Candida Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ichigo13  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 08, 2012 1:37:38 PM(UTC)
ichigo13

Groups: Registered
Man

Four years ago I started to suffer from bad breath which really severed my life, I went to countless dentists and internal doctors for help but they would say there is nothing wrong with you, you're just thinking too much. But I was sure that something is wrong, so I did some research four years ago and found out that candida might be culprit by doing the simple home test. This time I went to the doctor and requested for an endoscopy. My doctor was surprised to see yeasts forming in my esophagus. The doctor prescribed me with Diflucan. It was effective, I can still remember the 2 weeks of taking Diflucan was the worst because of the die off, and at the same time felt really good thinking my life would be back to normal again. But I was wrong, I thought by eliminating candida would free me from the foul gas coming out from my mouth. xD

I went to a dentist specializing in curing people with halitosis. Spent thousand bucks. Telling me the root cause is the bad bacteria accumulating inside my mouth, unhealthy saliva etc. I did all their advice. Brush my teeth very well(which I always do even before going to them), floss it, scrub my tongue, take the mouthwash they prescribed me, drink water often, chew gums(to extract more saliva). I even had them pull out my wisdom teeth thinking tiny debris might be accumulating for bacterias to feast on. I believed by doing everything they say, it would boost my confidence to mingle with others and create more friends. But It only helped me a bit, I still feel somethings wrong with my breath. Mouth tastes metallic sometimes, shit sometimes, urine sometimes, I don't know what to do anymore. I don't know what I have done bad to have this illness. Why keep me from the most important and the most thing I like, create bond with my friends and families by communicating with them. I also can't find a long lasting relationship because of me worrying about this too much. I know i need to work on my mentality too which is very important in improving our health.

Four years ago, because of not much access to the things needed to do the candida diet. I never had the chance to try it. But NOW, its totally different, I am preparing to get all the needed antigungals, probiotics, recipes to try this candida diet to see how it would go for me. I am a little scared and also excited when I think optimistically of the result I would get from this long journey.

Is there who has done candida diet solely to eliminate bad breath?
Or anyone who has been worried of foul breath and thought that candida is the culprit?
Sponsor
Offline fscott  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 08, 2012 2:28:24 PM(UTC)
fscott

I am sorry that you have had to suffer so long with this problem. I've found that my candida-related breath issues can be kept under control by doing two things:

1.) I put a good amount of sea-salt on my tongue, leaving it there for about five minutes before spitting it out.

2.) After rinsing out the salt, I open up a probiotic capsule and pour the contents onto my tongue. I then use my toothbrush to spread the probiotic all over the tongue surface. I keep the probiotic in my mouth anywhere from 5-20 minutes before swallowing. I usually don't use a whole capsule; the amount you use will vary with the strength of the probiotic.

These things have helped me significantly over the last few weeks. I am hoping that it is a long term solution and that they remain effective in the future. I usually repeat these steps 2-3 times throughout the day.

Hope this helps. Whether or not you have candida, I would think these things could prove effective against the bacteria causing your bad breath.

(Also, don't use table salt. I've heard that it can be harmful.)
Offline fscott  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 08, 2012 2:36:27 PM(UTC)
fscott

I just re-read your post. I had forgotten that the doctor found candida in your esophagus. As this is the case, perhaps the bad breath is coming not from your mouth but from your throat, in which case the methods I suggested might not get the job done. I would still give it a try though, as it's easy and relatively cheap.
Offline CT  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 08, 2012 10:58:29 PM(UTC)
CT

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
ichigo13 wrote:

Mouth tastes metallic sometimes, shit sometimes, urine sometimes, I don't know what to do anymore.

Is there who has done candida diet solely to eliminate bad breath?
Or anyone who has been worried of foul breath and thought that candida is the culprit?

Hi, since you have said your breath smells fecal or of urine sometimes suggests that this is not the average bad breath that some people suffer from.

