Candida Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline davi_90  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2011 5:30:37 AM(UTC)
davi_90

Groups: Registered

I want to ask whether plain organic oats that I make my porridge without sugar or salt are ok in candida diet. I eat aproximately 100g that contains 50 carbohydrates and only 0,7 sugar. I prepare them with organic soy milk without sugar or sweeteners (nil sugap per 100ml). Can I keep these meal in my diet. I would appriciate any response. Thank you :)
Sponsor
Offline sarah  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2011 5:38:24 AM(UTC)
sarah

Oats contain gluten, so they're not included in the candida diet.
Offline davi_90  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2011 10:37:13 AM(UTC)
davi_90

Yes, I know that oats do contain gluten , but as far as I know it is not the same that wheat contain. I have no gluten intolerance so I would just think that organic oats soaked in water overnight could be helpful as they contain a lot of soluble and insoluble fibre. I am quite confused.

among many I found a lot of positive things about oats but I really do not know.

for example :
Fight Intestinal Candida With Raw Oats

Avena sativa, or oats can significantly inhibit fungal growth, due to a powerful enzyme called chitinase. This enzyme is denatured by the heating process, so try this recipe for raw oatmeal.

Raw Oatmeal

1 cup groats (also called sprouting oats or Scottish oats)

Place in a jar and cover with water, letting stand for 2 hours or overnight. Blend in a blender and enjoy. Add cinnamon, nuts and seeds as desired.
Offline Terrylee5151  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 11:51:36 AM(UTC)
Terrylee5151

My herbalist told me that I could eat oats.... in moderation. He did say to eat the as close to the natural grain as possible... so I bought oat groats. Have you tried them? Really really good. Take longer to cook, but I guess they are much better for you.
LOL... I see you already know about oat groats...

I had a really hard time eating any carbs... and it was NOT because of candida, it ended up that I had parasites and parasites can cause allergies to almost all foods.

I ate 15 carbs per meal.... but that was because they made me really sick.
Terry
Offline helmax  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 11:12:27 AM(UTC)
helmax

Man

Response to posts by davi_90: Raw Oat Groats

On another Candida message board I read an experience that a fellow had with raw oat groats. He had been eating them on a regular basis, every morning, for around a week, he started having "terrible" die-off symptoms every day. After researching further, he found that the oat groats were the reason. He had to cut back on the amount he was eating in order to control the die-off symptoms.

Have you had experienced of the die-off symptoms since you started eating them?

Also, I see that they have a very high carb count, this doesn't aggravate your Candida?
Anyone else tried these?

Thanks, Helmax
Offline flipperflop  
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2011 2:39:44 PM(UTC)
flipperflop

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
A gluten intolerance could be the reason you have candida. If this is the case you will never cure as the gluten could be the reason you are having candida symptoms. The best thing is to cut out all glutens and bring them in later slowly to see if it causes an effect. The problem is with candida symptoms can be systemic, which means you may not feel the negative effect of a food until a few days later. which is why it should be re-introduced slowly.

It's up to you. I have been eating them for the two years that I have been doing this diet and didn't realize it was gluten. Im now starting to realize that the gluten has been the problem the whole time.

Gluten can be found in sauces, sausages, wheat, durum, spelt, and sooooo many other things. Its actually crazy where it all is.

good luck
Offline flipperflop  
#7 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 11:21:04 AM(UTC)
flipperflop

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
i looked into it furthur was speaking to a few people and they say. there is no gluten in oats, however there is normally in the factories they produce them in. asnd the farming equiptment is used for wheat ect. so thats how it cross contaminates.

There are Gluten Free oats out there I bought them and they are sooooooooooo gooooood!!!