Candida Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline zimmer  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 1:35:49 AM(UTC)
zimmer

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I'm in my first week of stage 2 - the strict diet.
all's going really well and a lot of things such as blocked nose, fogginess are starting to dissipate.

last night I ate brown rice, which is on the allowed list and it was fine.
and I've been eating Organ Crispbread with Quinoa ingredients: Brown rice, wholegrain sorghum, wholegrain quinoa 10%, rice bran and salt.

I've also been having Eden Organic Brown Rice flakes - for breakfast with yoghurt almonds and chia seeds.

Then tonight I ate Organ Vegetable rice pasta spirals. Ingredients: Brown rice 99% vegies1%.

I then looked on this forum about brown rice products. I found posts from last year and in the discussion they were saying that brown rice was one of the foods to re-introduce after a while.
Now I'm not sure if I'm feeling a bit bloaty or if it's all in my head and I'm just paranoid...

So I guess I'm looking for clarification around this??

Thanks very muchly!

P.S on a side note...am I able to have soda water at all?

Edited by user Friday, April 20, 2012 2:21:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: extra question

Sponsor
Offline mazz  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 2:53:34 AM(UTC)
mazz

I eat brown rice but I try to have it only occasionally - small servings and not more than once a day (probably less). I've seen what people say about it on here. It doesn't cause me any obvious problem. I figure a little once in a while is okay.

Will be interested to see what others say.
Offline raster  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 3:31:43 AM(UTC)
raster

Man

Was thanked: 790 time(s) in 656 post(s)
We don't promote eating brown rice on the forum because of its starch content; it is roughly 80% starch from the research I've done about it. It is also is relatively high in carbs. I had brown rice the first 3 months of my diet and it did nothing but set me back; once I switched to buckwheat as a replacement, I started to heal much much faster. Buckwheat is roughly 25% starch.

If you do decide to eat rice, a much healthier alternative is to eat black, red, or wild rice which have great nutritional characteristics. Rotating foods is best while on the diet so that candida cannot adapt easily to your meals. So if you rotated rice, buckwheat, millet, etc...this would be a much better way to go.

I personally also noticed that I cannot digest rice very well, and undigested food in the gut/bowel is not good for fighting off candida. If the food ferments in the gut, it can be fed upon by candida and parasites...

We have a much stricter foods list on the forum that most of the forum members follow; if you want a copy email able900 for a link. Quinoa and rice are not on this list. Having a stricter diet will allow you to heal much faster.

Carbonated soda water is not allowed on the diet because it adds extra gases to your system which is not good if you are fighting candida. It has been covered on the forum a few times.

-raster

User is suspended until 2/20/2041 5:52:52 PM(UTC) Able900  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 3:36:01 AM(UTC)
Able900

Man

Was thanked: 563 time(s) in 386 post(s)
mazz wrote:
I figure a little once in a while is okay.
The translation of that statement is, "I figure feeding the Candida a little once in a while is okay."
Just enough to keep them alive, I assume.

Able
Offline Javizy  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 5:05:44 AM(UTC)
Javizy

Man

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
You can check the stats for yourself here http://nutritiondata.self.com/

Really, it's not much better than white rice, and has less fibre, protein and fat than all the other choices Raster mentioned, with much more starch and a considerably higher GI. Not very impressive since it tastes like crap and has a terrible texture when compared with white rice.

If there weren't other options, maybe you could justify small quantities of something like this, but why not try buckwheat, millet, oat bran or rice bran? The prebiotic properties of these foods will actually contribute towards your recovery, whereas brown rice offers little more than a quick carb fix.
Offline dvjorge  
#6 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 10:23:48 AM(UTC)
dvjorge

Was thanked: 231 time(s) in 162 post(s)
Javizy wrote:
You can check the stats for yourself here http://nutritiondata.self.com/

Really, it's not much better than white rice, and has less fibre, protein and fat than all the other choices Raster mentioned, with much more starch and a considerably higher GI. Not very impressive since it tastes like crap and has a terrible texture when compared with white rice.

If there weren't other options, maybe you could justify small quantities of something like this, but why not try buckwheat, millet, oat bran or rice bran? The prebiotic properties of these foods will actually contribute towards your recovery, whereas brown rice offers little more than a quick carb fix.

Javizy,
You are right. If I were to eat rice, I prefer white than brown. Brown rice is hard to digest and promotes fermentation in the colon. It is harder than white. It has a high glycemic index and high carbohydrate amount. There is almost no nutritional diference between parboiled, brown, and white rice. Parboiled may be better. The micro-nutrients removed during the refining process is minimum, so there isn't too much to lose.
Curiously, Dr. John P.Trowbridge, who wrote the famous book " The Yeast Syndrome" , has said candida growth faster in whole food than refined food. Contrary to what is mostly said in the web, whole bread gets mold faster than bread made with refined flour. Yeast loves nutrients and attack whole food. The same happens inside our gut.

Jorge.

Edited by user Friday, April 20, 2012 10:24:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline zimmer  
#7 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 2:20:31 PM(UTC)
zimmer

Thanks everybody!

It really re-affirms that I'm not being paranoid and I should listen to my body. I've woken up this morning with a stuffy nose the sqelchy liquid at the top of nose and corner of eye has returned when I sqeeze it. and it's not just the pollen in the air or dust in the room...

Ok here we go even stricter diet here I come. Abel900 you will hearing from me for that list!

Edited by user Friday, April 20, 2012 2:21:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: spelling

Offline orka1998  
#8 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2012 7:38:19 PM(UTC)
orka1998

Woman
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 65 post(s)
zimmer wrote:
Thanks everybody!

It really re-affirms that I'm not being paranoid and I should listen to my body. I've woken up this morning with a stuffy nose the sqelchy liquid at the top of nose and corner of eye has returned when I sqeeze it. and it's not just the pollen in the air or dust in the room...

Ok here we go even stricter diet here I come. Abel900 you will hearing from me for that list!

Yes listening to your body is the best way to go. I was going back and forth and having some brown rice at the beginning of my treatment, but did not really improve much until I switched it out for oat bran and buckwheat. I had periods where I ate brown rice and then when I get off of it I would seem to go through the die-off all over again. So this told me that I am feeding and killing the yeast constantly so what's the point of this treatment then? As oat bran and buckwheat are great prebioitcs, I am sticking with these for a while now and not even going to the other grains until I am sure I can handle it. I am passed three month mark of my treatment and am almost symptom free (few annoying little symptoms such as ear noise, dry mouth, not at my full strength yet etc are still lingering plus I still have days where I have a bit of die-off)

Best of luck to you zimmer!

Arijana