There are people who suffer from rare disorders that can cause them to smell of unusual substances such as feces, urine, bad eggs, garbage, onions, sulphur etc. The odor can originate from different places depending on the person so some people have it come from their breath, others in their body odor, feet, sweat etc. I suffer from fecal body odor.

Unfortuanately there is currently little research but there is a charity http://www.bloodbornebodyodorandhalitosis.com/# who are currently investigating the cause of these disorders through doing small informal research studies. They have found out that people who complain of unusual body odors often have a bacterial overgrowth, which is probably not a cause of the condition but could play a part.

They have several ideas about what the cause could be which are metabolic: TMAU, isolated persistent hypermethionemia, a deficient FMO3 gene.

You can find out more about the disorders here and take part in the research studies if you wish:http://meboresearch.org/

Support website where you will find others with similar problems:
http://breathandbodyodour.proboards.com/
Here you may find some more specific answers to controlling the odor!

Offline ichigo13  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2012 2:54:42 AM(UTC)
ichigo13

Man

fscott wrote:
I just re-read your post. I had forgotten that the doctor found candida in your esophagus. As this is the case, perhaps the bad breath is coming not from your mouth but from your throat, in which case the methods I suggested might not get the job done. I would still give it a try though, as it's easy and relatively cheap.

Thank you for the advices. Yes, I have the suspicion that it is coming from my throat. But I will still take your advices about the saline wash. It wont hurt to try.
Offline ichigo13  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2012 3:04:46 AM(UTC)
ichigo13

Man

CT wrote:
[quote=ichigo13]

There are people who suffer from rare disorders that can cause them to smell of unusual substances such as feces, urine, bad eggs, garbage, onions, sulphur etc. T

All of the examples you mentioned above. No doubt I experienced them all. Thank for the links. I hope I could find something that would at least alleviate my suffering.

Actually the dentist specializing in bad breath told me that I the root cause of the foul breath coming out my mouth is the overgrowing bad bacteria.
Offline DianaBanana  
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 3:13:45 PM(UTC)
DianaBanana

Woman

ichigo13 - Wow, that must be tough. I don't know much about it, but I do remember having a friend in school with very bad breath and it was hard for her to make friends because of it. She never understood what the problem was, and nobody wanted to tell her. I couldn't tell her either (I was too shy, and only 11 years old), but at least I forced myself to ignore it and to be her friend. She was so grateful and I'm glad I was her friend, although it was hard.

I can't offer any specific advice and I don't know if your problem is candida, but one thing that occurred to me is "oil pulling." You can look it up on the Internet...there's lots of information. Just keep reading and you will find some theories and methods, none of them harmful and all possibly helpful. Personally, I do it almost every day, about 15-20 minutes, using extra light olive oil because it has almost no flavor. If the source of your problem is bacteria in your mouth, this would almost certainly cure it!

Best wishes!
User is suspended until 2/20/2041 5:52:52 PM(UTC) Able900  
#8 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 3:37:23 PM(UTC)
Able900

Man

Was thanked: 572 time(s) in 391 post(s)
DianaBanana wrote:
I can't offer any specific advice and I don't know if your problem is candida, but one thing that occurred to me is "oil pulling."
You can look it up on the Internet...

There's no need in looking on the Internet. Oil pulling and thrush have been discussed many times here on the forum.
Below is a link describing how it's done.

http://www.thecandidadie...tst734_ORAL-THRUSH.aspx

Able
Offline ichigo13  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2012 2:33:23 PM(UTC)
ichigo13

Man

DianaBanana wrote:
ichigo13 - Wow, that must be tough. I don't know much about it, but I do remember having a friend in school with very bad breath and it was hard for her to make friends because of it. She never understood what the problem was, and nobody wanted to tell her. I couldn't tell her either (I was too shy, and only 11 years old), but at least I forced myself to ignore it and to be her friend. She was so grateful and I'm glad I was her friend, although it was hard.

