Candida Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sunshine33  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2011 2:12:06 AM(UTC)
sunshine33

Groups: Registered

I've been taking coconut oil daily as part of my anti-candida diet, probably about 6 tablespoons a day, sometimes more, for the past 4 weeks. The first few days, I had some reactions that had me running for the bathroom or feeling sort of like I had heartburn after taking it. But as my body got used to it those reactions became less and less. My diet was going along very well and I felt great. Until this week ...

The past four or five days, taking it makes my stomach churn painfully for about an hour or two after. I mean, really painful! It starts at the top of my stomach and slowly works its way down -- I can feel the pain the whole time. And it makes me nauseous -- I feel like I'm going to throw up. I didn't connect it with the coconut oil until I took it this morning and then realized that's the common thread in my stomach problems this week -- my diet has been quite varied with a good mix of vegetables and some occasional protein.

Has anyone else had this problem with coconut oil? Could it mean that I've developed an allergy to it? Or maybe it's a die-off reaction, or related to leaky gut?
Sponsor
User is suspended until 2/20/2041 5:52:52 PM(UTC) Able900  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2011 6:55:17 AM(UTC)
Able900

Man

Was thanked: 572 time(s) in 391 post(s)
sunshine33 wrote:
Has anyone else had this problem with coconut oil? Could it mean that I've developed an allergy to it? Or maybe it's a die-off reaction, or related to leaky gut?

Hello.
Read the post titled "Dangers of Die-off" then come back and ask questions on anything you may not understand about it.

Able
Offline raster  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2011 12:12:56 PM(UTC)
raster

Man

Was thanked: 871 time(s) in 728 post(s)
You are killing off the candida too much and need other supplements to deal with the die-off feelings; you need something that detoxes/consumes the dead candida out of your body somehow because the dead candida is being spread to all of your organs.
Offline sunshine33  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2011 1:28:40 PM(UTC)
sunshine33

I finally found molybdenum and started taking it last night.
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2011 2:30:48 PM(UTC)
Able900

Man

Sunshine, after a day or two on one dosage, you can increase the Molybdenum to two doses a day. If the die-off becomes worse after that, you can take three doses a day as long as each dose is 200 mcg or less, and as long as you receive no negative feedback from the Molybdenum.

Able
Offline sunshine33  
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2011 3:55:15 PM(UTC)
sunshine33

Since I originally posted ... I was miserably, painfully bloated every day for almost 2 weeks, usually within an hour or two after I took coconut oil (usually 4 tablespoons a day). Not just bloated -- abdominal distention to the point where I have to breathe in deeper and my ab muscles are sore the next day. I went on vacation for four days and didn't have any coconut oil, took GSE and olive leaf extract pills as antifungals instead, and felt great. Came back and started on the oil again and was miserable for three more days. Stopped it yesterday and have been fine again.

So I think it's definitely the coconut oil that's giving me such bad reactions. I'm on week 7 or 8, and my diet really hasn't changed other than the occasional granny smith apple. I'm taking molybdenum and candidate, along with several supplements and rotating antifungals (including oregano oil). Nothing else seems to make sense.

Able, I know you referred me to die-off dangers before and of course I've read your post on leaky gut. But I'm not sure what to do. My only symptom for the past few weeks has been the severe bloating/distention. I have tons of energy, no headaches, no skin infections. And I really think it's the coconut oil. Should I stop taking it?

Edited by user Sunday, September 11, 2011 4:04:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#7 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 3:17:12 AM(UTC)
Able900

Man

Hello.

You may not be able to tolerate the coconut oil at all. If you want to try going back to one teaspoon a day for a while and working up to more once again, that’s your choice. But if you prefer to simply leave it out of your diet altogether, try to find the capsules which sell under the name of Caprylic acid. This is the portion of the coconut which processes the antifungal activity of the oil. Being in capsule form it doesn’t have all of the health benefits of pure coconut oil, nor the calories often needed on the diet, but at least it will act as a positive antifungal.

Able
Offline raster  
#8 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 5:45:10 AM(UTC)
raster

Man

Are you also taking a probiotic? This could be causing the problems as well...if so, stop it for a few days and then start again.

undecenoic acid is another alternative to the coconut oil is 6x stronger. Your body may handle it better.
Offline sunshine33  
#9 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 11:27:46 AM(UTC)
sunshine33

Thanks to both of you. Able, I've been taking caprylic acid since Saturday when I stopped with the coconut oil. No side effects with that although I did feel a little sick this afternoon for an hour or so which could have been a mild die-off reaction.

I still plan to cook with coconut oil and use it in my bread, as I seem to tolerate that ok. But I'm going to stop gulping it down straight.

Raster, I've been researching undecenoic acid and would like to try it. I saw the brand you're using on Amazon, and have compared it with the Candida Force brand and they look pretty similar so I'll buy whatever is cheaper. A lot of reviews for undecenoic acid have been from people who said they tried every antifungal out there and that one made the difference for them. I don't buy into the hype of the candida force (McCombs plan), which uses undeconoic acid as its only antifungal. Yes it would be nice to eat all the fruit and potatoes I want, but for $600 and having to start all over after seven weeks (correction: eight weeks, I just did the math), I'm not going to try it just for that. Plus I don't agree with his one-size/drug/regimen-fits-all approach. Nevertheless, the undecenoic acid sounds good, especially since I'm not handling coconut oil well.

I stopped at Whole Foods tonight to see if they'd have it, but the only product they had with it also had several herbs and would be too much extra herbs if I worked myself up to the recommended dose I've been seeing for undecenoic acid. I guess I'll have to order it online.

Edited by user Monday, September 12, 2011 11:40:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline raster  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:22:27 AM(UTC)
raster

Man

Get the SF722 brand/type of it and try it out!