Candida Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tres  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 28, 2012 1:34:13 AM(UTC)
Tres

Groups: Registered
Woman

Hello,I've looked at the foods allowed and disallowed. My question is on stage 2 can we have unsweetened organic cocoa? Thank toy, Tres
Sponsor
User is suspended until 2/20/2041 5:52:52 PM(UTC) Able900  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 28, 2012 2:41:32 AM(UTC)
Able900

Man

Was thanked: 562 time(s) in 385 post(s)
Tres wrote:
Hello,I've looked at the foods allowed and disallowed. My question is on stage 2 can we have unsweetened organic cocoa? Thank toy, Tres

I assume you're talking about the website's diet, and not the stricter version of that diet, but it makes no difference really; chocolate will only make it more difficult to completely heal your adrenals and therefore your immune system, which in turn will slow the entire progress of treating your infestation.

Able
Offline Tres  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 28, 2012 4:07:28 AM(UTC)
Tres

Woman

Thank You
Offline yellowmonster  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2012 5:51:03 PM(UTC)
yellowmonster

Woman

How does sugar slow it down?
It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.
Offline dave  
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 2:05:28 PM(UTC)
dave

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I want to resurrect this post because I am truly wondering how this might affect us. I have been on the diet for about 3 weeks now and all the crap about eliminating sugar and the cravings will go away in a few days to a week is just that, crap. I have been feeling extremely depressed and since I hav eno energy to even shower myself most days I dont get serotonin from exercise, I dont get it from my food, or any other source. My question is about the follwning recepie and if it would be that bad for us:

coconut oil
unsweetened organic cacao powder
steviea

This is then mixed together in liquid form and frozen in cubes. My wife suprised me with this today and said it was from the candida diet and I trusted her since she makes most of the food because I am too weak to. I loved it despite it slight bitterness and figured it had to be too good to be true. I found this post and want to know what a little bit of unsweetened cacao would hurt? Thanks for any and all advice.
Offline sushified  
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 2:26:29 PM(UTC)
sushified

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dave Go to Quoted Post
I want to resurrect this post because I am truly wondering how this might affect us. I have been on the diet for about 3 weeks now and all the crap about eliminating sugar and the cravings will go away in a few days to a week is just that, crap. I have been feeling extremely depressed and since I hav eno energy to even shower myself most days I dont get serotonin from exercise, I dont get it from my food, or any other source. My question is about the follwning recepie and if it would be that bad for us:

Has anything in your diet been something that may be feeding the candida? Any ingredients in supplements or probiotics you are taking? I went through this same feeling for a couple days and realized I needed to be 'stricter' and the cravings disappeared.

I would avoid all sugar, especially the chocolate. And most especially the stevia, depending on the form you are using, but stevia also slowed down my healing.

Offline dave  
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 2:57:02 PM(UTC)
dave

United States

I have only.eaten foods on Able's list so no, there has been no deviation.

Also, why especially Stevia? I havent heard that anywhere else on this forum and it is on Able's list. I dont seem to be having.any issues that I can tell but I dont know how I.would know?

Again I ask what is wrong with unsweetened organic cacao powder?
Offline shayfo  
#8 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 5:31:42 PM(UTC)
shayfo

United States

Was thanked: 264 time(s) in 206 post(s)
I'm guessing that since Able mentioned the adrenals, he's implying cocoa is on the "no" list because it contains caffeine and theobromine, which are both stimulants.
Offline hope4eva77  
#9 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 11:23:59 PM(UTC)
hope4eva77

United States

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 58 post(s)
I don't think this is that bad if u only ate it once or twice a wk. I have been using stevia in everything I thought it was OK I couldn't live without it but I'm brand new in the treatment so wouldn't know if it is an issue I sure hope not!
Offline mrs.candida  
#10 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 12:02:57 AM(UTC)
mrs.candida

United States

Was thanked: 128 time(s) in 100 post(s)
There are a few reasons why it's not allowed.
1. it's a bean, high in carbs and sugar
2. the caffeine in coco can affect your adrenal glands adversely
3. the low ph and high sugar in coco beans is perfect for yeast, one test showed that dried coco had 24 strands of yeast living on it.

"Research by Hansen and Welty shows that yeasts multiply very rapidly during fermentation and are able to survive drying and storage. One can find up to 107 yeast/gram in stored beans. After fermentation the cocoa beans are dried."

Quote:
I have been on the diet for about 3 weeks now and all the crap about eliminating sugar and the cravings will go away in a few days to a week is just that, crap. I have been feeling extremely depressed and since I hav eno energy to even shower myself most days I dont get serotonin from exercise, I dont get it from my food, or any other source.

Spinach, Kale and broccoli are all great sources of tryptophan and vitamin B6, both strong serotonin precursors.

Depression can be a die off symptom.

You've been on the strict diet 3 weeks and are still having strong sugar cravings? I would think maybe something wrong, or possibly the sugar cravings are from the die off?

Edited by user Monday, February 11, 2013 1:03:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked mrs.candida for this useful post.
Jo*Jo on 2/25/2013(UTC)
Offline Miriam  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:41:45 PM(UTC)
Miriam

Woman

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Hi,

I found a site with info on chocolate. Hope it helps.
http://cacaoweb.net/nutrition.html

I make this with xylitrol. I probably didnt spell it right. Its not something I make frequently. I feel when I want something chocolate sweet real bad I make some.