I can't offer any specific advice and I don't know if your problem is candida, but one thing that occurred to me is "oil pulling." You can look it up on the Internet...there's lots of information. Just keep reading and you will find some theories and methods, none of them harmful and all possibly helpful. Personally, I do it almost every day, about 15-20 minutes, using extra light olive oil because it has almost no flavor. If the source of your problem is bacteria in your mouth, this would almost certainly cure it!

Best wishes!

Thank you for the sympathy DianaBanana. Youre friend is so lucky to have you. It is really hard to improve your social life when you have this kind of problem. I do not know actually what the real problem is. My dentist told me before that it is because of the bad bacteria (too much) inside my mouth. I did all her advises to control the bad bacteria to its normal level but the problem is I don't thinks its working. Since I had this history of having a candida in my esophagus before, I thought that I need to restore my health back to normal by doing a candida diet. I am moving on to stage 2 now after 6 days of doing the cleansing. Now I have this rashes all over my body and its so itchy.
Anyway, Never heard it before. but I will definitely do a research on that oil pulling. BTW Does your friend still suffer from halitosis? My cousin used to have a bad breath when he was 11-13 yo but it is now gone. I think that certain kid can have that because they their immune system is now yet fully developed or something. This is just a guess though.
Offline ichigo13  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2012 2:36:12 PM(UTC)
ichigo13

Man

Able900 wrote:
DianaBanana wrote:
I can't offer any specific advice and I don't know if your problem is candida, but one thing that occurred to me is "oil pulling."
You can look it up on the Internet...

There's no need in looking on the Internet. Oil pulling and thrush have been discussed many times here on the forum.
Below is a link describing how it's done.

http://www.thecandidadie...tst734_ORAL-THRUSH.aspx

Able

I am certain that I do not have oral thrush. My mouth is the only place in my body which is not infected by yeast I think. Anyway thank for the link. I will still try this though.
Offline DianaBanana  
#11 Posted : Sunday, May 06, 2012 3:09:37 PM(UTC)
DianaBanana

Woman

Ichigo, I didn't have time to keep checking the board (I sure wish the forum would send an email when there are replies!)...so I'm just coming back now after you notified me by message.

I remembered that I have an experience more recent than the one I mentioned. In the last 5-10 years, my brother and my grandfather both developed problems with bad breath, and they started using TheraBreath products, which really controlled the problem:

http://www.therabreath.com/breathtest.asp

I think your problem is worse than theirs, but this might be worth a try.

Maybe you know the following already, but do some research if you hadn't heard about it yet. To have good breath, you need to have very healthy intestinal bacteria. I don't have links to share about that (and no time to look), but I've heard this mentioned at health lectures I attended years ago. Find the best probiotics you can find and take lots of them! (But start slowly, of course, in case you have candida die-off.) Eat yogurt, fermented foods, etc. and don't do anything that kills your good bacteria (antibiotics, chlorinated water, bad diet, etc.).

You asked somewhere else how to avoid losing weight on the candida diet. In my opinion, it's not possible. I've never know anyone who followed a candida diet who didn't become very thin. Unless you are SURE you have candida overgrowth, I don't recommend following the strict diet. Find one of those online questionnaires about candida and figure out whether candida is really your problem. If you decide to follow the diet, I think you should be sure to use plenty of fat (like coconut oil, butter, olive oil, meat with fat, etc.) for energy, since you aren't getting much carbohydrate.

I will try to remember to check back and see how you're doing!
Offline ichigo13  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 08, 2012 12:40:24 AM(UTC)
ichigo13

Man

DianaBanana wrote:
Ichigo, I didn't have time to keep checking the board (I sure wish the forum would send an email when there are replies!)...so I'm just coming back now after you notified me by message.

I remembered that I have an experience more recent than the one I mentioned. In the last 5-10 years, my brother and my grandfather both developed problems with bad breath, and they started using TheraBreath products, which really controlled the problem:

http://www.therabreath.com/breathtest.asp

I think your problem is worse than theirs, but this might be worth a try.

