today I’ve been symptom free for many months, and I’m still taking 80-billion every day as part of the maintenance.

Able
Offline alwcm4  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2011 10:43:08 AM(UTC)
alwcm4

the ones I had were only 1 billion, but I was taking quite a few a day. i want this candida gone, so if this is normal i will suffer, but I just wanted to make sure that it was just a die-off symptom.
Offline raster  
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2011 12:20:47 PM(UTC)
raster

Man

Was thanked: 804 time(s) in 669 post(s)
Start at 30-50 billion and then move it up. This may help alleviate the bad symptoms. Consult a naturopathic doctor for best results.
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2011 12:30:36 PM(UTC)
Able900

Man

Hello, Amanda.

Depending on how many of the 1-billion probiotic capsules you were taking, 80 just may be too large a jump all at one time for your system to handle. Renew Life makes a probiotic with 30 billion as well one that is 50 billion. If you’d rather change to one of these for a while it should give you a chance to build up the amount more slowly and avoid the sickness.
The somach symptoms you mentioned can be die-off symptoms, although it’s a bit rare to throw-up. As far as the Molybdenum for the die-off is concerned, lots of people take 250 mcg in three different doses in one day during the worse periods of die-off.

Really sorry that you’re so sick with the probiotics, Amanda, I wasn’t expecting that at all, as this is quite abnormal if it isn't die-off.

Able
Offline alwcm4  
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:01:33 PM(UTC)
alwcm4

well stomach issues were one of my main candida issues, generally having nausea about 70% of the time. everything makes me vomit, so i'm not super suprised. that's why i'm havig trouble finding foods i can eat. i'm not the grin and bear it kind of person. if i don't like it i can't even gage it down without vomiting. at this point i can't do most veggies, eggs are really hard and i'm i can't eat the yogurt plain. oh, and the coconut bread (and the 3 other bread recipes on here) can't do it, i just can't, tried the all, didn't like any of them! i'd rather starve.

i'm just weird :)
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:19:24 PM(UTC)
Able900

Man

What exactly are you eating, Amanda? I guess meat is a main staple of your diet?
Are you having problems with losing too much weight?

You might try coconut butter on one of the bread recipes, most people love that stuff straight from the container. It’s nothing like the oil.

Able