Candida Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline chausse112  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 1:35:48 AM(UTC)
chausse112

Groups: Registered

Where is the iron in the candida diet? Should I be supplementing again? I have always taken it but stopped during the 2 week cleanse. I have very low energy and am female.
Sponsor
Offline BlueSkies  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 2:05:38 AM(UTC)
BlueSkies

Canada

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Candida thrive in an iron rich environment. I would guess that the candida has been thriving nicely on your iron stores.

In my case, before I knew what I had, blood work revealed that my iron was low. (At the particular lab the normal range was between 30-300) Never had that before. I started taking liquid iron daily and OJ. After three months, I got my blood work checked again, and my iron went down to 24. My doctor was baffled. He had me take two liquid iron packages and time released vit. C. Three months on my iron went down again to 21. He couldn't believe it. I felt like hell, and I was having a hard time functioning.

That was in the fall last year. Fast forward to the winter and I figured out what I have and started to treat the candidiasis. Diet only mind you. No anti-fungals yet. I got my iron checked again. It went to 70. Well within the normal range.... This from only changing my diet...

I can't tell you to stop taking iron supplements. I did before I started the cleanse portion of the treatment, and I have not added it again. It's a double edged sword. Add it because you need it, but then you'll be giving the candida something that it needs to thrive....

There is no easy answer... talk to your doctor I guess?
Offline raster  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 5:20:55 AM(UTC)
raster

Man

Was thanked: 871 time(s) in 728 post(s)
Interesting blueskies...

Like I've stated in the past; candida can cause the loss of minerals known as demineralization and iron is a mineral. So as you get better, you should start to get healthier mineral levels.

-raster
Offline Flipper  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 6:54:50 AM(UTC)
Flipper

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
So would it follow that we shouldn't be supplementing any minerals?? I take Cal/Zinc/Mag supplements and was also wondering if I should take Iron because I've developed restless leg syndrome since I started this diet.
It's like you need to starve yourself to starve the candida.
Offline raster  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 7:47:15 AM(UTC)
raster

Man

Was thanked: 871 time(s) in 728 post(s)
Flipper: You need all trace minerals and not just a few of them. Demineralization isn't easy to reverse, the the restless leg syndrome is caused by lack of all minerals and not just a few.

-raster
Offline chausse112  
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 8:23:36 AM(UTC)
chausse112

[quote=BlueSkies]Candida thrive in an iron rich environment. I would guess that the candida has been thriving nicely on your iron stores.

Actually I'm slightly anemic. I'm not sure if this would matter but I've been a vegetarian (some fish though) for over 20 years so I'm not so sure my iron stores are all that great.

I'm thinking I should start taking it again.