Candida Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Minou  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2010 8:05:23 AM(UTC)
Minou

Groups: Registered, Moderator

I can manage the diet because I'm in dire need of some dietary changes since it's obviously all the junk that has causes all my candida symptoms.. The candida diet contains healthful food, lots of veggies which I should be eating and I am not. One thing I don't and not sure I can give up is coffee. Do you think 1 or 2 black coffees a day is really going to make a difference? I can't wake up without it and I need one in the afternoon too or I'll pass out.
I want to commit to this program but giving up coffee?
Why live?
Sponsor
Offline Ninni  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 04, 2010 1:04:39 AM(UTC)
Ninni

Groups: Registered

Coffee burdens the liver which needs to be strong to fight the candida. It's also very acidic with isn't good because candida loves an acidic body. It also raises blood sugar levels which is very bad as well.
Coffee also just picks you up, then dumps you. Not good for stable energy levels.
Good luck I know it's a hard one!
Offline Meile  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 07, 2010 7:54:51 PM(UTC)
Meile

I've also read somewhere that coffee kills the friendly bacteria in the gut.
Offline vevian  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 02, 2010 9:01:07 AM(UTC)
vevian

what about one cup of decaff?
this is day two for me and thats what i have comitted to !
Offline Itzomi  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 25, 2010 12:21:56 PM(UTC)
Itzomi

You have GOT to try Teeccino!!!! OMG, OMG, OMG - it is SO GOOD. It's coffee/caffeine-free and made from dried figs, dates, roasted almonds, etc. I know it sounds like a no-no but it's alkalizing to your system and is prebiotic. It doesn't cause me any problems. It tastes so dang good!! Here is a link to its health benefits:

http://teeccino.com/abou...ino-Health-Benefits.html

My favorite flavor is the Almond Amaretto and my BF's favorite is Vanilla Nut (which is also yummy). Tastes GREAT with coconut milk!!!! You can also use 1/2 Teeccino and 1/2 coffee, if you need to, which also tastes great!!

You can read the reviews on Amazon.com if you need more convincing!! You can find it at Whole Foods but not all WF stores carry the Almond Amaretto flavor. There are other flavors as well.

Edited by user Friday, June 25, 2010 12:22:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline west_coast_gal  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 04, 2010 2:22:03 AM(UTC)
west_coast_gal

F.Y.I. with regards to Teecino. Yes, it is delicious but please be aware that is contains roasted barley. For those who are are celiac, gluten intolerant or are just wanting to avoid gluten while on this diet, barley is a no no
Offline yeastfix  
#7 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2010 3:41:56 AM(UTC)
yeastfix

Woman

I've had to say goodbye to coffee.
It was hard, but worth it.

Be Yeast Free!
Offline lisa  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2010 7:37:59 PM(UTC)
lisa

I mostly drink water now and it's no problem. I love how much money I'm saving from cutting out my morning trip to Starbucks!
Offline whyitsme  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 08, 2010 1:45:06 AM(UTC)
whyitsme

My naturopath said I could drink coffee. I realize many of the candida diet lists say no, there are lists that say 1-2 cups is ok. Figure the diet is hard enough, why give up the coffee if giving up everything else. I do however buy the flavored beans, that way no cream or sugar is required, It is flavorful enough black.
Offline Eileen40  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 08, 2010 2:55:47 PM(UTC)
Eileen40

Coffee or Diet Soda. Coffee or Diet Soda. A friend from Europe sent me some coffee, so I'm going to try a little. This is the worst time of year to go on this restrictive diet. No egg nog, no chocolate, no traditional foods. If the gas, the itching, and the depression don't end because I'm drinking coffee, I'll quit after the new year! (I'm on week 2.)
Offline Bizo  
#11 Posted : Saturday, January 01, 2011 6:37:39 AM(UTC)
Bizo

I am getting ready to start the diet on Tuesday. I love coffee. Over the past month I reduced my caffeine intake from 4 cups in the morning to 2. Today I started drinking it black. Tomorrow I am going to try to have 1 cup and I am hoping that by the time I start the diet I will be down to one cup black. Depending on how that goes, I may or may not give it up totally. On thing I wonder though, is that on the list it says you can't have tea and coffee because it has caffeine, but then is says you can have green tea. Green tea has caffeine, so there must be other reasons besides caffeine that coffee is not allowed? Another thing I am considering is making my own chai from almond milk and spices. Many of the spices in chai tea are anti fungal and it is a delicious tea. I might use a little black tea in there too. If I come up with a good recipe I will post it. It might need a bit of stevia too.
Offline Citizen123  
#12 Posted : Monday, January 03, 2011 9:35:27 AM(UTC)
Citizen123

Coffee is not allowed on a Candida diet because coffee beans are FERMENTED; not because of "caffeine" itself.

