Candida Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline 420biker  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2012 8:34:02 AM(UTC)
420biker

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Ive been suffering with candida for 2 years now. Ive been treating the candida with the directions of the website for almost 6 months now, it helped quite a bit but never got rid of all of the candida, and anytime i would eat anything with the smallest amount of sugar i would get way worse. It seemed like i got to a point that there was no longer any die off so i needed to do something a little more extreme to starve off the fungus. antifungals werent giving me die off. I was still waking up every morning having to scrape the hell out of my tongue to get the white thrush off.

I heard that fasting is very good for detoxing the body so i gave it a try. I had the soup broth while fasting, drank lots of water, and i took multivitamins, and supplements for my adrenal exaustion. Within 3-4 days there was no trace of candida at all, not even when i woke up the next morning.

While fasting I also ingested and smoked about $400 worth of purified high grade hash oil i made myself, not sure if that is what helped cure me. When prepared this way, hash oil can cure any cancer in 3 months, even terminal cancers, so i think it might play a role in stopping fungus from spreading as well. Check out Rick Simpson's run from the Cure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0psJhQHk_GI

The only reason marijuana is illegal is because it cures cancer way better than chemo, and they cant put a patent on it because its a herb. Also, another reason is because the FDA is run by the people who own the banks and pharmacuetical industry, and THC is a better alternative to over half of the pharma drugs. There is a lot of deception behind the miracle plant.

I dont recommend this at all, but since i was cured I ate chicken slow cooked in tomatoes to celebrate, then ended up eating a bunch of chocolate chips and granola bars with sugar... still no candida the next day which is a miracle to me!

I am now on another fast, this should get rid of the rest of the fungus toxins in my body, but if not i will just do it again. I lived in a house with black mold before my candida got really bad, and shortly after that i was diagnosed with food allergies ... allergic to eggs, wheat, gluten, dairy, whenever i eat any of them my stomach swells up inside and usually bleeds.

I am told the way the fast works is by cleaning toxins from your bloodstream, and every day you do a water fast it is equivilant to approximately one year of building up toxins in your blood.

After doing the fast i felt much more relaxed and slept better than usual. I usually have dark circles under my eyes, those are now pretty much gone. I have much more mental clarity which is good because i have adhd from head injuries. I no longer get anxiety for no reason.

I was diagnosed with adrenal exaustion by my naturopathic doctor and have been treating it with vitamins and licorice root for about the same amount of time i have been doing the candida cleanse... about 6 months. The fast has made quite a bit of progress on healing my adrenal glands as well. I take b complex, adrenal support, omega3 and 6, multivitamins and multiminerals, and melatonin that i get from my naturopathic doctor... they cost about $300 a month so hopefully i can stop taking them soon. I took all of them during the fast. 6 months ago when i did the test, i had stage 3 adrenal exaustion, which is the worst stage, and i am only 25. But i have had a series of stressful events and post traumatic stress disorder which caused my sleep cycle to be disrupted, plus the candida was probably attacking my adrenals as well.

I suggest you guys check yourselves out on a self test for adrenal exaustion, i have heard that candida and adrenal fatique often go hand and hand. Symptoms are that you have a much harder time dealing with stress, and you never really feel awake in the morning, but at night time you are wide awake.

Edited by user Friday, July 20, 2012 8:46:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Infected for 2 years, treated for 6 months using this website. Finished off my candida using hemp oil and fasting with strawberries and celery.
Sponsor
Offline raster  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2012 10:18:45 AM(UTC)
raster

Man

Was thanked: 861 time(s) in 718 post(s)
Did you juice or eat anything else while fasting?

How long has it been since your fast and what are you eating now regularly?

This is very interesting except the hash part...I do not think this has anti-candida properties whatsoever and should make it worse lol.

-raster
thanks 2 users thanked raster for this useful post.
Amanda_Grace on 2/22/2014(UTC), kittykat86 on 5/22/2014(UTC)
Offline raster  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2012 10:21:46 AM(UTC)
raster

Man

Was thanked: 861 time(s) in 718 post(s)
Also, on a side note, did you know that melatonin has side effects? It shouldn't be taken long term because it can cause breast problems in women and it becomes ineffective in time.

I take PS-100 aka Phosphatidylserine as an alternative and I recommend that you ask your naturopath about it because it has no side effects. It also boosts brain activity and makes you feel good in general.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphatidylserine

-raster
Offline 420biker  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2012 10:36:55 AM(UTC)
420biker

Its been 2 days since the fast. Ate slow cooked chicken 2 days in a row but had a bunch of choclate on the 2nd day.

