Candida Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dvjorge  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 9:57:35 AM(UTC)
dvjorge

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 200 time(s) in 143 post(s)
I think it is important to have guidance to release the strict diet step by step.
I have been thinking what could be the better food to start releasing the diet.
It may be a good idea to create a list of what can be added gradually.

I am not thinking to release my diet soon, but would like to know different opinions.

For instance,
Brown Rice
Sweet Potatoes
Yams
Malanga Roots
Plantains
Beans,
Blue Berries
Carrots
Strawberries
Green Aples

What do you think ??
Maybe Able and Raster can elaborate a reference list of the less problematic food.
This is hard to find. When people feel necessary to add more food variety, sometimes, they do it without knowing what may cause a relapse.
Jorge.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 15, 2012 9:58:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Offline raster  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 10:14:17 AM(UTC)
raster

Man

Was thanked: 727 time(s) in 601 post(s)
I think fruits are a good thing to add later in your treatment. Papaya, tomatoes, berries, apples, plums, etc are good only if they are fresh.

I realized I completely gave false information recently stating I was one year into the diet. I actually (looking back) started to strict forum version of the candida diet last June/July or so. I had a fail version of the candida diet a few months before starting that version of the diet.

I think your list is pretty good. I personally think potatoes are easily digestable later in your treatment as well, same with pumpkin (throughout my treatment). If you have too large of a serving of anything of course, or eat it too frequently, it can become problematic. I am not planning on eating potatoes every day of the week ever again like I used to, but once or twice a week isn't the end of the world after 11 months on the candida diet.

I also am eyeballing something like granola to try out soon to see how I handle it. I guess I like the flavor of it; I keep thinking about the sugary version of it though (from the cereal box)...not going for that in a long time.

Nuts of course are a good thing to add later in your treatment but I have a strong fear of mold from my toxic mold poisoning; when I eat almond butter though, I don't think about it for whatever reason. Almond or rice milk is something else I am eyeballing as well as goat's milk (at a later time).

You've got to get off the candida diet at least some in the long term, it is not meant to be so strict for so long.

-raster

User is suspended until 2/20/2041 5:52:52 PM(UTC) Able900  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 10:20:33 AM(UTC)
Able900

Man

Was thanked: 559 time(s) in 385 post(s)
Hello, Jorge.

The first foods I added were ½ Granny Smith apple a day and then dried beans. I wanted to add the beans quickly since I wanted to continue avoiding a lot of meat protein, and both of these seemed to work very well from the beginning. I continued for quite some time avoiding foods such as brown rice and other starches. Following the beans I added sweet potatoes, these also presented no problems.

All three of these first foods added to my diet are great prebiotics which I thought would be a big plus. Believe me, just adding these three items alone made a huge difference in the diet. Gradually I began to add other foods.

Able
Offline Positivo  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 10:31:28 AM(UTC)
Positivo

I look forward to eating those foods as well. I think its going to be important to make your own of everything you eat on a regular basis. Eating out is a pain and even the highest quality health food stores sell products with sugar. For instance I would like to eat granola as raster stated but when that time comes I will be making it myself because I have yet to see one that doesn't have cane sugar or evaporated Cane juice. Stuff like that can be good in the long run if the ingredients are sprouted and consumed in moderation. What about gluten free oatmeal? Would this also be a good item to add after the strict diet?
Pain and suffering is only temporary. It will subside and one day it will by replaced by something else. Stay positive
Offline dvjorge  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 10:54:10 AM(UTC)
dvjorge

Was thanked: 200 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Thanks for your answers.
I think this is an important topic because as Raster said, we need to have a plan to resume our life after this hard work.
I have lost more weight. My pants were down from 32 to 30. I have been very strict but I believe I have reached a plateau. I have done several enemas without seen white strings and stuff that look candida. Still, I am reacting to something I am eating. I need to stop the Kefir and yogurt to see if it is the diary.

This candidiasis nightmare is a problem because I have been very worried about the link between it and a possible trigger of Celiac disease.
I don't know if I can eat gluten again and don't want to try it now.

Science has developed a new antibody test to detect Celiac that may help us in an future. According to what I read, this new antibody test plus the anti tissue transglutaminase test rule out a possible reaction to gliadin.
Jorge.