Candida Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline cesto  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2013 8:35:33 AM(UTC)
cesto

Groups: Registered

hey guys, i read somewhere that your tongue is a barometer of what's going on in your gut. most of my symptoms have improved greatly, however, the oral thrush has not. the past few days, the oral thrush has definitely gotten worse, but the odd thing is, my diet has been pretty solid with no cheat foods (ie/fresh veggies, no fruits, or sugars).

is it possible that thrush can get worse during die off phase or when you're improving...or is that not likely?
Sponsor
Offline approximately_me  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2013 8:46:48 AM(UTC)
approximately_me

Woman
Canada

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 22 post(s)
I've had a similar experience lately actually. The better I feel, the worse my thrush is. And while I've noticed that on days with bad die-off my thrush definitely gets worse at the same time, my die-off is diminishing considerably right now. Personally, I'm not really worrying about it too much though. If my systemic infestation was also getting worse, I wouldn't be feeling this way. I assume it'll clear up in the end.
Offline raster  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2013 12:15:44 PM(UTC)
raster

Man

Was thanked: 807 time(s) in 672 post(s)
Oral thrush is one of the symptoms that takes the longest for it to go away from my experience, so don't plan on it going away anytime soon. I wouldn't be too concerned about it in my opinion; it will come and go away throughout your treatment.

-raster
Offline cesto  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2013 1:26:15 PM(UTC)
cesto

Originally Posted by: raster Go to Quoted Post
Oral thrush is one of the symptoms that takes the longest for it to go away from my experience, so don't plan on it going away anytime soon. I wouldn't be too concerned about it in my opinion; it will come and go away throughout your treatment.

-raster

what about other symptoms...such as headaches or clogged sinuses? is there anyway to differentiate between getting worse and getting better with die off? i believe there might be some foods on the "ok" list that might not be agree with some people..therefore having a tough time to determine if it's a positive or negative effect. i'd like to believe your body will tell you but all of this seems a bit too confusing.
Offline Smitty99  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2013 2:12:54 PM(UTC)
Smitty99

Man
Canada

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cesto Go to Quoted Post

-raster

what about other symptoms...such as headaches or clogged sinuses? is there anyway to differentiate between getting worse and getting better with die off? i believe there might be some foods on the "ok" list that might not be agree with some people..therefore having a tough time to determine if it's a positive or negative effect. i'd like to believe your body will tell you but all of this seems a bit too confusing.

Mostly everything gets worse through die off. There's not really set answer for every symptom and why it gets worse other than wherever you have candida in your body whether it be your mouth, throat, sinus's, etc. It will get worse before it gets better because the candida becomes more aggressive before it dies off. It also releases toxins into your body and bloodstream causing even more negative effects throughout your body.

To answer your question of how you can tell your candida is getting worse or getting better? Well the only real way is to be honest with yourself on what you've been eating. If you're cheating than you are probably experiencing a worsening of your symptoms. If you are being strict and following the diet, it is probably die off.

Unfortunately the symptoms of die off and the symptoms of overgrowth are so similar that it is difficult to tell.

Personally I've noticed that candida overgrowth for me was crazy sinus pressure and migraines. Since being on the candida diet, I haven't noticed anymore migraines but I certainly still have varying degrees of sinus pressure and vertigo feeling depending on if I'm hard at the antifungals or giving my body a break.
Offline cesto  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2013 2:28:16 PM(UTC)
cesto

good points. ive been so strict on this diet that sometimes i feel like i would need to cheat to keep proper nutrition for my body (i've lost a lot of weight). having addressed cheating...if you were to have a cheat day after all these weeks...perhaps letting lose and eating pizza or even a night out with the friends for some drinks. could that undo everything?

i feel so paranoid about some foods that i'm almost afraid to eat anything these days in fear of losing the progress i've obtained
Offline raster  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2013 2:34:41 PM(UTC)
raster

Man

Was thanked: 807 time(s) in 672 post(s)
If you have headaches, this can be either attributed to die-off, allergies to foods, or the inflammation of the gut. Are you eating any inflammatory foods? If so, something like coconut milk can cause headaches because it is highly inflammatory.

Sinuses after eating a certain food item can be tied directly to allergies (such as runny nose) and this means you are eating something that you are slightly allergic to.

Eating a pizza at this point in your treatment will set you back somewhere between 1-14 days in my opinion but could be worse if your body is in a fragile state.

I wouldn't fear food but I would embrace it. If you are losing weight, it could be because you don't have proper nutrition or you are not eating enough. Be sure to get nice and full like for thanksgiving for each and every meal because this is important.

-raster
Offline cesto  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2013 2:52:45 PM(UTC)
cesto

If you have headaches, this can be either attributed to die-off, allergies to foods, or the inflammation of the gut. Are you eating any inflammatory foods? If so, something like coconut milk can cause headaches because it is highly inflammatory.

Sinuses after eating a certain food item can be tied directly to allergies (such as runny nose) and this means you are eating something that you are slightly allergic to.

Eating a pizza at this point in your treatment will set you back somewhere between 1-14 days in my opinion but could be worse if your body is in a fragile state.

I wouldn't fear food but I would embrace it. If you are losing weight, it could be because you don't have proper nutrition or you are not eating enough. Be sure to get nice and full like for thanksgiving for each and every meal because this is important.

-raster

very interesting about the coconut milk. that's a huge part of my diet considering it's one of the only foods that makes the meals tasty to me. it's probably the main reason i've lasted this long.

i do eat plenty but many of the meals seem boring. i'm trying to vary it up but it's pretty limited unfortunately.

Offline Smitty99  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2013 2:56:31 PM(UTC)
Smitty99

Man
Canada

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cesto Go to Quoted Post
good points. ive been so strict on this diet that sometimes i feel like i would need to cheat to keep proper nutrition for my body (i've lost a lot of weight). having addressed cheating...if you were to have a cheat day after all these weeks...perhaps letting lose and eating pizza or even a night out with the friends for some drinks. could that undo everything?

i feel so paranoid about some foods that i'm almost afraid to eat anything these days in fear of losing the progress i've obtained

I know how you feel about losing weight. I've always been a little overweight for the past 10 years since out of high school and even though I worked out prior to this issue, I could never get where I wanted to be. (Bare in mind I didn't eat all that great, I worked out a lot but I also ate whatever I wanted)

I was never fat by any means but would of been happier in a 34-36 pant than the 38 I almost always am.

Since being on the diet and trying to conquer candida, I haven't worked out at all but I have lost an immense amount of weight in a short period of time. Probably somewhere around 30 pounds in 9 weeks. That I attribute to better eating and cutting out sugar and carbs.

If you are taking a lot of VCO like me then you should know that coconut oil has been long used as a weight loss supplement for people. It helps to regulate thyroid glands and speed up metabolism to burn fat better. The list of things it does to improve your health is so long that it would probably rival the list of candida ailments.

But there is also a negative side to losing weight too especially if you are already thin and you do not want to lose weight. Candida stops the body from absorbing nutrients as well.