Pretty much just did a water fast, except had the soup broth from this website 3x a day.

Im starting a new fast starting this morning. Yeah melotonin probably isnt the best to take long term but i hardly need it now anyway... just gotta stick to my routine and not stay up late.
Infected for 2 years, treated for 6 months using this website. Finished off my candida using hemp oil and fasting with strawberries and celery.
Offline 420biker  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2012 10:41:22 AM(UTC)
420biker

Also all water i drink, i alkaline it before i drink it... you can buy these alkaline sticks that make your water the opposite of acidic, it helps keep you from getting too hungry and it helps keep fungus from spreading. Its $15 for the stick and its good for about 3 months, i got it at the naturopathic doc but anyone can buy them
Offline Latka  
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2012 12:43:51 AM(UTC)
Latka

I have also previously experienced that my symptoms disappeared while fasting. However, at least for me they also returned when I started eating food again (and I was following the strict diet). It seems to me that fasting can give the digestive system a break and allow it to heal. It is however not something I want to or can keep doing in the long term, and I am not sure if it's a long term solution for curing candida. If it worked for you, that' s great. I will keep looking fora solution that might work for me.
User is suspended until 2/20/2041 5:52:52 PM(UTC) Able900  
#7 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2012 12:59:55 AM(UTC)
Able900

Man

Was thanked: 572 time(s) in 391 post(s)
“(Alkaline) helps keep fungus from spreading.”

That statement is quite incorrect.

The statement below is quoted from The mBio Access Publication in association with the American Academy of Microbiology.

“The fungal pathogen Candida albicans induces hyphal morphogenesis by raising extracellular pH.”
(The higher the pH, the more alkaline the environment becomes.)

The pH balance of most of your body normally takes care of itself unless you do something drastic (such as drinking alkaline water) in an attempt to change it.

However, in order to cure a Candida infestation, you'll have to do what is necessary to allow your intestines to develop an acidic pH environment. The reason this is necessary is because an alkaline environment in your intestines will turn the Candida growth gene on and therefore convert the benign Candida in your body into an aggressive, pathogenic fungal form that we know as Candida albicans. This is why you have your infestation, and until you reverse the situation by rebuilding the flora, you'll have to continue to deal with the infestation.

As stated, in order to change the environment of your intestines from alkaline to acidic, rebuilding the population of the flora in your intestines is required; there's simply no other way to come to a complete cure without this taking place. Consider that that the bacteria are referred to as "lactic acid bacteria" in reference to their acidic nature.

This is one of the reasons that homemade kefir and high doses of quality probiotics are recommended in our protocol as they both contain lactic acid bacteria.

Able
Offline benc  
#8 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2012 5:49:49 AM(UTC)
benc

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Whats the general opinion on intermittent fasting? I've done a few days during my treatment, due to fatigue & bad reaction to foods, it actually made me feel better.It improved my mental state, but then so did having a vegan day.

But I was under the impression that not eating when you had adrenal fatigue was one of the worst things you could do.
Offline Javizy  
#9 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2012 7:18:08 AM(UTC)
Javizy

Man

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
benc wrote:
Whats the general opinion on intermittent fasting? I've done a few days during my treatment, due to fatigue & bad reaction to foods, it actually made me feel better.It improved my mental state, but then so did having a vegan day.

But I was under the impression that not eating when you had adrenal fatigue was one of the worst things you could do.

I think what you said about adrenal problems is true. I haven't read much into it, but it seems like staying out of ketosis as much as possible allows your adrenals to rest somewhat. Even most carb-bingers enter ketosis overnight, so people with adrenal issues might want something with some carbs before bed to help support them overnight. It's probably even more necessary for those with poor liver function, since they probably won't be able to store much glycogen.