Maybe you know the following already, but do some research if you hadn't heard about it yet. To have good breath, you need to have very healthy intestinal bacteria. I don't have links to share about that (and no time to look), but I've heard this mentioned at health lectures I attended years ago. Find the best probiotics you can find and take lots of them! (But start slowly, of course, in case you have candida die-off.) Eat yogurt, fermented foods, etc. and don't do anything that kills your good bacteria (antibiotics, chlorinated water, bad diet, etc.).

You asked somewhere else how to avoid losing weight on the candida diet. In my opinion, it's not possible. I've never know anyone who followed a candida diet who didn't become very thin. Unless you are SURE you have candida overgrowth, I don't recommend following the strict diet. Find one of those online questionnaires about candida and figure out whether candida is really your problem. If you decide to follow the diet, I think you should be sure to use plenty of fat (like coconut oil, butter, olive oil, meat with fat, etc.) for energy, since you aren't getting much carbohydrate.

I will try to remember to check back and see how you're doing!

Thank you for the effort to reply.

Must be hard for your Grandfather, specially for your brother. But good to hear(envy)it was controlled by these products.

Actually my dentist, specializing in curing bad breath prescribed me to use the Therabreath spray and other products from the US that would oxygenate my mouth to prevent bad bacteria from multiplying. It made me feel alive and confident at first but after a week or so, the bad taste or bad smell of the saliva that dried when I lick the back of my hand (which I always do to check my breath).

From the start of my ordeal. I had the speculation that the root cause of this bad breath is the disturbed flora in my guts. I had IBS until I start taking probiotics last month. To my surprise, the diarrhea after a 2-3 days of constipation is gone. I have regular bowel movement now, which makes me feel really good. So I resolved to get a more powerful and good probiotics and continue on using it even when I stopped the diet. With the yogurt and fermented food. It has became my routine to take yogurt as a snack and eat handmade kimchi recently.

I am very motivated and enjoying eating healthy diet now from the improvements that I never felt before.

BTW Oil pulling is amazing. Gives me power and energy. I liked it. I never neglect to put a teaspoon of sesame oil in my mouth when I wake up. Thank you so much for referring me to this great old but so effective method.

With regards to prevent losing weight. Yes I am sure about having a candida because I had it 4 years ago in my esophagus and I do not think It was completely eradicated by Diflucan I had for 2 weeks. Cured the candida in my esophagus but they just migrated somewhere in my body. So I am continuing to do the diet until I am satisfied that the flora in my gut is back from being imbalanced. And my immune system is not suppressed anymore. This is all going to be self-diagnosis.
I'll take your advice to get lots of foods rich in fats. Luckily, I am a big fan of coconut oil, olive oil and butter.

Thank you again DianaBanana.
Offline flamingo  
#13 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2012 2:09:18 PM(UTC)
flamingo

Mouth tastes metallic sometimes, shit sometimes.

Hi! i also get that taste all the time, or used to anyway. i think it was the excess meat i was eating and yoghurt and carbs probably. It tasted like a sewerage in my mouth, and when i spoke or opened my mouth to breathe it was a strong smell.

I am currently undergoing the candida diet solely to eliminate bad breath, even though i know that eating meat alot will give me bad breath. but i'm looking to get rid of or just get used to the candida diet so that i can control candida first before reducing my meat daily intake (because i feel so hungry if i just eat vegies and a few pieces of meat). But whenever i eat sweet foods or the time when i ate so much white bread (refined carbs) i'd get this taste on my tongue that wouldn't go away and it tasted yucky like a really deep taste that took over my whole mouth kind of thing and my mouth felt so dry. i wonder if you get that problem too when you have eaten refined carbs?

I think candida is one of the culprits for me (the other one is protein: meat) because whenever i eat anything with a dough (such as samosa, pies (any pies), bread), or ketchup , or soups (i think they put yeast in it), sugary foods, cakes, sweet foods, alcohol, basically gluten, yeast, and sugary foods then i get that really sickening taste on my tounge and when i breathe through my mouth (like just one or puffs in the air in front of me) then i can smell this strong smell. I wonder if you get that too? And also a white tounge?

