Candida Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Love47  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 2:08:49 AM(UTC)
Love47

Groups: Registered

Hello fellow Candida Sufferers......I am hoping someone here shares the
same embarrassing symptom that I have. I have had an itchy burning anus due to
a clear discharge since last October. At first self diagnosed pin worms. Dr.
gave me script and it didn't help. Finally gave in and had my Dr.do an
exam....ugh. She diagnosed yeast infection. Gave me Diflucan and an antifungal
topical. That didn't help. Dr. then gave me script for Nystatin powder to apply.
That didn't help. So......just been living with it. I know it's Candida. I have
a few other symptoms... Itchy inner ears always at night. Horrible morning
breath, mouth tastes like metal and occasionally ammonia. So....... My question
is Does anyone else have an itchy burning anus. And if so HOW do you get relief?
I just purchased an enema bag. Confused about what to use. Coffee? ACV? I would
really appreciate any feedback :)
Julie
Sponsor
Offline raster  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 7:56:25 AM(UTC)
raster

Man

Was thanked: 790 time(s) in 656 post(s)
Hello love47,

I had an itchy anus for over 10 years ever since I took antibiotics. I was able to finally relieve this symptom by doing our strict forum diet for about 2 months with antifungals and probiotics. Thereafter the other symptoms started to lift and I started to feel better and better. I occasionally get it again at times after I cheat on the diet; sometimes days later after I cheat.

Hope this helps.

-raster
Offline Love47  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 10:21:40 PM(UTC)
Love47

Thank You Raster. I appreciate you taking the time to reply! Do you think this "symptom" is indicative of a severe case of Candida? Do you think ACV enemas will help relieve the itching at all?
Thanks again,
Julie
Offline Belganson  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 2:19:28 PM(UTC)
Belganson

This sadly is my biggest issue. I am in week 3 of the diet to help relieve my symptoms but today was not a great day, so who knows if I am doing anything right. I did have some colonics, foot ionizing detoxing and saunas to help get some of the toxins out of me.

Topically I was told by a dermatologist to combine an antifungal cream, vaginal cream and she gave me a script for hydrocortisone. It helps but not long term.

I am also trying ozonated olive oil. And soaking in a bath of apple cider vinegar.

I've wondered about using kefir or yogurt as women have been known to do for vaginal yeast infections.
Offline Jackie2  
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 11:05:08 PM(UTC)
Jackie2

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
IDK as I didn't have this but what about cortozone cream?

Offline Love47  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 10:09:46 PM(UTC)
Love47

Oh believe me I have tried cortisone cream, aloe vera, peroxide, Gold Bond powder........ I am finally starting to get some relief by following the diet and doing ACV enemas.
Julie
Offline pahvantpiper  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 9:50:11 AM(UTC)
pahvantpiper

Julie,
I've struggled with the same problem for over 20 years. I am just now starting the strict diet as soon as I receive some of my supplements. But, what has helped me with the itching has been wet wipes. I just make sure things are wiped clean a couple times a day and I get by fine. This only helps temporarily (several hours) but it does help. On a couple occasions I've been asked why I carry wet wipes around with me. :)
Offline Belganson  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 2:08:09 PM(UTC)
Belganson

I had a doctor tell me specifically no wet wipes. Also no scented soaps. I would guess it would be a wonderful idea to throw away your underwear and get all new pair as I am certain the yeast lives in them. I've been told that microwaving your underwear would kill the yeast but I am not sold on putting my underwear anywhere near my food sources.
Offline slate01  
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2012 12:08:19 AM(UTC)
slate01

Hi love47,

I have had an itchy anus for the last 22 years or so (i first noticed it when i was 14), also caused by a chronic candida infection. The reason the drugs that your Dr prescribed don't work is because they are unable to affect the form of candida that we all have. Unfortunately candida under certain circumstances forms a fungal biofilm, which permanently adheres to the intestinal lining (unless you use some sort of agent to strip it). Diflucan, nystatin and most other pharmaceuticals are ineffective against biofilms, as many studies have shown.

People that have this biofilm expel some sort of slime/mucus that is either part of the biofilm itself or a waste product that makes its way down the small and large intestine and causes sever itching around the perianal skin.

A gastroenterologist I saw last year said that he thought the slime was mucus produced by my body to defend against some sort of infection (he didnt believe in candida) and that this mucus is alkaline and therefore irritates the anus as the perianal skin has an acidic pH of about 5 or 6 and would react to any alkaline substance coming into contact with it.

This actually fits with the whole idea that candida causes the itching however, as a study has shown that the benign yeast(planktonic) form of candida becomes fungal by creating a highly alkaline environment through the production of ammonia. So the itching is really just a symptom of the candida having created its preferred environment (an alkaline fungal biofilm).

http://mbio.asm.org/content/2/3/e00055-11.full

If you think about it the only way it could create such an alkaline environment would be if the acid forming bacteria were no longer there to maintain the acidic pH of the intestines and keep the candida in its more benign yeast form. This is possible through the use of antibiotics. The yeast has a window of opportunity to become fungal and then once this happens it spreads like wildfire, making more and more of the intestines alkaline as it goes.