As for IF, I'm still not decided on it. It seems to allow the body to do some metabolic "cleanup" on the one hand, improving insulin resistance, increasing autophagy etc, but it's harder on the adrenals and thyroid on the other. If it makes you feel good and no other symptoms appear, it's probably a sign that you're okay with it. Might be a good idea to read up on it first though. The blogosphere seems quite polarised on it, as with most things...
Offline 420biker  
#10 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2012 6:50:08 PM(UTC)
420biker

Yeah i think a veggie fast is the way to go for adrenal exaustion (juice the veggies.. lots of broccoli), but just for a period of time to give the digestive system a break. The water fast seemed to help my adrenals at first but then they got a little worse after... but it could from the choclate i ate. But fasting is definately helpful in adrenal exaustion if you do it right, anyway that you can eliminate toxins without messing them up worse. I totally messed my fast up though.. you gotta do it either before, during, or after the 14 day veggie cleanse they talk about on the site.. otherwise it doesnt do much good in starving bad bacteria. The biggest benefit of the the fast is that you learn what your actual hunger level is, not your comfort zone hunger level... but your actual hunger level. I found it was much easier to eat smaller meals less frequenly now after i did the fast.

I just checked out a youtube video on some guy who cured his candida, and other people's candida by eating fruit instead of meals... the way it works is by powering up your liver with vitamin c so it can overcome the candida. It makes logical sense because sometimes when i get the munchies and i eat some fruit my candida gets better for a while... the trick is you gotta eat it on an empty stomach, and he says not to eat very much food either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whe9_6Qo6zo

This fruit diet could be our missing link to getting rid of this for good. Attack the problem by the root cause.... your liver... which needs all kinds of sources of yummy vitamin C... not just starving it with boring vegetables lol.. yes i know veggies have vitamin c but i think we probably need all kinds of sources of it. It might be part of why we crave sweets so badly.. maybe becuz we need more fruit in our system?? the guy in the vid says the fruit will bind to the toxins and remove them from your body. im pretty sure you have fruit instead of supper for about 3x a week.

Im gonna try this out, we shall see how she goes.

If it doesnt work out i can always go back to square 1 and try another 14 day cleanse, but this time do it while im doing a parasite cleanse at the same time.. that would kick some serious albicanis ass. Ill keep u posted
Offline Javizy  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2012 2:13:41 AM(UTC)
Javizy

Man

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Quote:
The biggest benefit of the the fast is that you learn what your actual hunger level is, not your comfort zone hunger level... but your actual hunger level. I found it was much easier to eat smaller meals less frequenly now after i did the fast.

This probably has more to do with hormonal changes/destruction during such a long "cleanse", e.g. increased reverse T3. Your body slows your metabolism down, so you expend less energy and have less appetite, and probably cold feet, hair loss, fatigue etc if it persists. It's a natural survival mechanism during starvation or massive calorie deficit.

There are easier ways to get vitamin C than extreme diets, and it doesn't explain the potential benefits of a fruitarian approach. High sugar, high mineral diets seem to work for some people, but it depends on what problem you're trying to solve. If your candida is a symptom of weak thyroid or adrenal function (do lots of fasting if you like this), fatty liver, poor glucose handling etc, then a diet that focuses on those issues may help it.

I don't understand the crappy music link though? Spam maybe?
Offline bullandbear  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2012 3:27:59 AM(UTC)
bullandbear

The results of your fasting routine seems appealing. However, it scares me greatly that I have to fast. I have lost more 6 pounds from March to mid June and then when I started a herbal cleanse in June, I've accelerated my weight-loss and from June to now, I've dropped another 10 pounds. My diet is not exactly an anti candida diet. I still take some vinegar and supposedly restricted carbs (including fruits, root vegetables, mushrooms etc) along with protein and greens. I figure that I cannot afford to lose more weight with a strict adherence to the candida diet. If anything, I'm eating more and my grocery bills have gone off the roof. I'm just not absorbing my food i think.

My condition has reached a point where the weight loss actually freaks me out and stresses me so much just thinking it may be cancer instead because I couldn't get a proper diagnosis on Candida. My spouse thinks I'm delusional now and I have no support to lean on.

I train with weights and resistance and have never thought of wanting to lose weight, if anything, I wish I had another 20-40lbs on my now only 162lb frame.

Did you notice severe or rapid weight loss on the fast? That's something I want to avoid.

On the topic, does anyone here also experience rapid weight loss when on a cleanse? I don't know if weight loss is a symptom of die-off or not. I take a rotation of coconut oil and garlic, Dr Christopher's Parasite cleanse and Clove oil. I also take a probiotic supplement at least few hours from my anti-fungals.
User is suspended until 2/20/2041 5:52:52 PM(UTC) Able900  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2012 4:34:48 AM(UTC)
Able900

Man

Was thanked: 572 time(s) in 391 post(s)
Quote:
I figure that I cannot afford to lose more weight with a strict adherence to the candida diet.

