Candida Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mamagibbs4  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2012 12:47:26 PM(UTC)
mamagibbs4

Groups: Registered

I am struggling with conficting info, which may be just my misunderstanding. Oregano Oil is listed on the Candida Diet website as a possible antifungal. However, I also do doTERRA essential oils. In one of their magazines, they listed a number of oils under categories of Antibacterial, Antivirul, Antifungal, and Antibiotic. Oregano was listed under Antibacterial and Antibiotic (and interestingly, not under Antifungal). Since killing bacteria is just what I DON'T want to do, I am nervous about using it as an antifungal. Could it be that I am misunderstanding the way Oregano Oil works? Does it fight yeast AND bacteria? Does it somehow kill foreign bacteria without killing the body's friendly bacteria? I am confused, and would like some advice from someone with some knowledge of essential oils, particularly Oregano.
Sponsor
Offline tlentz1108  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2012 1:40:08 AM(UTC)
tlentz1108

Hi mamagibbs4,

There is a consensus in information that I have researched that it will kill both bad and good bacteria, but it is also a potent anti-fungal killer as well. If you take a decent level of probiotics about an hour after you take oil of oregano, it should help you replace the good bacteria. So, I guess it is a judgement call whether you want to take it or not. There are plenty of other anti-fungals to choose from if you would rather not take oil of oregano and give you some peace of mind.

Best wishes,

Teresa
Offline mamagibbs4  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2012 3:08:05 PM(UTC)
mamagibbs4

Thankyou, Teresa!
Offline liciabelle  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 8:46:30 AM(UTC)
liciabelle

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I know you wrote this a while back, but I wanted to chime in and say that I am using the doTERRA oregano essential oil as well and have had great results. It does not kill the good bacteria... only the bad. I've found it to the most powerful oregano on the market. I'm using several of their other product and am finally healing. I was having die-off symptoms for over 2 months until I started using essential oils.

Check out the info below on how to use it:

(Look at all the tabs on this one for testimonials and suggested protocol)
http://everythingessenti...Candida.html#page=page-1

http://everythingessential.me/Oils/Oregano.html

Edited by user Wednesday, October 10, 2012 8:47:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Directed to wrong commenter

Offline Cari  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 9:00:25 AM(UTC)
Cari

liciabelle, thank you for the informative post. I'm going to look further into this! We've been contemplating taking oil of oregano but the brand we have on hand is P73. Would that work just as well?

Cari
Offline liciabelle  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 9:23:38 AM(UTC)
liciabelle

Cari,

I used the Oreganol P73 by dropping it under my tongue 2-3 times a day and didn't notice a difference in my health... at least not a significant difference. I purchased 2 bottles of the Oreganol and I plan to return the one that is unopened. I'm not sure if I will ever finish using the opened bottle, which is unfortunate because it wasn't cheap. There are a lot of people on this forum who feel they have had success with the P73... it just didn't work as well for me.

I had heard that the doTERRA oregano was a lot stronger but I figured I could use it the same way as the Oreganol. I was wrong! The first time I tried to put the doTERRA oregano under my tongue, it burned my lip pretty bad. BAD IDEA! I should have read up on how to use it first. So after learning my lesson the hard way, I started rubbing it on my feet. If you want to take it internally, you can put it into empty gel caps. I plan to do that once I have a chance to buy some gel or veggie capsules.
Offline Cari  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 2:20:17 PM(UTC)
Cari

liciabelle, how did that work for you rubbing oregano oil on your feet? I imagine it would absorb and circulate through the body via the blood stream killing off virus, bacteria and fungus. Is there a protocol for using it that way. Seems good for those that can't swallow capsules.

I'll look further into the doTERRA oregano oil.

Thank you for all the details. I sure appreciate your comments!

Cari
Offline liciabelle  
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 8:48:44 AM(UTC)
liciabelle

Cari,
Putting the doTERRA oregano oil on my feet has worked great! They do caution not to use it more than 10 consecutive days. Just like the suggestions here on the forum, it would be best to rotate the oregano with other anti-fungals. If you can get past the smell of spaghetti and pizza permeating from your feet... it works great! ;)

According to the research that I've read, if you apply the doTERRA oregano to the bottoms of your feet then it will be in your blood stream within 30 seconds. In 14-20 minutes, it will have touched every cell in your body. That is amazing stuff!

Another cool use for the oregano is to kill warts. My husband works in the oil field where they have community bathrooms/showers. He managed to bring them home with him and I got one. Lovely! I have been putting the oregano on my wart and it is going away faster than any store bought brand that I have ever used.