Candida Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline JaneneBean  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2012 5:45:50 AM(UTC)
JaneneBean

Groups: Registered
Woman

I'm a bit frustrated because I'm not a fish eater unless it's deep fried. (bad) I like chicken but it gets old. I can't eat beef because it's difficult for me to digest, turkey is hard to come by unless it's deli style...so that leaves pork, the other white meat. Why does it have to be bad for Candida?
Also, I eat a little cheese, try to avoid the harder cheeses and in my Teeccino I like half and half. It's low carb so I wonder if it's okay to have since I don't have problems with dairy.
Sponsor
Offline dvjorge  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2012 7:27:12 AM(UTC)
dvjorge

Was thanked: 250 time(s) in 178 post(s)
JaneneBean wrote:
I'm a bit frustrated because I'm not a fish eater unless it's deep fried. (bad) I like chicken but it gets old. I can't eat beef because it's difficult for me to digest, turkey is hard to come by unless it's deli style...so that leaves pork, the other white meat. Why does it have to be bad for Candida?
Also, I eat a little cheese, try to avoid the harder cheeses and in my Teeccino I like half and half. It's low carb so I wonder if it's okay to have since I don't have problems with dairy.

There ISN'T an standard candida diet. Every diet you find is different than the other. If you separate what you CAN NOT eat in all of them, what will be left is purified water.
There is nothing special with pork. It isn't sugar or carbohydrate. Some people prefer to avoid meat because candida albicans when deprived of food goes over anything. The metabolic wastes from bacterias and fungus when feeding with meat are more toxic than when they metabolize sugar.
You have to eat something. Having the limitations with sugars and carbohydrates is more than enough.
If candida is going to die with your treatment, it will happen with pork or without it. When it is going to stay, it will do it too until your immune system and treatment be enough to eradicate it.

Don't be afraid of eating meat moderately if you don't react to it, specially after 3 or 4 weeks on the treatment. It is worse having you weak because you don't eat to be thinking what candida eats. At the end, nobody here knows what the fungus eat at all.
Jorge.

Edited by user Thursday, April 05, 2012 11:45:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User is suspended until 8/4/2041 12:51:45 PM(UTC) Kyle  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2012 8:44:22 AM(UTC)
Kyle

Jorge,
Do you have any links to information on Candida's food sources or its ability to metabolise substances other than saccharides?
I've searched around but not much out there (from credible sources).
Thanks

-Kyle
Offline dvjorge  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2012 11:52:49 AM(UTC)
dvjorge

Was thanked: 250 time(s) in 178 post(s)
Kyle wrote:

Jorge,
Do you have any links to information on Candida's food sources or its ability to metabolise substances other than saccharides?
I've searched around but not much out there (from credible sources).
Thanks

-Kyle

Scientific papers, no.
I mean I don't have any medical study supporting the growing factor media for candida albicans.
On the other hand, I have read two books written by a MD about candidiasis where he says candida metabolize proteins, specially red meat. One of the books is An Extraordinary Power to Heal, by Dr. Bruce Semon.
Jorge.
Offline PrettyInPink23  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2012 12:11:38 PM(UTC)
PrettyInPink23

I personally believe pork, for one is only bad for you because it is one of the foods that takes the body the longest to digest. Im not any expert but I think veggies take like 8 hours to digest and so forth with other foods, while pork takes 7 days. So, for 7 days the pork is rotting in your gut.....

That is just what Ive read and learned from my friends who also eat healthy.

Hope most or some of this info is correct...
Offline JaneneBean  
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2012 3:41:17 PM(UTC)
JaneneBean

Woman

Well, I do know that beef is really hard for me to digest. I don't seem to have problems with pork and only eat about 2 oz. at a time. It's a favorite with breakfast, mostly sausage, which also is supposed to be a "no no". But I eat very small portions of it and have been from the beginning of my yeast ordeal. Hopefully it's not setting me back. I would hate to think that I'm sabotaging myself with pig. ;-)
Offline blakek89  
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2012 5:23:05 PM(UTC)
blakek89

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Digestion Rate of Various Meats
Meat may stay in the intestines for 24-72 hours and still depend on its type. Likewise, red meat in particular takes 1-3 days to complete the digestion process because of fat content and high protein, according to Lisa Cicciarello Andrews of University of Cincinnati.
With this regard, Dr. Stanley Bass has simplified the concept of sequential eating pertaining to good digestion process. He is a respected nutritional consultant in Natural Hygiene and after testing the concepts of the most advanced approach to better understand proper food combining rules, he summarizes the rate of meat digestion.
Even the quick digesting foods have to wait until the slowest digesting food like meat leave the stomach. This process may take up to 6-8 hours. To be more exact on the digestive time of various proteins, egg yolk digestion time is around 30 minutes; the whole egg is approximately 45 minutes; fish which is less fatty like sole seafood, cod, flounder, and scrod takes 30 minutes to digest; while more fatty fish including salmon, herring, salmon trout can take 45-60 minutes to digest; the chicken without skin can take up 1 1/2 – 2 hours before it leaves the stomach (what more for chicken with skin?); the turkey without skin is much longer to digest because it can stay 2-2 1/4 hours of digestion; the most favorite beef and lamb can really stay 3-4 hours; lastly, the pork which is always part of the meal can take 4 1/2- 5 hours to digest.
Offline PrettyInPink23  
#8 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 1:08:30 AM(UTC)
PrettyInPink23

Janene- LOL i hope that pig isnt doing you wrong! I only eat fresh killed, wild boar meat...never pork from a store.

Blakek-Interesting facts. thanks for sharing that with me, that clears up my concerns too :)
Offline Javizy  
#9 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 3:18:27 AM(UTC)
Javizy

Man

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Does anyone know anything about meat protein putrefying in the bowels? I believe this happens in people with dysbiosis. As Able is always saying, the ammonia doesn't help things either.

I saw an old study that showed a meat only diet killed off a massive amount of lactobacillus and bifidobacterium, while allowing pathogens to flourish. I guess that's to be expected though.
Offline Tylar  
#10 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 3:27:56 AM(UTC)
Tylar

I recently read (I think from nutritionist Jonny Bowden; don't quote me) that bacteria is the biggest concern with pork. When dealing with a weakened immune system, it's just one added hurdle.

Regarding digestion, I also have a hard time digesting meats. However, ground meat (regardless of red, white, etc.) is usually no problem.

Edited by user Friday, April 06, 2012 3:29:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: spelling

Offline Chlofloso  
#11 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 3:51:12 AM(UTC)
Chlofloso

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
If I remember correctly, what Able usually states about meat is that all animal proteins leads to ammonia production during digestion. Candida produces ammonia too, and usually the Candida will produce only substances that help it survive. This leads to the conclusion that ammonia is beneficial for the fungus, and therefore eating too much animal protein should be avoided. Beef and pork contain more protein than chicken and fish (I believe). Maybe there was more to it, I don't remember.

Chloë
User is suspended until 2/20/2041 5:52:52 PM(UTC) Able900  
#12 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 3:56:34 AM(UTC)
Able900

Man

Was thanked: 572 time(s) in 391 post(s)
Javizy wrote:
Does anyone know anything about meat protein putrefying in the bowels?

Hi, Javizy, maybe this will help answer your question.

The body enacts inflammation in response to an overload of toxins, primarily stemming from eating a diet which we were not designed for. An overload of putrefying high-protein foods which consists of mainly meat and fermenting carbohydrates, mainly grain products, is almost always the causes; these foods are not completely digestible in the human body and thus, they decompose and poison the bowel.

Source: Colitis & Crohn's Health Recovery Center