Are you using virgin coconut oil and eating avocados in your diet? These alone stopped my weight loss from occurring, and as you add more of the coconut oil, the weight slowly starts to return. If you’ve not used it, start with one teaspoon of coconut oil and work your way up to 14-16 teaspoons a day.

Able
Offline 420biker  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2012 5:05:23 AM(UTC)
420biker

Ive had a problem with losing weight too... i havent weighed this little ever since i was 16 and im 25 now.. but when i did the fast i only lost half a pound a day, some days i didnt lose any at all. After i ate something i ended up weighing more than i did before starting the fast.

Last night i had a really dry mouth and my candida was starting to spread a bit from all the chocolate ive been eating... i tried eating a bunch of fruit on a somewhat empty stomach... almost right away i could feel the acids of the fruit breaking down toxins in me. The next morning, woke up with a very clear mouth, mouth was not dry at all either.

I ate 6 cherries, 1 apple (including eating the seeds.. they cure cancer so they might help candida) and about 10 strawberries, then i ate a piece of raw celery after the fruit.

I didnt even take the liver flush, or the fibre yesterday and im not constipated either for once.. one of the biggest bowel movements i have had in a long time.

I think fasting would work awesome with fruit.. nothing but oxygen, lotsa and good vitamin c for the liver... plus the liver gets a break since it doesnt need to break down food so much.

EAT MORE FRUIT, thank me later :P

Offline 420biker  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2012 8:39:24 AM(UTC)
420biker

Holy i lost 9.5lbs over night after i ate that fruit.. its got to be all toxic waste my body got rid of because there was alot of it. I did not lose any muscle tone at all. Dark circles are hardly there at all even though i didnt sleep too well last night, since i didnt smoke up early enough in the night to burn out in time.

This morning for breakfast i had some more strawberries, an apple and a bunch of blueberries... mouth is continuing to be very clear. I waited until i was sure i was hungry, then for lunch i ate some sea salt rice chips (sugar free healthy ones), a handful of almonds, and a piece of raw celery.

Im noticing that im getting some decent die off from the fruit cleansing ive been doing. I havent even been having any kind of antifungals the last 2 days... who woulda thought fruit by itself would work so well... you would think the sugar in the fruit would feed the candida, but it overpowers this effect by fixing the root cause.

The trick is to make sure you eat it on an empty stomach, fruit digests much quicker than any other food you eat, and it needs to be able to go through fast or it will only ferment. The acids break down toxic waste and shoots it out of your body. Make sure you eat the fruit in small bites, since saliva is needed to break down the food, and chew well. Whatever you do, dont cut the fruit... eat it whole. Cutting it instantly destroys most of the vitamin C.

The problem with starving off the candida with just veggies is that it cant break down the toxins properly. So in the end no matter how long you cleanse there is still toxins left over. You need to break them down with fruit acid and keep doing so, im going to see if i can finish beating this without antifungals or probiotics, it probably will save me alot of money.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 24, 2012 8:44:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Kamilion  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2012 11:36:11 AM(UTC)
Kamilion

420Biker, I was also smoking, vaporizing, injesting and even juicing marijuana buds myself pretty much after I was diagnosed with Crohns (My Naturopath diagnosed me with Candida sometime before that). Also all my marijuana I used in the past was 100% medicinal, potent and pure. I was an occasional smoker prior to that diagnosis. It does make you feel incredible, almost normal again but I found it masks symptoms of Candida, and during the burnout stage I was getting thrush or that fuzzy white tongue symptom, especially after smoking a joint. It depresses your immune system and limits your body's ability to fight off Candida, and the reason you feel better is because your body isn't producing "die off" reactions because it's not responding to the Candida infection as it should be.
"We conclude that marijuana smoking does not alter phagocytic behavior or the respiratory burst of human PAM, but marijuana smoking does decrease the ability of human PAM to destroy ingested Candida albicanus."
http://www.drugscience.org/Petition/C2B.html

In some minor cases I guess it is not absolutely crucial to quit. And believe me I am still all for medicinal marijuana, it's a fantastic remedy, it was near impossible for me to quit, but I'm more committed to getting back to health. And as for fruit I'm not so sure that works for everyone but if it works for you that's great! Keep updates!
Offline Kamilion  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2012 11:48:26 AM(UTC)
Kamilion