ACV enemas can help to some extent in that they create a break in the constant stream of itchy slime making its way down to the anus, however they arent a cure as the biofilm is most likely also in the small intestine and therefore cant be reached by an enema. The ACV will also allow you to have a good look at what is causing the itching.

Anyway sorry for the long post. Let me know if you'd like a list of the antibiofilm herbs I use. They seem to be working, but the longer you've had it the longer it takes. Love47, if you've only had this since last year it prob wouldnt take too long.

Cheers.
Offline Belganson  
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2012 1:09:26 AM(UTC)
Belganson

I am interested in knowing what helped you. I have had the problem for 2+ yrs.

Offline Love47  
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2012 11:28:05 PM(UTC)
Love47

Wow Slate!!!!! Thanks for that super informative post!!!!!!!! That makes SO much sense. Of course, PLEASE I would like to know what herbs you take.
Julie
Offline CaliCandidaHelp  
#12 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 3:41:34 PM(UTC)
CaliCandidaHelp

United States

Hi. I have the same problem.. I use Caladryl Clear Lotion sometimes to bear with itch. If you been scratching it till it bleeds you might want to wait till it heals a little bit otherwise it might burn. Sometimes the burn is better than that unbarring itch. It worked pretty good for me so far. You can also try to put few drops of Oregano Oil on the cotton pads and put a little bit of water on it so its kinda mixed. Apply that to itchy areas but beware, IT WILL BURN & HEART A LOT (you will be jumping all over the place) for about 10 minutes, you will forget all about that itch for quite some time tho and it will feel ok once it stop burning.

Good Luck!
Offline Love47  
#13 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 7:20:13 AM(UTC)
Love47

Slate???? Where are you?
Julie
Offline Love47  
#14 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 6:21:15 AM(UTC)
Love47

Slate?? Please come back!!!!
User is suspended until 2/20/2041 5:52:52 PM(UTC) Able900  
#15 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 10:21:46 PM(UTC)
Able900

Man

Was thanked: 563 time(s) in 386 post(s)
Julie, what Slate is talking about is basically changing the environment of the intestines back to its normal acidic ph. This is done by first lowering the number of Candida yeast in the intestines with a proper diet and antifungals. Shortly after starting this protocol, homemade kefir and probiotics are added to the mix. This is what will eventually change the pH environment where the Candida were previously living in bliss in the alkaline environment which we helped them create with bad diets and antibiotics.

The Protocol on the forum which includes a well planned Candida diet is basically what the forum members are using to treat their infestations in the manner I just described.

Able
Offline homeistexas  
#16 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 4:50:33 PM(UTC)
homeistexas

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Back in 08 I got it and the doc gave me nystatyn ointment and zinc oxide. Told me to put the zinc oxide over the nystatyn ointment. That worked then but not this time in 2012. This time I got the nystatyn cream and it didn't work. It was getting pretty raw. Cortizone did nothing. I finally tried of all things neosporin ointment. It worked great. Today I discovered hydrogen peroxide wipes at the grocery store and plan to use then to wipe with. I slightly insert the ointment. Funny thing. Where I am one of those guys that always uses a half roll of toilet paper to wipe, since applying the ointment, It gets done with one or two wet wipes. I guess it helps things move right along. I think maybe the neosporin ointment has something in it fungus dosn't like.

I hope this helps.
Offline weehen  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 8:34:17 PM(UTC)
weehen

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I've had the dreaded itch for many years too (19 in fact). I notice it flares and goes, and seems to be something in my diet. Of course, getting hot and sweaty worsen things.

Flare ups seem to be caused by:
- too much sugar
- wheat
- cow milk

With those 3 out of my diet, it will generally subside. I think it is basically an inflammatory response, but I liked what Slate was saying about the mucus - that makes a lot of sense too. I have often wondered if pH levels in my intestine were part of the problem because it is almost like my skin has been mildly chemically burned!

Edited by user Tuesday, December 11, 2012 8:35:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline hannah  
#18 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2013 7:39:01 PM(UTC)
hannah

United States

I had itching, too, but only for a few months. I used Rutin 500 mg with Quercetin, 1 tab a day. Itching down there totally went away in about a week and never returned.
Offline baloneysandwich  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 3:05:59 PM(UTC)
baloneysandwich

United States

I've dealt with this for several months and it is HORRIBLE. Fortunately, mine is cleared up. I found that the only really sure way to treat the symptom was to follow the diet and protocol, but also to really really thoroughly rinse your butt, as far up as you can, with water to get all of the residue from your stool off of the rectum. It's the residue coming out of you that is irritating the rectum.

However until you clear it up internally, you'll be fighting an uphill battle, so start with diet changes and follow the prototol.