Candida Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Diane  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 8:56:04 PM(UTC)
Diane

Groups: Registered

As the subject title says, I would like to share some information as well as experience with regards to no libido and its connection to candida!

I have been suffereing with candida for what has been approximately three years! The first symptom I felt was about 3 years ago, I felt a very strange sensation in my private part, it was as if someone literally cut me with a finger nail. Since then I have had vaginal thrush every month and it got worse right after having my period. After this, I began having a feeling of dryness and not just once or twice but everyday and during ovulation it did not change. Usually around the time of ovulation, I experienced some sort of wetness due to cycle which usually led to some sort of sexual arousal or activity, however none of this was happening! It was as if my sexuality had vanished into thin air and it ceased to exist! I was never the type to have a high libido but neither was I the type of person to feel nothing at all! I lived like this for approx 3 years until finally the penny dropped and something inside me realised that something unusual had happened to my body. Not to mention the myriad of symptoms that I had, however I will not get into them because I want to stick to the subject! What I would llike to do now is share some very valuable information that I got from a very learned individual that contributes daily to this site, he answers all sorts of questions and he (ABLE), was very helpful in giving an explanation to what happens to the body and our sex drive when one has candida.

Quote: "As far as a person’s sexual appetite diminishing or even disappearing completely during Candida is concerned;

This is a fact that most Candida sufferers have to face, and a big reason for that is of course people with Candida are tired and simply worn down by the complete drain on the body that a Candida infestation has. Other than that, there are dozens of reasons why the libido takes a holiday during an infestation of the body, Candida or otherwise.

First, with women, it’s often both the problems of vaginal Candida as well as oral thrush, each of which can cause horrific pain and suffering for the woman. Show me a person who thinks about sex during an episode of such pain and suffering, and I’ll show you a person who is numb from the neck down.

Also a low sex drive in general and even numbness in the genitals in both men and women area are definite symptoms of Candida.

I can explain why the low sex drive happens. When Candida reaches the point of affecting most of the body (stomach, intestines, genital area, moods, desires, etc.) it has literally bonded into the walls of the intestines and therefore enters the blood stream, of course from there it can circulate through the entire body, and this includes the entire endocrine system which is responsible for all human hormone functioning, and of course this includes sex hormones. This act interferes with very delicate receptors which in turn causes various imbalances in as well as a disruption of the functioning of our sex hormones".

So if any of you out there have been wondering why their sex drive has disappeared, please do not despair, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Candida albicans is a horrible organism and it invades your whole system and being.  Thats what it has done to me, I felt as if it had taken over completely! After I started the diet, I immediately felt the benefits and my general well being got better. That does not mean that my battle is over, however with care and determination, I am sure that I will cure myself and so can any of you out there who are struggling and who might want to give up! Please dont, hang on, stick to the diet and be well!

Sponsor
User is suspended until 2/20/2041 5:52:52 PM(UTC) Able900  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 1:20:39 AM(UTC)
Able900

Man

Was thanked: 569 time(s) in 389 post(s)
Hello, Diane.

Thank you so much for posting your story for the benefit of others. It’s very commendable of you to do this.

Smiles, Able.
User is suspended until 2/20/2041 5:52:52 PM(UTC) Able900  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 5:19:17 AM(UTC)
Able900

Man

Was thanked: 569 time(s) in 389 post(s)
Diane's story caused me to think about some information concerning how most people with Candida eventually start wondering if it’s possible to pass Candida to someone else through sexual intercourse, oral sex, or even kissing another person.
If you have oral thrush and kiss someone, you can’t actually 'give' Candida to another person, even though, through kissing, some of the fungi could be transferred to their mouth.
However, everyone, even individuals without a Candida infestation, has a certain amount of Candida yeast in their body and mouth, so if the level of yeast in the person’s mouth is higher than what is considered normal then it’s logical that the increase in fungi could possibly make all the difference that is needed to develop thrush. It's also logical that the same can be true for of oral sex.

In relationship to intercourse, Candida normally can only be caused by having unprotected sex multiple times over a fairly short period of time. The reason for this is that semen is of an alkaline environment, and the vagina is acidic. This means that the semen can create an alkaline environment in the vagina, and if all other aspects are favorable, then a yeast infection or even Candida can occur. So it makes sense that if a condom is worn, there should be no problem.

Offline dforbreakfast  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 1:11:16 PM(UTC)
dforbreakfast

All signs are pointing to me currently having a bad infestation of candida -- loss of libido, hair loss, muscle cramps, migraines, heart palpitations -- and yet I've been on the strict diet for several months. I've gone through waves of die-off. It's frustrating that I haven't rid my body of more of the infestation yet.

Glad to know I'm not the only one suffering from a complete absence of sex drive, at least.
Offline Bucephalus  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 2:22:56 PM(UTC)
Bucephalus

How long have you been on the diet Dianne?
How long before you got noticeable results?

David.
Offline dforbreakfast  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 2:45:25 PM(UTC)
dforbreakfast

Bucephalus wrote:
How long have you been on the diet Dianne?
How long before you got noticeable results?

David.

I've been on the diet 3 months. The very strict diet. To be honest I haven't felt much improvement yet, other than that I now have regular daily bowel movements, when all my life I've gone about a week in between them most of the time.

I have gone through a LOT of die-off though. The first couple weeks especially. Still waiting to "feel better", as everyone keeps promising will happen.