I have heard of hemp oil and it's uses, I'm curious if you used traditional methods in producing yours? I've found that juicing buds in the past gave me the most beneficial effects with my IBD symptoms, I'm not so sure if it benefited my condition in the long-term.
Offline 420biker  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2012 3:31:16 PM(UTC)
420biker

Finally a fellow smoker on here :P

Ive tried juicing bud as well too, i find that juicing leaf works just as well though, just doesnt taste as good. I noticed it made my allergies really bad, but the oils from the leaf seem to help lubricate your stomach and whatnot.. when you juice bud raw,the antioxidants more powerful than some vitamins.. and it has really good anti inflammatory benefits too. But it didnt make enough of a difference to me to be worth the effort. Supposed to be really good for some health problems though, and the benefit of this way is that you stay alert during the day. I hear it works best for preventive medicine than anything though.

For the oil,
first i freeze the bud, so cholorphyll does not come off the plant, crush the material.

soak the bud in 99% iso... it is the cleanest extraction method... i soak it for 3 mins, then soak the same material again for another 3 mins to get the final 20% of the THC. Make sure you use more than it takes to cover the bud.

I use a full oz of high grade indica bud, i soak a bit at a time then throw it all in a coffee pot... then i turn on the coffee pot and let it sit for a day or so.. until its almost done cooking... then i put the oil in a small metal measuring cup, and add 5-10 drops of distilled water, and cook it until there is hardly any water left... since water evaporates at a higher temp than the iso all the iso will be evaporated.

This method is used for treating cancer patients.. 2lbs of bud will make 2oz of oil, and will be enough to cure almost any cancer in 3 months.

It does lower your immune system slightly but that is not relevant, it has other healing properties. I agree with you, smoking a joint does make your candida worse.. thats because it contains slightly cancerous compounds, and also when you smoke you are destroying 95% of the healing properties of cannibis compared to ingesting it as oil.

THC in its purest form, has antifungal properties... heres my theory how..

you know how they say when you smoke a joint it gets stuck in your fat cells? Well thats because THC binds in between you cells, and it stays there for a long time... if you fill your cells with enough pure thc (and other herbal oils) then there isnt room there for fungus to spread. It works kind of like coconut oil except it sticks to your cells for a longer period of time. Just like any antifungal it should be used to finish off your candida... the trick is you need a ton of it at once. If you take it when you are fasting it will have more of an affect as well... since the food soaks up some of the thc. Its expensive as hell, your best bet is to get some good seeds or clones and grow it yourself... that way you can use awesome organic fertilizer too. It only costs about $50 to grow $2000 worth of herb indoor once you set it up, most strains will finish in less than 3 months.

Another cool thing about cannabis... it does not affect your breathing whatsoever... in fact this 20 year study claims it can help your lungs... more oxygen in the blood is a good thing for the fight against candida.

http://www.tokeofthetown...thing_problems_may_h.php

Somewhere on one of my FB pages i have a scientific explaination of how hemp oil has antifungal and anticancerous properties too, ill have to look for it.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 24, 2012 3:35:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline bullandbear  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2012 10:39:44 PM(UTC)
bullandbear

Able900 wrote:
Quote:
I figure that I cannot afford to lose more weight with a strict adherence to the candida diet.

Are you using virgin coconut oil and eating avocados in your diet? These alone stopped my weight loss from occurring, and as you add more of the coconut oil, the weight slowly starts to return. If you’ve not used it, start with one teaspoon of coconut oil and work your way up to 14-16 teaspoons a day.

Able

I am currently taking only 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. I've not been eating avocados. I need to find more high calorie foods. Thank you for the advice.

I find it very difficult to stick to the protocol.

Not sure if anyone here works out in the gym with weights? What has been your experience with regards to body composition. The weird thing is that I've been losing a lot of bodyfat more than muscle. Does my candida strain like fats? I can start to see outline of my abs but I'd trade it for being plump again anytime and not having to deal with the chronic pain, asthma and digestive problems.
Offline flailingWcandi  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2012 10:45:39 PM(UTC)
flailingWcandi

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 28 post(s)
bullandbear wrote:
The weird thing is that I've been losing a lot of bodyfat more than muscle. Does my candida strain like fats?

You might consider going easier on training while combating candid, which would help. My hunch is fat is easier for the body to covert to glucose, thus it raids fat storage prior to muscle storage. When the fat is used up, it's going to look for something else to support the calories needed for your workouts. But, I'm NO expert...take what you like and leave the rest.