Thanks Ichigo13
Offline ichigo13  
#14 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2012 3:42:03 PM(UTC)
ichigo13

Man

Sorry for the late reply flamingo.

I don't get the metallic taste anymore, but still get the strong smell whenever I try to open my mouth. It is strong but because I got used to it I can't tell what smell it is anymore. I think that candida alone is not the main culprit. I agree to what you said that It could be the meat or foods we eat that gives different smells of our breath.

During my first 1 week of only eating veggies and few weeks after that, I am sure that my breath got better. My tongue's color became pinkish too. But when I slowly eat more meat (more on white meat) the strong smell started again. But no more, sewage, metallic tastes like before. Also the white coating came back but I think it have the normal white coating on my tongue.

Until now I am following the diet but there are instances when I have to eat outside which is inevitable for me. Though I am eating outside I choose the foods served does not have sugar, wheat and alcohol. I could tell the food I ate is not good because there are changes in my bowel movement, texture and color.

My problem now is that I do not know the candida is gone or not because I do not get any die off symptoms. I only got it twice. First was after 1 week of eating only veggies. Second is after one week of the first die off.

Oh yeah I also observed that Coconut aminos and apple cider vinegar contributed to the strong smell.

I hope I could be of help by sharing my experience.
Offline seema  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2012 1:45:14 PM(UTC)
seema

Bad breath caused due to candida can only be helped by eradicating candida from the root. Candida lives and grows in moist and dark places. Once it gets into your blood,finding way to your mouth becomes easier. The best way is to eliminate the root cause of bad breath first which is candida in your gut.
Offline chinmoya  
#16 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 11:20:07 PM(UTC)
chinmoya

fscott wrote:
I am sorry that you have had to suffer so long with this problem. I've found that my candida-related breath issues can be kept under control by doing two things:

1.) I put a good amount of sea-salt on my tongue, leaving it there for about five minutes before spitting it out.

2.) After rinsing out the salt, I open up a probiotic capsule and pour the contents onto my tongue. I then use my toothbrush to spread the probiotic all over the tongue surface. I keep the probiotic in my mouth anywhere from 5-20 minutes before swallowing. I usually don't use a whole capsule; the amount you use will vary with the strength of the probiotic.

These things have helped me significantly over the last few weeks. I am hoping that it is a long term solution and that they remain effective in the future. I usually repeat these steps 2-3 times throughout the day.

Hope this helps. Whether or not you have candida, I would think these things could prove effective against the bacteria causing your bad breath.

(Also, don't use table salt. I've heard that it can be harmful.)

Thanks for your tips. They helped me too! ;)
Offline flamingo  
#17 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 6:24:56 AM(UTC)
flamingo

I have tried breezecare, used it for about 3 years because i thought it would work over time, wasted so much of my money and it doesn't even work.
Offline flamingo  
#18 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 6:29:14 AM(UTC)
flamingo

Breezecare products are designed so that you'll keep buying from them your whole life. They don't treat the source of it.
I always question why people don't have to use breezecare products and their breath is fresh, why can't I be like them?
I am no different to normal people and i can achieve fresh breath without needing to resort to buying expensive products like breezecare for the rest of my life.
Offline natmike5464  
#19 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 7:21:32 AM(UTC)
natmike5464

Woman
Canada

I also have bad breath-- something that helps me is probiotic gum- I keep some at work and they are very helpful....
Offline Ms T  
#20 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 7:55:20 AM(UTC)
Ms T

Hi.

Forgive me if this has been discussed already, I skimmed the replies to your message but I may have missed something.

I have used liquid Chlorophyl (Nature's Way makes a good one). I do not know if Chlorophyl is acceptable on the strict diet that Able recommends, so perhaps someone can check me on that, however, I have seen it recommended elsewhere. I started it before my journey fighting Candida.

It does make your tongue green so I tend to use it at night.

Hope this is helpful.

T