People do not drink "caffeine", they drink "coffee". Caffeine itself does not stimulate Candida in the body.

Chamomile; Mint and Peppermint are acceptable herbal teas. Stay away from herbal teas that contain fruit ( orange peel, etc.)

Offline Bizo  
#13 Posted : Monday, January 03, 2011 11:20:09 AM(UTC)
Bizo

sauerkraut and yogurt are also FERMENTED and they are recommended foods to consume on the diet.
Offline Remek  
#14 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 12:19:48 AM(UTC)
Remek

This should be helpful

"Too Much Caffeinated Coffee and Tea: I enjoy a good cup of coffee. And honestly, I drank coffee off and on during my own candida cleansing with no adverse effects. Some people tolerate and even benefit from a moderate amount of coffee on a daily basis, while others feel better totally avoiding it. Overdoing caffeine can leach calcium from the body and puts a strain on the adrenal system and immune system, for some more than others. Anyone who is doing a candida cleansing program already has a weakened immune system or the candida wouldn’t be able to wreak such havoc. If you tend to drink a lot of coffee or caffeinated tea every day, then, just for now, you might try to gradually reduce your daily intake to one or two cups. If coffee makes you feel good then by all means, there's no reason to give it up completely! If you add sweetener make sure it's stevia. Good Alternatives:Add some organic swiss water process decaf coffee to your regular coffee. Herbal teas are good instead of the caffeinated varieties, especially later in the day, to avoid the caffeine messing with your sleep. My favorite morning cuppa:I love yerba mate tea, which does have a stimulating effect, but not quite the same as regular coffee or tea, and it's loaded with health benefits. Look at the bottom of this page for a 10% coupon from Guayaki yerba mate. I love love love it. "

quote from - www.candida-cure-recipes.com
Offline HealMyGuts  
#15 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2011 6:15:01 AM(UTC)
HealMyGuts

I, for the most part, have given up coffee. I used to drink at least 3 cups every morning. I don't even remember when I gave it up, or why, but I know it was before I started the Candida Diet.

I used to be one of those, "I need my coffee in the morning or else I can't function," people. Now I honestly don't even think twice about it.

I have actually found that being on the Candida Diet is a MUCH bigger help when waking up in the morning. With coffee I would wake up groggy, get out of bed groggy, put on a pot of coffee groggy, take a shower groggy, then drink my coffee and maybe a half an hour later the caffeine would hit me. Then I would have energy for a couple hours and totally crash.

On the Candida Diet I have found it the easiest to get up in the morning that I ever have. My mind wakes up, I open my eyes, and after about 2 minutes I am fully awake. It has been almost disorienting because this has never happened to me before.I have been doing fairly well on the Candida Diet. Even after a couple days of not being super strict on the diet, I still can wake up in an instant.

I don't know the science behind whether or not Coffee is good or bad on the Candida Diet, but I do know that for me, by following the Diet pretty closely, Coffee is not needed.

I don't know if that will help, but I hope it does!
Follow me through my experience with the Candida Diet!
http://www.HealMyGuts.com
Offline MojoMama  
#16 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2011 7:04:57 AM(UTC)
MojoMama

Hello. I'm new here, but found something that might interest everyone. It is red espresso! If anyone knows reasons not to drink this, please let us know. I used to get it at a local coffee shop, but I found the website they bought it from. http://www.redespresso.com/ There is supposedly no caffeine in this stuff. It's red tea. I have yet to try it at home, but the way the coffee shop made it - it tastes WONDERFUL!!! And I am a stubborn coffee drinker. When I finally tried it, I didn't miss coffee much at all! I hope no one bursts my bubble on this, but I am so excited that I don't have to give up my fix! Try it! As far as coffee replacements go, it is to die for!!!!!! Wooohooo!!!

Edited by user Sunday, January 23, 2011 7:06:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline raster  
#17 Posted : Monday, July 18, 2011 1:36:23 PM(UTC)
raster

Man

Was thanked: 857 time(s) in 715 post(s)
Is switching to green tea much better than continuing coffee in the morning? I only drink 12 ounces once a day. I am 3 weeks into the candida diet. Anyone notice a big difference? I need caffeine because I take sleeping medication because of my insomnia. Many thanks in advance.
Offline katemurphy83  
#18 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2012 12:59:16 AM(UTC)
katemurphy83

Yogurt is so full of healthy probiotics this is why you should eat plain organic yogurt on the diet.
Also all coffee has some amount of mold in it, even organic. This is another reason that you should steer clear of it.
The only reason you might want to do half caf for awhile is to help your body adjust to less caffeine, because you can get really bad headaches when you stop cold turkey..even if all you have is a cup a day. Then eventually cut the coffee out altogether.