Miriam
Offline alexalgebra  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 1:59:33 AM(UTC)
alexalgebra

United States

Was thanked: 281 time(s) in 192 post(s)
xylitol is a sugar alcohol and it will feed candida.
Offline samuel50  
#13 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 4:48:07 AM(UTC)
samuel50

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
According to the folks at Whole Foods, all cocoa is acid-producing. It's the roasting and refining process that makes it acidic, and candida loves an acidic environment.
Offline dave  
#14 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 7:57:12 AM(UTC)
dave

United States

that would be false, whoever told you that candida loves acid has no idea what they are talking about. Candida thrives on an alkaline environment but acid neutralizes and kills it...which is why we take Swedish bitters and other things to promote the acidity in our stomachs.
Offline 1533jd  
#15 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 12:01:05 PM(UTC)
1533jd

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 14 post(s)

coconut oil
unsweetened organic cacao powder
steviea

This is then mixed together in liquid form and frozen in cubes. My wife suprised me with this today and said it was from the candida diet and I trusted her since she makes most of the food because I am too weak to. I loved it despite it slight bitterness and figured it had to be too good to be true. I found this post and want to know what a little bit of unsweetened cacao would hurt? Thanks for any and all advice.

Personally in retrospect I think the first month should be a gradual process whereby you allow yourself one grade 2 cheat every other day, twice a week or whatever, like pork (Bacon&eggs for me!) or beef (Steak!). These will most likely irritate your gut but won't set you back anywhere near as much as caffeine, heavy amounts of starch, sugar or yeast would.

Essentially what Im trying to say is go easy on yourself at the start and allow yourself to progressively get more strict the easier it becomes for you. I found the intense sugar cravings or the need to wolf down a pizza very enticing and obviously at times found it difficult to overcome these thoughts, dont worry though, once you have eliminated sugar the sugar cravings will go after 5 days. I would say after about 3-4 weeks (when your ready..), finally start to eliminate sugar completely, after a week or so of eliminating it you should start to notice a difference. Good Luck Buddy!

Grade 1 cheating for me is eating a chocolate bar, pizza etc
Grade 2 is Pork, Beef, Nuts, Xylitol
Offline Kag  
#16 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 9:18:22 PM(UTC)
Kag

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 82 post(s)
I have a "cheat" food probably once a week now, and I feel okay about it. I think that some of us have to do that in order to stay on the diet the rest of the time. I love chocolate too, but I miss pasta more. Usually my cheat is noodles, but I think a stevia chocolate bar or xylitol one sounds lovely.
User is suspended until 2/20/2041 5:52:52 PM(UTC) Able900  
#17 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 7:39:37 PM(UTC)
Able900

Man

Was thanked: 562 time(s) in 385 post(s)
I have been on the diet for about 3 weeks now and all the crap about eliminating sugar and the cravings will go away in a few days to a week is just that, crap.
No, it's not 'crap' Dave. And personally, I'd appreciate it if you would not post your own No one can tell you how long it will take "you" to reach a stage when the cravings stop, but I can certainly guarantee you of one thing, that being; it’s likely to take a hell of a lot longer than a few days to a week for all of the cravings to go away, but it does happen, but not if you cheat on the diet. If you cheat on the diet then you can forget about the cravings disappearing.

The bottom line is, everyone is different, you can't possibly tell the forum that it's all crap and impossible for the cravings to cease just because you are still experiencing them after three weeks.

Able

Offline dave  
#18 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 8:10:12 PM(UTC)
dave

United States

Hey man, I respect everything that you have done for this forum and putting the protocol together here but dont tell me that because I still feel cravings and feel the previous members claims are crap that my assessment is not warranted. You have cherry picked my responses without reading the context or previous conversations that led me to that conclusion. Other members have fervently stated that eliminating all sugar will totally remove cravings in 5 days or so...for me thats crap and I have a right to say so...thats the point of these forums is sharing patient experience and I shared mine.

In regard to this specific thread I was asking about pure coco with no sugar along with stevia in coconut oil...no sugar there but helps to eliminate or satisfy cravings...I got my answer but I think its a shame that just because someone's view doesnt align with your protocol you request me not to post it. There is a lot of stuff on this forum that you would call crap and probably a lot of those who are healing would too but its still posted. Im referencing my own experience and I/we are all entitled to that. I said nothing of the protocol being crap but I think its fair to allow anyone to express their experience on here.
Offline Kag  
#19 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 9:08:07 PM(UTC)
Kag

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 82 post(s)
I believe that my very intense sugar cravings went away but it took a long time, and I still crave sugar sometimes. I think everyone is different.
Offline dave  
#20 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 9:21:19 PM(UTC)
dave

United States

For sure everyone is different. What I was trying to get at is that for me, it is not true that only a few days or even weeks have resolved my sugar cravings. I have been able to refrain from indulging but when I see it out somewhere or pass it in the store I have strong urges. I think it can be done because when I was well enough to train and workout I could go without it, but I had the payoff of endorphins being released from activity rather than from eating cake. Im about 6 weeks in now and still have them but have been able to refrain. Good luck to you.